Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Turning off XP earning

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 12, 2009
I don't know how many others might like this idea but I, for one, would love to have an option of temporarily turning off the ability to earn XP my wizards are earning.

The purpose of this being if you want to take a certain wizard and have he or she do some "farming." I think it would be especially useful in this case if you don't want to earn too much XP and advance your wizard so fast that they turn Grand way before they would had they never farmed at all.

Sometimes I think I would like to take "wizard X" to go farm for a unique item that would be useful at their current level, but by the time I might actually acquire that item they might have worked their way past the level of the item which it would have been most useful...or the item won't be useful for as long as it would have been had I been able to get it earlier on.

The option to turn off XP would not effect those who don't wish to stop earning it, you simply wouldn't click on it. But for those who want to slow down their own progress it would be there and you could farm as much as you would like without worry. Then when you wanted to start earning XP again you could just click on the option to turn it back on. Maybe this idea could even be added somewhere in the options menus so that it could not be turned on or off carelessly and one would have to click "ok" to confirm that they want to do that?

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
I'm sorry what level are you!? there is noooooooo way that you could get to grand just from battle xp. you couldn't level up at a high level. And missing quest xp you probably wouldn't be able to get to grand at all if you missed as few as 5 quests in ms or ds.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
I'm sorry what level are you!? there is noooooooo way that you could get to grand just from battle xp. you couldn't level up at a high level. And missing quest xp you probably wouldn't be able to get to grand at all if you missed as few as 5 quests in ms or ds.

Um...if you actually READ what I said I am talking mainly about farming!!!!

By the way, I have 6 Grandmasters; Balance, Storm, Life, Death, Fire, Ice. I also have one Master Storm, one Magus Life, also a low level ice that I haven't messed with much yet but plan to in the future, a Myth that is about level 17 that I am playing with for fun until I get her to Grand...which I will delete her then as I have no use for her, another low level Ice that I am running to get a certain item and then deleting him. YES, I have TWO accounts! So don't go acting as if I haven't been playing this game A LOT! And yes, I have all those grands, so I know what I am talking about here!

I am not sure where you got ANY idea about missing quests??????

I have done every quest both side and main, not including all the ones in Grizzleheim, with all my Grandmasters. I have done most of GH with most of my Grands(three only have the coven to do now,) and that was just for fun because they became Grands WAY before they ever even finished DS, usually by the time they were in the Crystal Grove.

What I actually was talking about here, if you could read all of what I said and not just the parts you want to, was that doing any farming with low-level wizards HELPS to increase their level too much and they become Grands way before they even would if they only did their regular quests. This is why it would be NICE if we had the option to turn off XP for a time, as we need, so that we can use our lower-level wizards to farm what they can use at that time! Like say you have a level 25 wizard and you want a certain wand or robe or something of that level. You could stop that wizard's progress for a time so they could go farm for something and then not fear gaining too much XP from FARMING!

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
I don't know how many others might like this idea but I, for one, would love to have an option of temporarily turning off the ability to earn XP my wizards are earning.

The purpose of this being if you want to take a certain wizard and have he or she do some "farming." I think it would be especially useful in this case if you don't want to earn too much XP and advance your wizard so fast that they turn Grand way before they would had they never farmed at all.

Sometimes I think I would like to take "wizard X" to go farm for a unique item that would be useful at their current level, but by the time I might actually acquire that item they might have worked their way past the level of the item which it would have been most useful...or the item won't be useful for as long as it would have been had I been able to get it earlier on.

The option to turn off XP would not effect those who don't wish to stop earning it, you simply wouldn't click on it. But for those who want to slow down their own progress it would be there and you could farm as much as you would like without worry. Then when you wanted to start earning XP again you could just click on the option to turn it back on. Maybe this idea could even be added somewhere in the options menus so that it could not be turned on or off carelessly and one would have to click "ok" to confirm that they want to do that?

no no no no! Dx i have a gm, and they turned it off recently, you use to be able to get xp from battle but not quest after u hit lvl50, now not at all, so not fair

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
oceandaydreamer wrote:

no no no no! Dx i have a gm, and they turned it off recently, you use to be able to get xp from battle but not quest after u hit lvl50, now not at all, so not fair

Gee...so many people never read an entire entry, no wonder the US is so behind other countries in school!

I said this would be OPTIONAL. So what difference would it make if it was optional? You wouldn't have to turn it off if you didn't want to!

By the way, since when did you earn XP after hitting Grand? I have 6 Grands and have never earned XP after that. And even if you did it's not like you COULD get to level 51, yet, since it doesn't exist as of the current game!

Defender
May 18, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:

I agree. I mean why would you wanna turn of XP points? It sort of silly.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
oceandaydreamer wrote:

I personly think this is a good idea i am a Grandmaster but i been farming a lot so i guess IF they raise the cap i would rise about 3-7 levels higher lol so i like this idea

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
hunter33333 wrote:
thunderbird120 wrote:

I agree. I mean why would you wanna turn of XP points? It sort of silly.

Yet again, if you actually READ my first statement it explains WHY!

For those of us who have ran through the game many times and have many Grands, especially, you can see how fast you get to Grand.

Because of this it would be nice to have the OPTION to turn it off so that you could use that wizard to farm a bit without progressing them any farther than their current quests would have them. At least until you WANT to stop farming and then you could turn XP earning back on and continue your progress towards Grand.

Since this would be an OPTIONAL thing I don't see why anyone would care if anyone who wanted to slow down their own progress to farm would do it or not as IT WOULDN"T EFFECT YOU if you don't want to do it!!!

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Chool121 wrote:
oceandaydreamer wrote:

I personly think this is a good idea i am a Grandmaster but i been farming a lot so i guess IF they raise the cap i would rise about 3-7 levels higher lol so i like this idea

Thank you! Finally one person who actually read and understood what I was saying.

And to anyone else:
If you don't like the idea please have a good reason why. Remember I said this would be OPTIONAL, so if you didn't want it to be turned off then it's not like that would be forced on you!