Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Finding and Following Friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2008
Greetings all,

Up until recently, I have spent most of my time on W101 Soloing. I love how you can check your map at various points and see where certain items pop up. Now that I have started playing with a couple of my friends, often lower level ones, who do not share the same quests I have, I can appreciate how hard it is to track them down.

My suggestions is a small marker that appears on the map that represents your friend or friends. Now a map could quickly get cluttered and just because your friend is on doesn't mean you need to know where they are. So I suggest making this an option only for groups. The order in which people joined the group could designate a colored dot or star.

There may also be the possibilities of a friend arrow. This would appear much like the quest arrow does, only in green or some other color. You could select this option from the friend's menu, perhaps located beneath or above 'teleport to friend.' To calm confusion, tracking only one friend at a time would be possible, and tracking random individuals would not be allowed. Only those on your friends list.

Just a couple ideas to help improve group gaming.
Ellis - Olivia Bear - Sunbird Realm - Level 47 - Storm/Fire
Tyler Swift - Sunbird Realm - Level 12 - Life/Death