Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lvl 50 grand master equipment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
Well, believe it or not, when i was a magus pyromancer level 32, first time i beat malistare and got the triton robe. Second time i did him at level 33, I got the colossus robe and the helephant robe from the chest. Lucky me! :D

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Well i just currently turned into a grandmaster ice wizard and well i don't really bother farming bosses for equipment. HAVEN'T YOU HEARD CROWN SHOP!!! Well i bought my valkyrie set already from the crown shop and it works pretty well with me. but i understand how you feel, i wanted the long blade of homonculus so bad i ask my friends to help me not one thing i got out of that Giant Homonculus except some clothing and reagents. but then the next day i tried once by my self and i received it, i was so excited.

The more people there are with you the less likely you will get what you want. so i hope it works out for you 8)

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
For me it is just luck!! I don't farm, but I still get a few level 50 items for different characters. I enjoy the game more if I don't worry about getting the right gear.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
2cool4u928 wrote:
ok i am a lvl 50 ice thaumaturge and i have been trying for two weeks now to get my ice boots and hat and i fight at least a MINIMUM of twenty times a day and i havent gotten anything! i have become very frustrated and idk what to do! i fight snowcrusher for my boots and yeva for my hat! am i doing something wrong? idk! WHAT DO I DO! i just want my stuff :(

Speaking from experience dating back to the beta stage of this game, and 2 1/2 accounts of wizards, I can tell you it is all luck regarding boss/gear drops. There is no trick to getting what you want. KI has confirmed this in the past.

Going first in the fight, having first position (or any particular position), hitting first, landing the killing blow, killing in one hit, solo, group, etc...none of that will better your chances. I have participated in too many fights to count and have been in every position described above, even showing up barely in time for the last/final killing hit and receiving Boris Blackrock's Ice deck while standing in last position and not casting one single spell. (This was on my life wiz, while my ice wiz had tried daily over the course of a month for this deck.)

I suggest you grab a friend or 3 and just sit back and enjoy the company while you farm or help farm. The time will seem to pass by much more quickly while you are enjoying some laughs and gaining drops to ultimately sell for some nice gold. Definitely hold on to any "No auction" drops for schools other than your own. You will be that much happier when your other wizard doesn't need to farm for their gear. (Hardly anyone I know doesn't eventually have at least a 2nd wizard.)

Good Luck & Enjoy! ^_^

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
2cool4u928 wrote:
ok i am a lvl 50 ice thaumaturge and i have been trying for two weeks now to get my ice boots and hat and i fight at least a MINIMUM of twenty times a day and i havent gotten anything! i have become very frustrated and idk what to do! i fight snowcrusher for my boots and yeva for my hat! am i doing something wrong? idk! WHAT DO I DO! i just want my stuff :(

I have dueled Yeva Spiderkeeper more than 100 times, and still do not have her Ice hat, OR her Myth hat. It is all luck. I suggest that you get a Storm friend or 2 to come with you, and figure out a strategy to kill the boss as quickly as possible. The faster you win, the more times you can fight a boss in a certain amount of time, and the better your odds are of getting the drop you want.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Well it is luck, but I found that when I ported to a a friend and they were a the end of the battle and there was one round left and i passed, i got a rare drop. I got soulslinger blade first try and the yeva hat (death) I still need my robe though......................Good luck to all of those who are farming for grand robes and other equipment.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
This i the thing, I Got a lot of cards from bosses like Helephant, Heck Hound, And a lot more but all I need is close!

~Jfreezer

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:
Believe it or not, but I have found it easier to get my grandmaster items by using another of my wizards NOT from the school I am trying to get the item for.

i am going to do that with my myth grand - play my balance wiz which is on its way to grand to pick up grand items for my myth and other newer wizards, Fun!

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
19whiterose86 wrote:
Believe it or not, it took me three days of gameplay of non stop hits on boris blackrock to get the ice deck. A grand total of 63 hits before it dropped. I'm praying that Malistair drops his robe sooner than that. Currently I've gone through his lair about 12 times - got the ring, but not the athame or robe yet. It's just pure random luck what drops.

would you believe i got a balance robe while playing my balance wiz the other day! i was so happy i got another level 50 gear that i can use. it wasn't even my quest yet. i guess it really is pure luck! :-) i'm gonna try again tomorrow ;-)

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
DreamWeaver66 wrote:
yeah, luck, and I am a level 32 or 33 (cant remember :P) Death main school and storm secondary, what are the best clothes for me? The clothes I am wearing now give me a resist to everything 13% but I am wondering If there are clothes that would give me death/storm strength boosts and defense bonuses as well? thanks

you know what i did? i bought crown gears. for extra buck - i know it will cost me - but it did a whole lot of difference with my stats. My stats are great - resistance 27% if i remember, its just that i play a little bit lousy and needs improvement lol.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
mantisrane wrote:
You know snowcrusher does drop the ice boots, but for the hat you have to farm yeva spiderkeeper inside of the crystal grove.

The reason it is so hard to get one specific item from some of these bosses is because they drop more than one unique. Like snowcrusher drops 3 unique boots and 2 unique hats. So not only are your chances of getting a unique low, you also have to deal with the fact that it is a 1 in 5 shot of getting the unique you want. You are right, it is very very frustrating trying to get one specific item. The only thing that really helps is if you just decide to spend like a whole day fighting him. Good luck getting those boots. Also good luck on getting that ice deck from boris blackrock. I went through what you are going through trying to get those silly decks.
i got lucky with my "silly deck". as a pyromancer, i required the deck from andor bristleback in the labyrinth. i have had extremely good luck with this boss in particular the first time i fought him i got his sword, then his balance robe which i intend to donate to my balance wizard when he is right lvl, and exists lol. the third time through, when i unlocked the dungeon, i got the deck without realizing that it was the fire grandmaster deck. as for my grandmaster fire robe, well it proved much more difficult then my deck to collect. it took me 3 farming runs to the great spyre and over 1000 crowns, but i finally got it a few days ago. :D :D . i still have not recieved my grand fire hat and boots. . i think you should keep on farming and eventually you will get it. cya in the spiral (if i can log on :d ) .

paul ironflame, level 50 grandmaster pyromancer, savior of the spiral 8)