Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Information! (READ FULL TOPIC)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 04, 2009
Hello, this is Tanner WillowRunner. I am going to inform you of the Terms of Use. Recently I had an email sent giving a warning about the terms of use. At first I thought my account for Wizard101 was permanently banned, but then realized it was a warning. Unless you want that to happen, follow the terms of use. Currently, people on Wizard101 are using explicit and/or profane language, therefore, people who are using language such as this, take caution. Do you want your account banned? If you want to keep your account, think twice before using explicit dialogue! Thank you for your support. And please, follow this rule. :|

Explorer
May 04, 2009
chrisbradley wrote:
Hello, this is Tanner WillowRunner. I am going to inform you of the Terms of Use. Recently I had an email sent giving a warning about the terms of use. At first I thought my account for Wizard101 was permanently banned, but then realized it was a warning. Unless you want that to happen, follow the terms of use. Currently, people on Wizard101 are using explicit and/or profane language, therefore, people who are using language such as this, take caution. Do you want your account banned? If you want to keep your account, think twice before using explicit dialogue! Thank you for your support. And please, follow this rule. :|
Explicit language is unallowed to Wizard101, not that I have used it, but I only had in frustration and annoyingness, therefore I settle thing more calmly like a well placed agreement or a pvp match. It's better to settle thing without hostility to other players. Oh, and just so you know, you are no longer allowed to trade cards for codes, but some of you already know that. Good bye and please, do not act hostile against others. Thank you. Remember to read the terms of use as well. [Be sure to follow every piece of information given in this quote and in the previous message!]

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
chrisbradley wrote:
Hello, this is Tanner WillowRunner. Currently, people on Wizard101 are using explicit and/or profane language, therefore, people who are using language such as this, take caution. Do you want your account banned? If you want to keep your account, think twice before using explicit dialogue! Thank you for your support. And please, follow this rule. :|

Thank you for reminding us. I occasionally wonder why people use profane language so often. Sometimes the negative energy they emit catches me off guard. There are far better words to get a feeling across, even if you use commonly heard words like "snap" or "frak". Far better though is to use a bit of your intelligence and use words that some people have to look up in order to know how they were insulted. For example:

One time, during study period in the school library, the principal observed the antics of a couple of kids. He stood in front of them (for what seemed like a couple of minutes) and told them that instead of looking cool that they looked "insipid". There just happened to be a dictionary on each of the tables in the library. When he left, there was quick movement at each table ... everyone grabbing for the dictionary to look up what "insipid" meant. And to this day, I can remember the look on everyone's faces (kids at each table) when they turned to look at the kids who were called that. That one word, that we weren't familiar with, made a huge impact on how we viewed those kids from that day forth.

Of importance also is to know how to report a wizard:

Yesterday, I witnessed bad language used. There were many wizards surrounding him so I figured someone had reported him. I went off and fought some fire elves and returned and he was still there cussing creatively ... but worse, he was also talking about suicide. There were wizards trying to help him. And during that time of being upset, I could not remember how to report a wizard. Finally, I went out of the game and Googled "wizard101: how to report" and I got a link to where I was told to click on that wizard and there is a "Report" button in the menu that also says things like "add to friends" and "go to that location". By that time, the wizard was gone, so I don't know if the Monitors got him or if he left on his own accord.

It still bothers me because he had a plan and he said he had the knife in his hands. I want to ask Headmaster Ambrose what to do, what to say, and maybe even ask "would the Monitors contact the police in order to help this person?" So I will do that on the appropriate Forum segment.

Oh, and if you are a parent reading this: FYI, I have played since Beta ... more days and hours than I should ... and this is the first time I have seen this.

Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
Alrighty then. So, are you part of KingsIsle, or are you just warning us?

Administrator
WaddleDeeMan wrote:
Alrighty then. So, are you part of KingsIsle, or are you just warning us?

KingsIsle employees are represented on the message boards with either Administrator or Moderator tags on the left.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 04, 2009
Prof. GreyRose is right. I am just giving a warning to help people keep their accounts and learn not to use language like this.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
chrisbradley wrote:
Prof. GreyRose is right. I am just giving a warning to help people keep their accounts and learn not to use language like this.

I posted only as a FYI.