Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't beleive KI did this!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
I am a subscriber/member, but i heard about the new school houses so i looked at how much they would be, and guess what? 100,000 gold for the house :(. KI is making it so bad for subscribers that they are being forced to buy crowns. My cousin plays club penguin and he said "club penguin makes it hard for people who are'nt members to do anything". well KI i think that wizard101 rocks but you are making so hard for subscribers/members to have anything nice! So KI please lower the price pf school houses for gold. :(

Community Leader
No one is forcing you to do anything. There are plenty of affordable houses available across the spiral and they are all very, very nice.

Just because shiny new thing comes out doesn't mean everyone HAS to have it right away.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
I am a subscriber/member, but i heard about the new school houses so i looked at how much they would be, and guess what? 100,000 gold for the house :(. KI is making it so bad for subscribers that they are being forced to buy crowns. My cousin plays club penguin and he said "club penguin makes it hard for people who are'nt members to do anything". well KI i think that wizard101 rocks but you are making so hard for subscribers/members to have anything nice! So KI please lower the price pf school houses for gold. :(

It was common sense knowledge, that when the mounts came out that not only would the new houses be coming out towards the end of the year, but that those houses would be a tad more then the mounts...And they're really not that much more then the mounts. A mere 10,000 extra coin which doesn't take long to make at all.

Just like with the mounts, nobody is being 'forced' to buy crowns. Just as it's been easy to earn the in-game coins for the mounts, so is it with the houses. And considering there's been talk of the houses coming out now for over 3 months? That's been plenty of time to let members know they'd be needing to save up for that as well...

I'm hoping that with the new additions, that houses will also be able to be gifted like with the mounts. Cause I've already got the coins for 2 new homes for both my characters and hoping that I will be able to purchase one as a gift for hubby's x-mas gift for his secondary character. I'll have those coins from purchasing the homes made back within a couple of days of farming regeants. Heck, as it is I'm having to spend coins on gear I don't need, just to bank for future selling cause I keep hitting the max coin allowance in-game. I've been putting off buying a 6th mount cause I'm hoping that with the house release, they'll be releasing some new mounts as well for the holidays. LOL!

Personally KI? THANK YOU for the new additions to the game. It's helped this particular player goal reaching with each new perk you've added so far. Can't wait to see what you add next that I can make a new challenge out of.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
i dont think 100K is too much for a cool house... 90K for a dragon is lol

but, considering in just a few days I have racked up over 30K i dont see an issue. Sure, a low level wizard will have a hard time.. good. they are low level, you should have to EARN it. SO, just keep playing, eventually you will have enough :)

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
I totally agree with you. I was just trying to do the chess board thing in my house, with all the rigs and chessboards, you know, And I tried it in the life house EVERYWHERE but it keeps getting blocked! You cant even rotate the thing once it's down! C'mon KS! We're liking the housing glitches! Just give them back to us and please, please, lower prices on the new houses! I mean, the gold limit is 100,000 gold, right? It's basically using up all your money! Some of us can barely even pay for stuff in real life, and we use our allowance for this! I'm talking about me! Guys, just try to let us have what we want on Wizard 101.

Amber Rosepetal, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromaster

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
StaticFX wrote:
i dont think 100K is too much for a cool house... 90K for a dragon is lol

but, considering in just a few days I have racked up over 30K i dont see an issue. Sure, a low level wizard will have a hard time.. good. they are low level, you should have to EARN it. SO, just keep playing, eventually you will have enough :)
I am at 30K also (it is kinda hard because i am selling everything i pretty have like swords and a few 3K and 2K pets also)

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
From what I saw of the houses, I don't think that KI is asking too much, well maybe except for the death house. I don't think that is worth 100k. I do understand and appreciate your comments about KI giving subscribers incentatives to continue with their memberships or getting new people to want to join. Many clubs that I belong to offer discounts if you are a subscriber, so I am with you on that point.

I still believe that the mounts are over priced, but it doesn't take long to save up gold.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
if you look at the test realm boards the houses arn't that hot anyway.from what i have been reading i think i'd rather spend 10k crowns or 100k gold to have my current house expanded.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
what is the max coinage for the game? how are you earning so much money? DS quests?

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Josh1128Sh wrote:
what is the max coinage for the game? how are you earning so much money? DS quests?

Max is 150,000 coins.

And no. I make my coins mainly through regeant hunting. I'm currently maxed on the coin allowance. So instead of selling the regeants I have, I'm acutally using them to pre-craft furniture for when I purchase my fire house for my main character. I'm also crafting extra furniture for my secondary character's current home plus for her life home she'll be buying.

As well as I'll be selling only the regeants I don't need for crafting furniture and the proceeds from that will go towards purchasing the gold cards needed for those recipes. The only thing that will be slowing the process down is the cool off periods for the crafted furniture items. Both my characters will still be in the red with pocket change when it's all said and done. She's set on all her level gear items, thanks to my primary character. So no worries there about 'have to buy' items unless I start a new character altogether.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
WOO WOO WOO By the time these house come out i will have enough to buy one... in gold :D :D :D

-John Ashblade, FINALLY grandmaster diviner (and still lower than 2000 health)