Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have you noticed the references?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Hey guys, I know most of you are probably a little to young to catch these, but have you noticed the references to old songs and bands and such in the game? I love it!

I think whoever created this game really likes Led Zeppelin, because I have had quests that references them (Immigrant Song in Grizzleheim, The Battle of Evermore in Mooshu, Yardbirds in Grizzleheim, etc.) When I saw these I was like "Hey! I get it!"

Have you guys seen any references to anything? I did see one called Stray Cat Strut, which was a song.

Okay, thanks bye! :D

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
I haven't gotten to go to those places yet but I should would enjoy that.

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I notice more adult references in media targeted at children than I do anywhere else. Disney movies are a good example.

It's something to chuckle at amidst all the childish and cartoony humor.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
KiansDad wrote:
In Mooshu, you're introduced to the Cult of the Blue Oyster.

Go Go Godzilla,

just couldn't resist :D

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Panova wrote:
Hey guys, I know most of you are probably a little to young to catch these, but have you noticed the references to old songs and bands and such in the game? I love it!

I think whoever created this game really likes Led Zeppelin, because I have had quests that references them (Immigrant Song in Grizzleheim, The Battle of Evermore in Mooshu, Yardbirds in Grizzleheim, etc.) When I saw these I was like "Hey! I get it!"

Have you guys seen any references to anything? I did see one called Stray Cat Strut, which was a song.

Okay, thanks bye! :D

I enjoyed the Fight Club references in the quest 'Fight Grubb', informall known as 'The Sunken City' quest.