Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
The best class to solo with? Hmm fire mainly. Death and myth too but fire mainly. It's powers are far unbelievable and with a few heals( I'd save training points for satyr) it's the best for soloing.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2013
Well i would say storm is a strug in the beginning but as you go threw the lvls the boss battles get very easy and the kill and collect quest take 2 turns or less. I'm in Celestia right and it is very easy the most difficult thing i had to do was the waterworks which is not soloable at the lvl you are given the quest. I would also have to say that myth is great also being able to summon minions and get through shields. so i hope this helps

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
i'd probably say Life, Death, or Balance. Life does healing spells and some attack spells, Death can do damage while healing yourself a little, while Balance has two spells so far that is a combo of 3 elements and balance has good accuracy and healing and attack spells.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
There is no class you can solo the whole game with. If you're storm, you will find a storm boss. Same thing with every other class, although I haven't enquotured -sorry for the misspell- that many life bosses. I'm wondering why

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
JessicaFrostGem on Oct 22, 2014 wrote:
There is no class you can solo the whole game with. If you're storm, you will find a storm boss. Same thing with every other class, although I haven't enquotured -sorry for the misspell- that many life bosses. I'm wondering why
Fighting a boss of ones own school is one of the easiest things actually.

Defender
May 17, 2014
It just isn't good,okay? The defense is high,but health and attack are rather low.
Balance is actually ok,but the attack is pretty useless plus I think balance has boost on no mosters.
Life is mostly for healing,so questing with a storm or fire would make you a fast lvlupper.But alone,no.
Even though most people say it's great,you will probably die a lot.Storm is not made for a first wizard.Third or fourth,you know,when you know the game and you can quickly kill the monster before it kills YOU.
Fire is pretty much the same as storm,except more health.
Myth is actually really good for soloing.You have minions which act as a second player,the attack is good,so is defense and health.
Death.Why is it the best?
First of all,attack.The strenght is pretty good,better then life,ice and balance (same as Myth) BUUT it also has "special attacks".Yep,these are the draining spells.Basicly,you attack a target,and get half of the damage back in health.How awesome is that!It's like being myth but also having a life wizard by your side.
Then, health.he health is actually pretty good,better then fire and storm (maybe myth).
Defense,meeeeh.It's ok I guess.Defense isn't death's strongest side.

HINT: If you choose death,choose ice as secondary.Tower shield is all you need in the game since the defense in Death isn't very good.

Good luck!

Defender
May 17, 2014
Forgot to mention, if this is your first wizard just find a friend to help you,then on your second solo it ;)

Survivor
Aug 23, 2014
is almost impossible to solo but I will give you a suggestion balance can boost up attacks it as a lot of spells that lower their enemys(sorry I said it wrong it can cast spells that block or weaken the attack that the enemy uses) life can heal but the attacks are not that good but I like the life spells but I highly suggest storm+life storms attack are strong but low accuracy so I recommend you second school should be life storms health is low so you need couple of spells that can heal you.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
I would say fire as your primary school and death as your secondary because with the fire you get pretty good attack but the hard part is facing fire bosses but if you also have death spells you won't waste a turn healing and still have all the power you need to win

Survivor
Sep 04, 2014
underdog86 on Sep 24, 2008 wrote:
I have tried every school so far and the best one in my opion is definately balance. I have soloed all the way to marleybone and still kicking butts and taking names. There are those monsters that are somewhat harder to kill but that happens in every class, but there is a very handy spell called Judgement that takes care of that has 85% chance to hit and does 100 damage for every pip that you have. All you have to do is get the right deck put a couple power boosters in there a couple healing spells and max copies of judgement along with some other damage spells for back-up and your pretty much set just sit back and let your pips build up and there you go.
I would tend to agree with this. As a storm Wizard I used balance on my first storm wizard and found
balance was crucial in dungeons for its diverse trap and blade spells which even in a non=solo situation
is awesome in dungeons where soloing isn't possible if you are lower level wizards. But I found that
other than death or life schools storm also has an advantage in soloing the game if it uses balance
or life as a secondary class to compliment it because they can multi-shot the henchmen monsters and
one shot kill the bosses but, for pvp balance is best for storm as a secondary but if you want to
focus on dungeons more I find a storm wizard at lvl 30 can solo epic winterbane & pogoda and etc
with life as a good secondary and just storm or tc boosters will do with healing spells from life school.
So to me it depends on who you master your deck and balance your wizard with another school
and some trade cards. But balance is the key to solo this game even if you are not a balance wizard.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
death is great because you start and end with powerful spells and you don't need to rely on other people for health because you can heal yourself a bit. Other than death I think balance is a great school to solo

sabrina winterbladeice level 23

Survivor
Jan 28, 2014
After the Malistaire arc, there really is no good class to solo the game with because a lot of bosses cheat after that and it makes it nearly impossible to complete worlds by yourself unless you are a master of strategy or have enough crowns to throw around on henchmen but, if you're only planning to go as far in your solo career as the Malistaire arc in-game, I'd recommend ice/life or death/balance. I made a huge mistake of choosing to stick with storm as my secondary class on my death wizard and now all I can do is hope I can earn back my training points and go into a different school like ice or balance or life.

My complaining about my poor choices in secondary schools aside, I'd say Ice/Life and Death/Balance are the best primary/secondary school combos you could go with in your solo-ing career. Good luck.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2013
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
I would recommend life,it hits nicely and you can heal your self repeatedly.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Death and life would be pretty easy to solo the game with. Death's drains and life's heals are really important. Myth's minions would also be extremely useful in solo boss fights/dungeon runs. Storm, fire, and ice would be really hard to solo with. Storm has virtually no health even with a high damage rate, fire has low health and only decent damage, and ice gets pretty useless with stun immunes later on although it's such a tanky class.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2013
Since soloing the whole game is nigh impossible unless you spend lots of money on gear, pets, and henchmen, I'd say to just pair up with someone. However, some good mixes for soloing would be this:

Ice/Storm - Ice has high defenses and the most health, with the weakest attacks. Storm has the strongest attacks, and with the health you can afford to fizzle a few times. However, you will come across many ice or storm mobs or bosses.
Death/Anything/Life - Death paired with anything but ice will be good, especially balance or storm. You will also want life until Satyr, so you have some full heals. Strategy also plays a big role on this, so plan ahead before you pick.
Storm/Life - Storm has the most fizzling and lowest health, but the highest attacks. Paired with life to heal yourself, and if you're willing to die a few times, this can prove to be a strong mix.
Myth/Balance - With Myth you can summon minions, with ok attacks and ok accuracy. If you use Balance as well, you can improve your attack's power while your minions take damage and slowly damage enemies.
There's more, but just a warning: never, ever, use ice as a secondary past tower shield. You will get weak attacks and no health change. Death until feint, life until Satyr, and ice until tower shield is fine.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2013
I personally think that Death is the easiest school to solo with. I have made her to about halfway through Mushu, and so far, it's going GREAT! Much, much better then my Balance wizard, who's in Celestia. I have ranked the schools from in my opinion, the best to worst for soloing.

Death. Death Wizards have spells that do damage to the enemy, and heal you at the same time. Death Wizard's attacks are really bad at the beginning, but they get much better as you progress. Their attacks will always stay weak, but most of them give you health, so they're pretty powerful. They can also get through absorbs.

Ice. Ice Wizards have lots of health. They are great at surviving. Their attacks however are really bad. They also have medium accuracy and the best defiance. The reason why Ice is a pretty good soloing school is because they have good health and lots of defense, which enables them to attack over and over again without dying.

Fire. Fire Wizards have somewhat low health, and somewhat low accuracy. For me, I need a lot of health, so Fire was very annoying, but actually not that bad! I just blade up, let my DoT (Damage over time) hurt them, and then I heal!

Life. Life Wizards have fairly good attacks, but not many of them. Life also has really good accuracy. Life Wizards are kind of good at soloing, just you need some time to practice.

Storm. In my opinion, Storm Wizards are really bad at soloing. Again, I don't want to offend Diviners who like Storm. This is just my opinion. For me, I just end up fizzling. Then I go to heal, but I'm already dead.

Myth. Myth Wizards summon lots of minions to help them fight. The minions are really good, but the downside to the minions is that they mess up your strategies, and use up your traps. On top of that, Myth doesn't have very good health either.

Balance. Balance Wizards have weak attacks, great health, hight accuracy, and too many buffs. I just find that all the buffs just get in my way when I'm fighting.

Again, that's what I think.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
Stephanie Starblos... on Nov 12, 2014 wrote:
I personally think that Death is the easiest school to solo with. I have made her to about halfway through Mushu, and so far, it's going GREAT! Much, much better then my Balance wizard, who's in Celestia. I have ranked the schools from in my opinion, the best to worst for soloing.

Death. Death Wizards have spells that do damage to the enemy, and heal you at the same time. Death Wizard's attacks are really bad at the beginning, but they get much better as you progress. Their attacks will always stay weak, but most of them give you health, so they're pretty powerful. They can also get through absorbs.

Ice. Ice Wizards have lots of health. They are great at surviving. Their attacks however are really bad. They also have medium accuracy and the best defiance. The reason why Ice is a pretty good soloing school is because they have good health and lots of defense, which enables them to attack over and over again without dying.

Fire. Fire Wizards have somewhat low health, and somewhat low accuracy. For me, I need a lot of health, so Fire was very annoying, but actually not that bad! I just blade up, let my DoT (Damage over time) hurt them, and then I heal!

Life. Life Wizards have fairly good attacks, but not many of them. Life also has really good accuracy. Life Wizards are kind of good at soloing, just you need some time to practice.

Storm. In my opinion, Storm Wizards are really bad at soloing. Again, I don't want to offend Diviners who like Storm. This is just my opinion. For me, I just end up fizzling. Then I go to heal, but I'm already dead.

Myth. Myth Wizards summon lots of minions to help them fight. The minions are really good, but the downside to the minions is that they mess up your strategies, and use up your traps. On top of that, Myth doesn't have very good health either.

Balance. Balance Wizards have weak attacks, great health, hight accuracy, and too many buffs. I just find that all the buffs just get in my way when I'm fighting.

Again, that's what I think.
Balance, Weak?

Haha, you've got to be kidding me.
I am a level 69 Balance and i've soloed pretty much everything including major dungeons up to Zafaria.
I soloed malistaire at level 58.

I think most people are gonna say death or storm

But personally those classes are OP and overrated.
I think myth is nice, you get pretty good minions and my friend is a level 47 myth and he's having a great time.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Death I have soloed the entire game using death level 100

Survivor
Jan 01, 2013
I don't solo, but my school (life) is hard to solo with. I would recommend death or fire.
Brianna Seabreeze

Survivor
Aug 22, 2013
Hello, I'm back after experimenting with a balance wizard who is currently level 13, and I have to admit it's going great! Not only does my wizard have pretty good health, good accuracy, and normal-ish attacks, they get buffs that aren't school specific! However, since I am saving up for feint and sun till colossal, I find it slightly hard to solo bosses without help. I also notice that storm would be a great secondary up until Marleybone.
I also notice that balance wizards do struggle with more than one enemy at a time, and that they can drag out or quickly end battles when needed. I overall find it much more manageable and fun than using my death wizard, personally I think that death is overrated. This is just my opinion, but despite seeing balance mobs everywhere, is the way to go.
Good balance deck:
Whatever balance you want
Death until feint (7 points)
Ice until tower shield (5 points)
Sun until colossal ( 9 points)
If you want life until sprite (4 points)
Good star spells that you want (# points)
Remember you can get training points from completing Zeke's quests!
Will update later on!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
Death because it does decent damage, good accuracy, death wizards have good health, and some damage spells heals half to you.

Cameron Deathcaster lvl 43

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Death:

here is why

you dont need to use a mastery, wear jade or even use spells outside of your school to do things. you rarely need to even use blocks because your attacks will land you your helath back blocking is a waste of a turn for well geared deaths with good pet setups.

all content through k2 end game morganthe is solo doable by death without using jade. Though some content just takes so long but its doable where other schools get crushed. Ice does do well but its even slower than death goes and thats slow enough :)

If your main is death, then playing any other school seems like toture because solo its just slow and painful.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I'm a fire wizard level 43 and I've soloed the majority of the game. I've done a couple of dungeons with one other person but I've the all the quests and 90% of dungeons solo. Fire allows me to build up damage over time and destroying shields on the go. Also, it doesn't hurt that I have link and a fire summon spell on my belt. My secondary school is storm so I have both of the most offensive schools in the game. The battle isn't all about defense, it's about who packs the biggest punch. (Though you should get a pet with a healing spell, like my frankenbunny, and it's free!)

Survivor
May 28, 2014
definitely need I say more I beat ghost Avalon by myself how I did it I used the colossus polymorph.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Why Balance: Judgement, Power Nova, No shields to balance except tower shield, and annoying charms

Why NOT Balance: No special blades, 40+ blade, only balance blade and a hex which takes up rounds for multiple attack. No stuns, only 1 spells that effects all enemies and gives them a negative charm

Why Storm: Strong, Storm Lord, Triton, Overpowered spells which takes 1 power pip to do 1000 dog

Why NOT storm: Less health,energy,mana, and horrible accuracy

Why Ice: Overpowered Blades, Frost Giant, Legion of Shields

Why NOT Ice: Weak, the blades take rounds to cast.

Why Fire: Overpowered, DoT, and fuel for Heckhound, easy to defeat Belloq

Why NOT Fire: Too many DoT spells, it takes time to defeat the enemies and you die

Why Life: Many healing spells, annoying for 4v4 PVP, Best accuracy 90%.

Why NOT Life: Hmm, how should I put it this way, TO MANY HEALING SPELLS TO SOLO THE SPIRAL!

Why Myth: Dominates 1v1, They do shatter, then they hit you with a Medusa

Why NOT Myth: Weak, they use up your first blade for the weak attack

Why Death: Plague, Infection, Scarecrow, Hit and Steal Health

Why NOT Death: Getting the lvl 58 death spell is extreme and hard, Annoying and 1 handed