Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increase incentive for family accounts.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
I pay for five accounts. yes, I love my family :)
While I appreciate the discount, I would like to see one more little thing added to family accounts:

Family Bank.

This would be a shared bank that is accessible to any character on an account linked to your family account.

This would allow parents (and uncles) like me to help the kids out. I have a full set of crown-bought armor that I've outgrown and would love to use it on another account that I pay for - namely, my daughter's account. The way I see it is that they are all MY accounts because I pay for them - so any "property" I have should be able to be moved between them the same way I can park my car in any garage I own.

This would also lessen the financial burden on the payer. I can't really go buy my daughter $20 worth of armor without doing the same for my nephew. BUT, if I could give one of them a suit I've already paid for, then I only have to buy 1 more suit.

Further, it would increase revenue. I know it doesn't seem like it, but basic sociology says it will. It goes like this: "well, i'm not going to buy that armor because later in the game i can get something better for free and all that $ would be wasted". That's the reality now. BUT, if you do what i suggest, you'll have this: "buying armor is a good investment because when i'm done with it, i can pass it down to my kids". See? You know I'm right. Talk to your sales department - they'll tell you.

Last, this will support the "family" part of your "family game atmosphere" you're trying to keep hold of. How much more "family" does it get than being able to share?

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Well going back to your reference of " Reinforcing the Family aspect of the game " Then I have this to follow up with. I don't know how you are as a parent ( and I would never try to tell you how either as a dad myself) but don't most of us try and teach our children that to get something you must earn it? I know you could tell him that if you do your homework or get a B in math that I will give you the armor but you could also use this opportunity to say something like " If you do ( ) chores and get ( ) homework done then I will give you ( ) in allowance and if you would prefer it in crowns I can do that too. I totally agree with you about making more money on the business side of things but these guys at KI could do a lot of things different if money was the only motivation factor behind their work. The reason they don't execute these ideas is because the ultimate goal I believe for them is to remain credible as a family oriented game.

Delver
May 04, 2009
phantombeck wrote:
I pay for five accounts. yes, I love my family :)
While I appreciate the discount, I would like to see one more little thing added to family accounts:

Family Bank.

This would be a shared bank that is accessible to any character on an account linked to your family account.

This would allow parents (and uncles) like me to help the kids out. I have a full set of crown-bought armor that I've outgrown and would love to use it on another account that I pay for - namely, my daughter's account. The way I see it is that they are all MY accounts because I pay for them - so any "property" I have should be able to be moved between them the same way I can park my car in any garage I own.

This would also lessen the financial burden on the payer. I can't really go buy my daughter $20 worth of armor without doing the same for my nephew. BUT, if I could give one of them a suit I've already paid for, then I only have to buy 1 more suit.

Further, it would increase revenue. I know it doesn't seem like it, but basic sociology says it will. It goes like this: "well, i'm not going to buy that armor because later in the game i can get something better for free and all that $ would be wasted". That's the reality now. BUT, if you do what i suggest, you'll have this: "buying armor is a good investment because when i'm done with it, i can pass it down to my kids". See? You know I'm right. Talk to your sales department - they'll tell you.

Last, this will support the "family" part of your "family game atmosphere" you're trying to keep hold of. How much more "family" does it get than being able to share?

Oh, if you only knew how many people out there agree with you. There have been so many requests put out on different threads, if KI put them all together you'd be surprised how many there were. LOTS of them!

I hope KI is considering this.

Note to Phantombeck: did you really post this note at 3:33 in the morning?

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
mshewmake2000 wrote:
Well going back to your reference of " Reinforcing the Family aspect of the game " Then I have this to follow up with. I don't know how you are as a parent ( and I would never try to tell you how either as a dad myself) but don't most of us try and teach our children that to get something you must earn it? I know you could tell him that if you do your homework or get a B in math that I will give you the armor but you could also use this opportunity to say something like " If you do ( ) chores and get ( ) homework done then I will give you ( ) in allowance and if you would prefer it in crowns I can do that too. I totally agree with you about making more money on the business side of things but these guys at KI could do a lot of things different if money was the only motivation factor behind their work. The reason they don't execute these ideas is because the ultimate goal I believe for them is to remain credible as a family oriented game.

I already do alot of that. She brought home all A's and got a mount. If she has all A's at the end of the year, she'll get the house of her choice (already has a beginner house, but she's diggin the myth house). I can only play the incentive game so much - the simple fact is that she needs the armor to progress more easily... I bought the armor and I should be able to "gift" it to her. Maybe even put a limit on how often it can be gifted. Or even make me buy a "gift token" for like 100 crowns. Something...

Not to get into parenting strategies, but she does chores because she lives in my house. There's no allowance or reward for that.