Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Isnt Ice Cheated Enough?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
The increase in the number of monsters impervious or immune to stun is growing. Come on KI, isn't Ice cheated enough, do you have to kill this part of their arsenal also?

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
MordanTheGreat wrote:
The increase in the number of monsters impervious or immune to stun is growing. Come on KI, isn't Ice cheated enough, do you have to kill this part of their arsenal also?

Yea KI my ice person whenever they use a stun after it's stunned they get an absorb one stun shield which is completely crazy I mean ice already has low attack and now this disadvantage in battle yes i know lots of health and defense blah blah blah but this is a key part of ice, the stunning and now in 1 on 1 battles I only use stun once since i don't wanna waste a stun to get rid of shield so please do something about this.

-Julia Iceshard Ice Wizard lvl 10 (I think maybe it 12 idk)

Defender
May 08, 2009
groxy wrote:
MordanTheGreat wrote:

Yea KI my ice person whenever they use a stun after it's stunned they get an absorb one stun shield which is completely crazy I mean ice already has low attack and now this disadvantage in battle yes i know lots of health and defense blah blah blah but this is a key part of ice, the stunning and now in 1 on 1 battles I only use stun once since i don't wanna waste a stun to get rid of shield so please do something about this.

-Julia Iceshard Ice Wizard lvl 10 (I think maybe it 12 idk)

This is less about stun shield and more about the fact that stunning has almost no effect on monsters. 8)

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I SO AGREE! I am a level 29 ice student named Charles Frostshield. I dont even use stun spells because so many enemies are immune to it now! I dont even have a stun spell in my deck anymore. Yeah, i love my defence and high HP, but still! I want my stunning power back!

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
I am glad they have the stun shield because in duel usually people will chainstun and chainstun while you are stunned they attack and attack.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
I agree, my first character was a Thaumaturge and after getting to level 27 I reealised that Ice was quite nerfed damage and affect wise in a relative standpoint to other classes minus the Ice Armor and Tower shield, but the latter can easily be fixed in numerous ways. I mean my Ice character had to constantly keep its armor up to compete with other Schools damage "Aka Fire and Lightning" and I would eventually be overcame in the end.

So, I decided to remedy the situation by creating a new wizard in the school of Myth and I must admit that it is a much stronger and has better overall abilities than Ice no offence. It has damage that is Above average with a mid-ground accuracy, and can summon strong minions. I don't know but I believe that Ice needs a bit more bang for it's buck seeing as even the life school exceeds it in strength, I mean a higher Health boost is great and all but it doesn't suffice for the excessive damage your opponents will deal to you in relative time.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
You know, ice can be an awesome school if you work it right. I agree about the stuns being useless, but as a level 43 thaumaturge I think that overall ice is an extremely beneficial school. We have a lot more health than anyone else from an extremely early level. I acknowledge that ice attacks by themselves are weak, but I worked out a strategy to fix that. My secondary school is life, so after I got Satyr I quit Life and spent my training points on the elemental blade and trap (available from Niles the balance tree). Those two boosts in addition to Iceblade (available from quest level 39), Ice Trap and Balefrost (big bubble) enable my Colossus to hit over 2500 damage every time....not bad at all.
Hope this helps!
Rebecca Roseblossom level 43 thaumaturge

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
No, Ice has not been Cheated at all, you have been given the best defense in the game, and annoying tower shields and ice armor, you are not meant to attack, you are meant to use Frost Giant and give us, the offensives defense.

Know Your Role.

And who cares about Stun Block, it'll stop you guys from chainstunning in PvP. I like that.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
This is not about Ice being a bad school. All schools have strengths and weaknesses. In fact, my Ice gals rip through many a monster on most occasions and are quite powerful. This is about returning the helpful stunning effects to Ice's arsenal of spells.

Now my secondary question: since as a Grand Master I have beat Malistaire, the Bird Dudes and other various monsters with this immunity, why am I not powerful enough to be immune to such spells. Somehow this boss immunity seems a bit unrealistic in the scheme of things. Of course, the incessant use of "where in the worlds did that monster get that spell/treasure card" goes along the same lines. I am still waiting for the mutate storm shark card to show up as a drop, in the bazaar or library with the regularity that it is being used against me.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
I don't think it is Ice being cheated , as much as it is Every other school that is being cheated.

You get good spells if you are Ice only. You only get weak attacks and tower shield if you are from another school. The only reason I hear of anyone taking Ice as a secondary school is for tower shield. Not that really cool snowman or ice serpent.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I'm not sure you understand what stun is used for. Stun is there not so that you can keep stunning until you get enough pips to use a decent spell. It's there so that you have a chance to gain another needed pip for a spell you want to cast.

Let's say you have 5 pips. You need 1 more pip to cast Colossus right? So, you stun a monster so that it doesn't attack you. Next round, you now have 6 pips, and you can attack!

As far as I know, the only monsters that cannot be stunned are "Boss" monsters. I've never had any other problems stunning anyone else. You also have to make sure that the monster you are trying to stun does not have a stun shield on. Using any stun attack. like Storm Lord, Frost Giant, Freeze, Blinding light, and so forth, all stun a target for 1 round, but it also gives the target a stun shield.

In conclusion, if executed properly, stun can be a very powerful spell, for both you and your allies. Just think in advance before casting it, and don't waste it at the beginning of a battle. Chances are that you're not going to get attack at the beginning, unless you're still in Wizard City.