Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The word, "Noob"

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
There so many way to get around the filter that i dont even think its worth the trouble of banning the word noobs

Daniel ThunderFlame 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
i could not have said in any better Rihanna12 don't say words that you don't know

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
I'm sure you walk around hearing people saying the word, noob, I hate that word. Did you know: That some people think noobs are dumb people. It's a common misunderstanding. I don't think people should make fun of people at most level 12, because they were one at one point, even I was one (so cute when I was just a little apprentice theurgist), so I think the text chat should block the word, noob, because it's not correctly used, and I don't like it all!

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theugist level 50

People who call you a noob are the real noob. They think there so cool just because there 1 lvl higher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I think when people call someone else 'noob' they are just trying to sound cool or tough or something like that when really they are just impressed or jealous but they don't wanna show it.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
I have heard that word so many times especially in DS from grandmasters because they get riled up when the "noob" in the group ruins the spell then the GM starts cussing at the "noob" for ruining the big attack.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
There so many way to get around the filter that i dont even think its worth the trouble of banning the word noobs

Daniel ThunderFlame 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Well, I don't think it would take much effort just to block one word, from my personal experiences, it SHOULD be banned for good. While I was farming away, this grandmaster called me a noob, I got annoyed at first, but got over it. After the farming I got bored, so I went to the arena and joined a duel. Then again there he was, he started calling me "NOOB, NOOB HER, you NOOB!" And in the end my team won because of the storm lord I summoned. His chit chatter died down.

Sincerely, Sophia DayDreamer-Level 50 Storm GrandMaster

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
noob... just that word ticks me off. i hate that word its used in the wrong way the guys or gals who say it are just weird. noob should be taken off and people say say bad words in their own way. send people that work for w101 and see if you can find people who say those words and delete them just like noob :? people need to learn!

Blake MoonBreath
level 34 ice magus

ignore the last name :| but i love my first name 8)

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
if noob and NO O Be get banned there still are many ways to say it like NOt O Book ect any way people say that cause they feel like what no fair! he cheated he used treasures ! he chained bolted ect that happens in pvp but not in pvp it means loser, stupid, ugly, pathetic, and you are the worst person i have ever seen. when it is supposed to mean Newb- a beginner on a online game that wishes to learn more.
NOOB-a beginner that wants to be the best but refuses to learn and lies saying i am the best i have a grand ect.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
when people do stuff like that i try to be patient but after five minutes of me saying even one thing i grow impatient and report them this system works very well i find andmost people get taught a veryn good lesson

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
but noob only Means you are starting the game those it matter just say ok? I am a noob and they just don't care anymore

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
schooling1 wrote:
if noob and NO O Be get banned there still are many ways to say it like NOt O Book ect any way people say that cause they feel like what no fair! he cheated he used treasures ! he chained bolted ect that happens in pvp but not in pvp it means loser, stupid, ugly, pathetic, and you are the worst person i have ever seen. when it is supposed to mean Newb- a beginner on a online game that wishes to learn more.
NOOB-a beginner that wants to be the best but refuses to learn and lies saying i am the best i have a grand ect.

Thank you! someone finally got the meanings right.
Most ppl need to find out the meaning of words before they ues them!
So ppl should look up the meaning of "noob" and "newb" before using them.
And if you get called a "noob" who cares get over it a enjoy the game it's a wast of time to worry about it,and if it bother's you being called a "noob" then don't go out in the real world because you will not make it out there if you can't take a few bumps and bruses.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
i agree with everyone who says no more word " noob " because grands call me a noob and it is very insulting, and besides, most new people HAVE grands now, well most of them, there are a few exceptions, like me, and the world would be better if grands would quit calling everyone noobs, and especially the legendaries out there shouldn't

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
People outside of pvp call me noob. And they are because I am almost level 54!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
fourmyant wrote:
People outside of pvp call me noob. And they are because I am almost level 54!

Yeah, I'm talking about anywhere. Not just PvP.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
darksky110 wrote:
but noob only Means you are starting the game those it matter just say ok? I am a noob and they just don't care anymore

Newbie - New person
Noob - Annoying new person

I did know what I was saying other person who said don't say things I don't know.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
in Pvp a level nine called me a noob like ten times

I am level 51 so What now

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
i played many other online games when i took a break from wiz101. on one of the games a bunch of people come up to me and start calling me a Noob! but for the people with OPEN CHAT they can use 0's and not o's.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
i totally agree with you its very mean ... but the people saying dont know that they were onece one :( but here is TRUE story: I was wandering around the commons when i hear the word noob i walk up to the person who said it and i ask why did you say that? and he says cause that guy right there is actually one and i was like look at my lvl look at yours he was lower then me and i said you should remember you were a noob when you started to play trhis game he got really mad at me ( i did not care haha )

Survivor
Nov 15, 2008
The word noob should be baned because it hurts youg wizards feelings. I give the word noob a Shelby, Magus Thurigs

Survivor
May 13, 2010
Noob should NEVER be let in to PVP. If you beat a warlord they make it there job to call you a noob till you leave. Cause they are just miserable cause they lost to a lower rank. They call you noobs when you WON and I never did understand how that works. In other places people just get mad and call people noobs which i'm a little better about. But noob should be banned from the pvp arena.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
Now i have read a lot of the coments and i want to say something about it. I was called a "noob" in WC to witch i replyed that it is "noobcity". Both of my kids play this game and reply that "Noobs are awesome". So, it hurt me when i was called a noob in DS, because i did belong there, but if you keep doing stuff that hinders gameplay, because you dont know how to play you deserve to be called a "Noob". I think that word has been used to much but you should just laugh it off. You know if you are or are not a "noob" and if you are a "true noob" and you should ask for pointers. Just dont think you gonna lvl up faster by going in to battles you are not ready for. Than i might call you a noob too. So, it does not hurt my kids and it wont hurt me no more, I have 5 lvl 50 and higher and one day i will have a balance wiz and i am sure i will be called a noob again. Some people are just inmature.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
the word noob got me a friend in pvp it was when i was level 9 and he was level eleven i was losing badly when i healed and he said you noooooooooooob!
he ran out of cards and was very embaressed (spelt it wrong) well he stood in silence for few seconds then apologised and said how good i was in fact we go on 2v2 together now :D

connor darkblood adept thergist level 29

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
well the noob word is really use wrong, newb is the word for new players.
noob,is someone who dont know how to play knows how to play but thinks he/she know everything about the game,this is one of the many negative meanings of the word noob. look up the word noob and newb and see what the meaning really is.

people use noob as a insult just to get to you,dont let them,after all look at who is calling you a noob most likey they are the noob.

Dakota stormgrand.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
Since this forum has been degraded to whiney, sniveling, crying, children who think their ridiculous complaints matter, this is what I think:
I agree with those who say "get over it" when it comes to the whining about people being rude. If you don't like it, you probably are a noob/newb, and STILL need to get over it. Welcome to the internet :)