Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lvl 50 grand master equipment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
ok i am a lvl 50 ice thaumaturge and i have been trying for two weeks now to get my ice boots and hat and i fight at least a MINIMUM of twenty times a day and i havent gotten anything! i have become very frustrated and idk what to do! i fight snowcrusher for my boots and yeva for my hat! am i doing something wrong? idk! WHAT DO I DO! i just want my stuff :(

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Believe it or not, but I have found it easier to get my grandmaster items by using another of my wizards NOT from the school I am trying to get the item for.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
Like SnookumsMcSnook, it's all based on luck. It could take you 1 billion kills to get the item you're looking for. All you have to do is try to have some fun while killing the boss. I've gotten the storm boots from snowcrusher before

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
You know snowcrusher does drop the ice boots, but for the hat you have to farm yeva spiderkeeper inside of the crystal grove.

The reason it is so hard to get one specific item from some of these bosses is because they drop more than one unique. Like snowcrusher drops 3 unique boots and 2 unique hats. So not only are your chances of getting a unique low, you also have to deal with the fact that it is a 1 in 5 shot of getting the unique you want. You are right, it is very very frustrating trying to get one specific item. The only thing that really helps is if you just decide to spend like a whole day fighting him. Good luck getting those boots. Also good luck on getting that ice deck from boris blackrock. I went through what you are going through trying to get those silly decks.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
Believe it or not, but I have found it easier to get my grandmaster items by using another of my wizards NOT from the school I am trying to get the item for.

I have found this to be common as well.

Rarely do my Grands or any of my other wizards, for that matter, get items that they can use, it's most always other wizards that end up with the item in need. I just wish they would make all items tradeable between wizards, there are some items like the fancy low level robes and then there are also those "special" level 50 rings that you get from the new Grandmaster tower that can not be traded and they almost never drop to the correct wizard! Why even have them available if almost no one can ever use it because the wrong wizard keeps ending up with it? And of course the staffs in MB are not tradeable either, which really stinks! Sorry to get off topic there, but; I really wish KI would go back through and make more items tradeable through the shared bank.

Survivor
May 27, 2008
I have a grandmaster thaumaturge too, and ever since some level, oh, say 35, I wanted the Jade Oni ice hat. I accepted everyone's pleads for help on Jade Oni, and after my ice friend had gotten the hat like 10 times, I got ONE. It's pure luck, so unlucky ones like me are really on the deep end. I always seem to get this awesome stuff for other schools lol. Like I got four Malistaire death robes and sold them all, and the next what, week, after I sold them, BANG we can trade them. My poor death character.

Cassandra WillowWhisper-50-Ice
Cassandra DeathWhisper-31-Death

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
2cool4u928 wrote:
ok i am a lvl 50 ice thaumaturge and i have been trying for two weeks now to get my ice boots and hat and i fight at least a MINIMUM of twenty times a day and i havent gotten anything! i have become very frustrated and idk what to do! i fight snowcrusher for my boots and yeva for my hat! am i doing something wrong? idk! WHAT DO I DO! i just want my stuff :(
i know what you should do when you fight the monster that gives the stuff you want fight it long then you are sure to get it

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
matvince90 wrote:
Like SnookumsMcSnook, it's all based on luck. It could take you 1 billion kills to get the item you're looking for. All you have to do is try to have some fun while killing the boss. I've gotten the storm boots from snowcrusher before
storm boots? ya mean galvanic shroud (hat i just like to say the name) :)

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
Iknow it's weird isn't it i am a death grandmaster who was trying to get yeva hat and i winded up getting storm boots so i'm like "all well might as well keep them for when my storm becomes a grandmaster."

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I've been keeping count, so far, here is what I am at:

Robe - Completed - 24 trips to Malistaire
Hat - Completed - 19 trips to Kraysys
Boots - Still Working - 15 fights with Viktor Snowcrusher and counting

Gurtok Ring and Athame were retrieved sometime during the trips to Malisatire.

Deck and Sword - Still Working - 20 trips to the Labyrinth and counting (Zora Steelwielder and Property Master)

BTW, in the course of this, I got every other robe, and 5 pieces of wood.

Wolf Spellslinger
Grandmaster, Balance

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
Believe it or not, it took me three days of gameplay of non stop hits on boris blackrock to get the ice deck. A grand total of 63 hits before it dropped. I'm praying that Malistair drops his robe sooner than that. Currently I've gone through his lair about 12 times - got the ring, but not the athame or robe yet. It's just pure random luck what drops.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
yeah, luck, and I am a level 32 or 33 (cant remember :P) Death main school and storm secondary, what are the best clothes for me? The clothes I am wearing now give me a resist to everything 13% but I am wondering If there are clothes that would give me death/storm strength boosts and defense bonuses as well? thanks

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I've got a suggestion for KI.

Keep track of the number of times that a character fights a mob with a unique drop (like Malistaire). If that count goes over 10, add an increased percentage for the special drop related to that character (such as the class robe). For every 10 fights, add an additional percentage increase so that once a certain amount of fights is reached, it is guaranteed to give you the special drop. Once the drop is done, the counter resets.

I would suggest the maximum number of fights be some number like 30, and publicize that number, so that we know the worst case scenario for the number of fights we'll have to do.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
had the same problem was getting every thing but the stuff i could us . it came to my attention i was getting a lot of balance gear for lvl 50 so i made a balance wizard to get the fire stuff i need and it world good got it all 1 try

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Whew. glad I am not the only facing this challenge! I have battled Kraysys at least 20 times in the past 3 days, and have received everything he drops except the Life hat. I even thought soloing it, I would have a better chance, but that battle resulted in a really nice balance ring and spider silk. Yay? I guess it's just probability and luck. You'll see me outside his lair, sorting treasure cards and muttering to myself Erin Dawn Weaver, Grand Master Life

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I just turned to level 50 and I have been working all day fighting (like 8 hours) and did not receive one XP point, when according to the quest log I should of received like 8,000. Any idea what is going on there?

Administrator
You answered your own question, young Wizard.
Level 50 is the level cap, once you reach level 50 you no longer gain experience from quests or duels.

weathermonster wrote:
I just turned to level 50 and I have been working all day fighting (like 8 hours) and did not receive one XP point, when according to the quest log I should of received like 8,000. Any idea what is going on there?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 21, 2009
dude i am a lvl fifty pyromancer and i cant fnd any boots or rings
i need more health does anyone know were i can get some strong items thank you plz colin shadow flame out 8)
i will also want to trade any grand items add me plz

Survivor
May 16, 2009
i have beeen trying for a week straight to try to get my death athame from ivan soulslinger and still have got it. i have fought him at least 50 times a day. is there an easier way to get the gear. i got boots from kraysys on first try (for death). :)

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I have tryed about 5 times to get my hat from yeva. that is because i just got to grand and started farming. I got a blance mallistaire robe on my first try but on my second i got my death robe and i didnt know that it was actually possible to get the robe you need on your second try and also i got my gurtok athame on my first try

Explorer
May 22, 2009
I one time sent in a problem report for an issue similar to this (not getting Ivan's sword) because I had spent a week with 30+ battles a day, not getting it. On about the 8'th night, i got it. But back on track, the wiz team said that you are not entitled to ever getting the item. Now, that is a bit extreme that you would never get it, but if you go 200 times, you could NOT get it. I know that is kinda the rain for you parade, but that is actually the truth. Also, something to know so you don't annoy friends, killing with the type of the item does NOT help. Also, different type does NOT help either, so don't make a big deal of it. Alright, want some help? JUst keep battling, get a storm speed farmer (they're not to hard to find, just tell a storm guy to center his deck around wild bolt) and have fun farming! Good luck!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have always gotten my best items when helping someone.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Actually I got the grand fire hat fromuh whats it well i cant remember that but anyway i got it when i was 45 so ya i guess you can consider it luck so anyway thats all i go to say.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Preacher7719 wrote:

Me too! O:

At first I thought that I was just imagining things, but on my ice a storm I kept on getting myth drops. On my myth, I keep on getting storm drops. ITS SO WEIRD! xD