Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life has an unfair advantage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
ok i was just you know a little curious as to why there are no life only amulets and the lvl 45 deck for like in the bazaar? I mean every other school has a deck and an amulet and not life? I think this is really unfair and i would like what is best for my wizard since every other school gets it! And on top of it i can even beat enemies on my own! i would like you know a little give in the one of the most difficult to master? the life only spell quests are hard enough as it is, so plz consider the items sold and maybe make the quests just a bit easier!

Jeffrey DawnBreaker level 45 life theurgist

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
2cool4u928 wrote:
ok i was just you know a little curious as to why there are no life only amulets and the lvl 45 deck for like in the bazaar? I mean every other school has a deck and an amulet and not life? I think this is really unfair and i would like what is best for my wizard since every other school gets it! And on top of it i can even beat enemies on my own! i would like you know a little give in the one of the most difficult to master? the life only spell quests are hard enough as it is, so plz consider the items sold and maybe make the quests just a bit easier!

No there are life only amulets and decks.

The deck is from the gallium paladin in the labyrinth

The amulet gives dryad and is from a spider(sorry i forgot).Somewhere in the crystal grove.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Delver
Jul 30, 2009
2cool4u928 wrote:

Ok...You ment DISadvantage, rather then 'advantage' in regards to Life characters. Cause when I saw your title, I was thinking 'this is a first as most people think Life is weak'.

I play a Life character myself. I don't find her weak or at any disadvantage in the points you've mentioned.

She has her deck that she doesn't even put all of her school spells in because she simply doesn't need them...And she's just a level 37 now. Out of the 50 slot spellbook she has, she has 2/3 of those slots filled. The only time she adds more to it, is to add extra heals for team play. In fact, I spend most of my time dumping spells when playing her, to get the battles over quicker.

She has an amulet, that's of her secondary school. And even that is a clutter for her to keep. She also has wands level appropriate from different schools, as she doesn't use her school issued one so as not to mess up when using her attack boosts and blades.

And I play her alone the majority of time. I actually get upset when others jump in 'to help' when she's doing fine battling alone. Because simply put? She doesn't need the help, and I perfer playing solo with her.

In fact, the only time I play her willingly in a team group, it's cause I'm there to help THEM, not the other way around.

So far, she's had no problems doing the school spell quests. They've been little challenge to her in beating, regardless of her levels. I'm actually hoping they get more challenging for her, because it seems 'too easy' in my opinion. Like there's been a handicap added to her school quests simply cause of the school choosen.

By the way? Hubby also has a Life character. His is level 50 now. And like me, he's found his to be anything but at a disadvantage when playing. In fact, his opinion is that the bosses he's fighting are the ones at the disadvantage, not the other way around.

And like me, he hates when people jump in thinking they need to help the Life character, as well as perfers playing that character alone and only team plays when asked to help the other players.

If you're at such a disadvantage, it isn't the character's fault. It's how you're playing it, the secondary/third schools you've choosen, your gear choices, and how you've set up your deck. Because otherwise, you'd be finding out that they are actually great characters to play, and pretty darn tough opponents in a battle.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
2cool4u928 wrote:

Ok...You ment DISadvantage, rather then 'advantage' in regards to Life characters. Cause when I saw your title, I was thinking 'this is a first as most people think Life is weak'.

I play a Life character myself. I don't find her weak or at any disadvantage in the points you've mentioned.

She has her deck that she doesn't even put all of her school spells in because she simply doesn't need them...And she's just a level 37 now. Out of the 50 slot spellbook she has, she has 2/3 of those slots filled. The only time she adds more to it, is to add extra heals for team play. In fact, I spend most of my time dumping spells when playing her, to get the battles over quicker.

She has an amulet, that's of her secondary school. And even that is a clutter for her to keep. She also has wands level appropriate from different schools, as she doesn't use her school issued one so as not to mess up when using her attack boosts and blades.

And I play her alone the majority of time. I actually get upset when others jump in 'to help' when she's doing fine battling alone. Because simply put? She doesn't need the help, and I perfer playing solo with her.

In fact, the only time I play her willingly in a team group, it's cause I'm there to help THEM, not the other way around.

So far, she's had no problems doing the school spell quests. They've been little challenge to her in beating, regardless of her levels. I'm actually hoping they get more challenging for her, because it seems 'too easy' in my opinion. Like there's been a handicap added to her school quests simply cause of the school choosen.

By the way? Hubby also has a Life character. His is level 50 now. And like me, he's found his to be anything but at a disadvantage when playing. In fact, his opinion is that the bosses he's fighting are the ones at the disadvantage, not the other way around.

And like me, he hates when people jump in thinking they need to help the Life character, as well as perfers playing that character alone and only team plays when asked to help the other players.

If you're at such a disadvantage, it isn't the character's fault. It's how you're playing it, the secondary/third schools you've choosen, your gear choices, and how you've set up your deck. Because otherwise, you'd be finding out that they are actually great characters to play, and pretty darn tough opponents in a battle.

i was talking about as why you cant buy any of these materials at the bazaar! but of course the other schools have them there! its not fair!

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
2cool4u928 wrote:
i was talking about as why you cant buy any of these materials at the bazaar! but of course the other schools have them there! its not fair!

You weren't talking just about the bazaar items...Let me remind you of what you also posted:

2cool4u928 wrote:
i would like you know a little give in the one of the most difficult to master? the life only spell quests are hard enough as it is, so plz consider the items sold and maybe make the quests just a bit easier!

The items are in the bazaar. But they sell almost as quickly as they are sold there. Simply because a lot of players create Life characters. My Life girl hasn't had any problems getting her level appropriate gear. Whether from the bazaar or from farming. In fact, outside of the clothing items? She actually passes up purchasing the items you're looking for or sells it if she wins it, as she doesn't need those particular items. Whatever school spells she gets from her school, is enough for her. And she can purchase gear that gives her the health, mana, and pip points she needs...

The rest of my response addressed your original post's remarks about how supposedly hard Life is to master, as well as how hard supposedly it is to do the spell quests...Of which neither are 'hard' if you know how to play your character.

Perhaps in the future, you need to remember EVERYTHING you've discussed in your posts you make...That way you won't be taken by surprise when others actually address other comments made by yourself that wasn't JUST your primary concern?

In this case, you forgot you felt that Life was hard to master and that the spell quests were difficult...Which neither is true as there are players who don't have the difficulties you brought up.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
2cool4u928 wrote:
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
2cool4u928 wrote:

They do sell it at the bazaar but its expensive and VERY rare.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
to answer your question about why life didn't have deck or amulet on the bazaar - because the bazaar will only ever have what people have sold to it available for sale, eg. last i looked there was no blood moss on the bazaar, but if someone comes along and sells blood moss to the merchant then there will be some. just keep checking the bazaar. someone will put up the stuff you want eventually.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
[quote=2cool4u928

You cannot find them in Bazaar because they are in high demand.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
2cool4u928 wrote:

The amulet gives dryad and is from a spider(sorry i forgot).Somewhere in the crystal grove.
yes you are right there are amulets and decks that are life only. I don't have them but my friends do.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
2cool4u928 wrote:

I do agree strongly with your last paragraph. I have a level 30 Life and he is good. I chose fire as my second school, and storm as my third. I think they are both very strong schools, and I use those to attack, and life to heal.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
2cool4u928 wrote:

The reason why life has so few offensive attacks is because of its many healing spells. Life has the advantage of healing in battle, so if life were incredibly strong, it would be unfair on the other schools. They all have their faults. Ice isn't so strong, storm is inaccurate, balance is mostly defensive or spells that need to be waited for, and myth, fire and death are pretty average. The thing about life magic is that it is best when in a team, as in all schools, a well thought out strategy is needed to be successful.

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
2cool4u928 wrote:

crystallien queen (i think it's spelled wrong).