Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

December pets :D

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 17, 2008
Yay, the December pets are finally in! I do plan on buying one of the gift cards for these pets, but I was wondering what each of them offered. I know that they all give Dragonblade, which is amazing, especially for my Balance wizard :D. I was wondering as to what else they offered, like +60 mana, +5% resist, +1% PowerPip? Does anyone know?

Administrator
I can answer that!

I'm glad you like the rare DragonBlade card, it's very powerful since it stacks with your other blades.

The holiday pets only offer the DragonBlade card, because it is so powerful we didn't add any other boosts such as Health or Pips.

Have fun!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Defender
Dec 17, 2008
What!? Only the Dragonblade card!!! Well, I'm not going to be buying a pet then, that's not worth it. I guess I'll just wait until February :(

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Alph11 wrote:
what is dragon blade ?
A Balance spell, 0-pip, gives a +30% damage blade for you to use with any damage spell (and I also found out workds with steal health).

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Alph11 wrote:
what is dragon blade ?
A Balance spell, 0-pip, gives a +30% damage blade for you to use with any damage spell (and I also found out workds with steal health).

Thank you! I came here looking to find out what the dragon blade did. It would be nice for KI to give a picture or stats of the actual card for these nontraditional card pets.

matvince90 wrote:
What!? Only the Dragonblade card!!! Well, I'm not going to be buying a pet then, that's not worth it. I guess I'll just wait until February

I have to agree, previous offerings were much better (hint hint, and please bring back the defender pig for an offering for those that missed it). Also, the $10 cards offer exactly the same card as the $20 cards. Where is the draw for that offer?

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
I am very disappointed with these dragon blade cards. Origionally the website had posted that, in December, you could get a firezilla pet with the firezilla card. So, thinking my fiance would find this cool, bought one. Now, you go and change it without warning and I can not return the gift card to BestBuy without receiving "store credit." In short, I fell cheated.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
i am planning on getting one my self, but i have a question does dragon blade work with balance blade can someone tell me i would be thankful. :D

Administrator
Dragonblade does in fact stack with your other blades.

sponge365 wrote:
i am planning on getting one my self, but i have a question does dragon blade work with balance blade can someone tell me i would be thankful. :D

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
I can answer that!

I'm glad you like the rare DragonBlade card, it's very powerful since it stacks with your other blades.

The holiday pets only offer the DragonBlade card, because it is so powerful we didn't add any other boosts such as Health or Pips.

Have fun!

This card is only powerful when used by a powergamer. My 8 year old son would think this card is boring. And there is no alternative for at least 2 full months.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
samuelcameron wrote:

This card is only powerful when used by a powergamer. My 8 year old son would think this card is boring. And there is no alternative for at least 2 full months.

I think the card is good, but I don't like the fact that ALL of the pets come with only this spell, and no other stat enhancements. I think that they should be able to choose whether your pet has a dragonblade card, or if it comes with a different card and an enhancement.

Honestly though, I think that KingsIsle has failed in this so called gift. So many people are unhappy with it.