Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

BAD BUG!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2009
For some time now I've been meaning to post this but I just never really got around to it. There has been a bug that has been really driving me nuts. Basically any spell that hits all enemies (i.e: sandstorm, tempest, meteor, blizzard, etc) fail to activate if the targeted monster for the spell has been previously killed in some form by an ally or damage over time move.

Ex: 2v2: your team has the second turn and you yourself are second in attacking. one enemy has 100 life left the other 2000 left. your ally uses a weak spell like leprechaun to kill the person with 100 life left, but that same turn you targeted the player with 100 life left with a meteor spell. in this instance your meteor spell does NOT activate and you lose 4 pips! I mean come on! this bug just has to be fixed. (maybe this could be fixed by making these certain spells target all opponent rather than just one of them)

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Well, once i found (i think) a bug. (not the same one) Professor Greyrose told me to go to Help and support, contact us and then click report a bug. Hope i helped!

A.S.D

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I agree! Being storm, this is especially frustrating when you use a fully powered tempest on someone who dies, and all 14 pips are wasted for nothing.
For now, though, you and your teammates need to be careful about who you're attacking and who is the most logical person to target is.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
This is working as intended and has always been this way. you just may not have noticed.

Always target the monster with the highest life with your AoE.