Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2014
Survivor
Jul 17, 2014
I think that the best class is considering how much (not Love Its Health) you get early on and how much damage you soak up and your a tank
The worst is sure you might be able to kick up LOTS and LOTS of Power (Damage) but your is really tiny but once you get 1000 its not so bad
Lets you drain your opponents and give to yourself so you can regenerate AND damage in one turn it really does save time
It basically the most overpowered thing ever you know why? cause kingsisle never invented the shield so you will need a shield that blocks out every class to block so it's no bad also you get Blades and the ability to deal 3 pieces of damage at a time
Is quite powerful actually but it does take some time to deal out the overtime damage and it destroys ice too
so not the worst not the best
Lets you heal others and yourself but you also get a bonus incoming so its not too useful by yourself but still you heal alot which is good but takes some time
Isn't the best class to start with but once you get minions and earthquake and medusa you can pretty much go solo and wreck bosses

And I think thats it

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Well, in my opinion, I think that maybe a Life student with a background of Storm would be the best, because you have the heals of Life and the attacks of storm. EASY! :D Hope I helped

-Cheyenne StormHunter Lvl 71

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
i think it would be death because you can regain health with scarecrow or vampire those will be very helpful and other spells such as bad juju and bone dragon or posion that is why i think death would be a very good class for a solo

Survivor
Sep 19, 2013
Death is probably the best (in my opinion).
I have a level 59 necromancer with fire as the secondary school, and I'm doing Vestrilund and The Floating Land right now. I solo pretty much everything and while I've died a couple times with various storm or ice bosses starting around Dragonspyre, I've been able to go back and defeat them alone fairly soon after. So I get on pretty well.

I've found that as early on as Krokotopia, life wizards are hard to solo with, and storm wizards fizzle too often for me to have much success. Haven't gotten far enough with any other schools to tell about them though.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2014
Headmaster Ambrose on Aug 20, 2008 wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

We'll Ambrose is a developer so I think he knows what he's talking about. Myth is pretty good because you can summon minions... Death will get you pretty far and helps you fight and heal at the same time but when you meet death bosses your in trouble even with a prism. I say myth or death.

Emily Deathdust

Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Survivor
Jan 09, 2013
all of them are good BUT MYTH almost 95% of the games villans are myth and the resist are bad so ill say chose life with storm

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
there isn't really any class best to solo with because it depends on if you know how to use your school.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
I think you should chose balance or myth cause myth minions and balance is basicly element good luck chosing

Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
I would do a / Combo because you could heal very easily

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
Death is amazing to solo the game with but I say the best is actual fire for multiple reasons.
1; Second strongest school
2; Good stats by self and in gear all around
3; lots of power ups
4; lots of different attacks including healing attack (link & power link), multiattacks (meteor, Dragon, Rain of fire)
and O.P. attacks (efreet)
5; After burns allow you to heal yourself while still attacking the enemy
6; Winterbane... 2/3 enemies are ice so it's easy to go from 51 to 59 and then you can just zoom through Celestia with Efreet and by the time you're at Trail of Spheres you have Rain of Fire which does 300 + 800 over three turns. A crit. with that and two blades does nearly 1,000 damage first attack and every single after burn... to each enemy.
I'm level 71 and I've only needed help with the hardest dungeon that I've barely seen anyone do solo.
^that counts as a number 7
try thinking of 7 reason why death is good for soloing
The Wolf

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
ice. definently ice.
- nobody can extinguish the blaze!

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
like e have 'test' and 'homework' when we talk to our teachers for quest but then we don't even have to go to our school so I think e should have classes like mini games that look like the spells they cast on in battles so should learn spells

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
I say the school of paired up with a second or third school I recommend having for its power and for its healing when choosing the accompanying schools. Hope this helps!

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
Life is pretty easy to solo with but at the hard bosses bring some friends

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Headmaster Ambrose on Aug 20, 2008 wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

Oh yeah! I haven't thought of that! Myth is really good at soloing, especially with the minions!

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
I think that all schools are great! I I think though, the top 3 are: Ice ( you have high health and a bunch of tower shields! ), Life ( i am life actually, life is actually AMAZING at soloing. I just finished yesterday soloing the ghost of sylvia drake! of course it took quite some times. :/ she was life of course and it took about 30 or something mins to get rid of her but still it's important you defeat), Myth ( as Headmaster Ambrose commented, myth is actually great at soloing! they can summon a bunch of minions, and stun! They can also take away shields)! Hope that helped! Remember just my opinion, all schools are great!

Katie Watergem
level 44 ( working on dragons pyre academy )

Survivor
Nov 24, 2009
For me balance has been pretty good going solo i mean i ONLY ask for help when it's critical

Survivor
Nov 24, 2009
Also I'm Grand Master when i posted this, and I'm doing great solo so far.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2009
Also to what THEHAPPEYWHELLS said for life i don't life it that much because you don't get that many attack spells with that school until you're a higher level and the attacks with low level life wizards are kinda weak.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
If you want my opinion, its balance.

Some people may say its overpowered or underpowered but i think its both and more.

It has good heals and critical hit rates, not to mention an endless supply of blades and shields which is useful for all types of situations like helping with friends and soloing.

If you compare the balance spells with other schools you get one heck of a spell at level 26 which is great so early in the game, also, chimera and hydra may seem quite small hit spells but the total for hydra is 570 and the total for hydra is 1020, not so small now!

This school doesn't need a prism because if you have spells which are made up of other schools why would you?

I have soloed most dungeons and bosses and am in the middle of Avalon right now.

Balance is a very flexible school, as it could be a one hit or multiple hit kill, depending on what type of person you are. I don't understand why people criticize this school. Is it because it is too good to be true?

I don't know about death, myth or storm but balance has worked perfect for me.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I love the death school and it is very easy to solo with them.. I also love the balance school, because of the heals, blades and traps.. My main right now is a balance death gal and it's really fun.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I have pretty much Solo'd this game since I began... I am a level 73 Storm and wouldn't have it any other way.. I have no complaints on Storm other than in your early stages you fizzle A LOT.. But level up, get the right gear and bring your Stats up and you are a tank...