Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

higher level issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
is it possible that the lag i am having is the result of being lvl 46 because my real life brother is lvl 36 and has no lag time problems at all.

i of course have lag problems..and..i have reloaded wizard101 twice..so i would like someone to reply to this and tell me what is wrong!! my computer is updated all the way all my video codecs are here but i still have lag and i do not know why surely someone does and can tell me how to fix it

Administrator
We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
troubled1 wrote:
is it possible that the lag i am having is the result of being lvl 46 because my real life brother is lvl 36 and has no lag time problems at all.

i of course have lag problems..and..i have reloaded wizard101 twice..so i would like someone to reply to this and tell me what is wrong!! my computer is updated all the way all my video codecs are here but i still have lag and i do not know why surely someone does and can tell me how to fix it

> Try selling off/giving away some of your treasure cards/items.
> Turn off quest-tracker. Some places it tends to slow things down.
> Try 'perfect' realms.

You didn't say if you are using the same computer. If not, try it on his to determine if it is the character or the computer.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
So I'm not the only one! After a while, my grand started to slow down in loading time until it was literally about one minute between areas, EVEN IF IT WAS TO GO INTO A HOUSE! It got very annoying and eventually i made a sub character. I couldn't believe how fast it was, then, as it got higher level, it slowed down again. Now at level 45, its almost as slow to load as my grand! It is very annoying. I use a Acer Aspire One Netbook with all graphics settings on wizard101 set to lowest resolution. This didn't start happening until wizard101 got deep into their updates (mounts, the such) I hope it is something that can be fixed.