Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat not working no matter what I try

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
I'm not able to chat in the game, it's showing no chat allowed over me. In my settings I have enabled all chat features, but still nothing.

any ideas?

Thanks

Administrator
There are three indications of a players chat level that can appear over their head.

1. speech bubble with line through it - Menu Chat only players
2. empty speech bubble - Text Chat players
3. no speech bubble - Open Chat players

If you are saying that you have the first one, eventhough you have enabled other levels on your account, please contact Mr Lincoln at support@wizard101.com and he can take a look at why this is happening.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
May 04, 2009
This may sound a little too obvious to some people, but I missed it when I first wanted to set up chat on my account.

When I went to "My Accounts", near the chat options I saw the word "enable" on the right hand column, and I thought that meant that it was enabled. It took me a while to figure out that I had to click on the particular chat option and turn it "on", then the word "enable" went away and the word "disable" appeared.

Sounds simple, but like I said, I missed it in the beginning.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Did you have chat before? If so, you may have been muted for inappropriate language.

If you did not have chat before Hollen1233 method should work.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Thanks for the help. This is what has happen. it's all working great now.

Hollen1233 wrote:
This may sound a little too obvious to some people, but I missed it when I first wanted to set up chat on my account.

When I went to "My Accounts", near the chat options I saw the word "enable" on the right hand column, and I thought that meant that it was enabled. It took me a while to figure out that I had to click on the particular chat option and turn it "on", then the word "enable" went away and the word "disable" appeared.

Sounds simple, but like I said, I missed it in the beginning.