Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire wizard hacking

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I just had a battle with a fire wizard that had the ability to use Storm blades for their fire spells. He would apply fire blade, elemental blades, and cast fire dragon, the dragon would take both the fire blades and the storm for super high damage. Thinking it could be a bug, but he kept doing it consistantly. I won the battle, but that is not the point. I need to know if this is mechanic is working as intended, and what is the ability to make this happen. I have looked all over the internet and forums for this topic, but i cannot seem to find any. Anyhow I reported the player that was exploiting the game mechanics regardless of him insisting it was legit. Of course I was also reported in return along with my spectating friends for bad language that never happened. Such is life.

Hero
May 02, 2009
The Storm blade is probably from a treasure elemental blade, since it doesn't use the exact blades for it(i.e., the fire blade on the treasure elemental blade doesn't act like a fire blade).

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Caprnicus, that was not hacking it is a bug in the treasure card Elemental Blade that will activate normally but the blades will be messed up. For example my Ice guy ( favorite one :-D) used that card and when i used blizzard the FIRE blade activated, dont worry it was a fair fight so dont feel down and keep fighting ;)
BTW that was Fireblade + regular Elemental Blade + Treasure card Elemental Blade that made it so strong.
thx for posting your question until later wizards Ciao :-D!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
That is interesting indeed. Along with this bug of elemental blades, does the same apply to spirit blades? Anyhow my real question is, Does this bug ingnore players resist? The first attack was set up like this.

Fire wizard:
+30% fire damage from gear
+35% Fire blade
+35% elemental blade
+40% treasure elemenatal blade
------Without resist this damage adds up to about 2000 to 2300-----

Me:
41% spell resist from gear
--------With this resist alone, damage comes down to 1200ish------
-25% weakness buff applied to fire wizard
-20% death weakness buff applied

The fire wizard casted Helephant in this specific situation
The damage that was dealt to me was 1240

It appears the bug of this situation comeletely ignored the weakness and death debuff

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Caprnicus wrote:
I just had a battle with a fire wizard that had the ability to use Storm blades for their fire spells. He would apply fire blade, elemental blades, and cast fire dragon, the dragon would take both the fire blades and the storm for super high damage. Thinking it could be a bug, but he kept doing it consistantly. I won the battle, but that is not the point. I need to know if this is mechanic is working as intended, and what is the ability to make this happen. I have looked all over the internet and forums for this topic, but i cannot seem to find any. Anyhow I reported the player that was exploiting the game mechanics regardless of him insisting it was legit. Of course I was also reported in return along with my spectating friends for bad language that never happened. Such is life.
rofl there was nothing wrong he was playing fair they where gold blades dont ask me why there like that but its fair you was not cheated