Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Real Learning in the game

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
i have noticed several opportunities for kids to learn (and adults to be reminded of) real world lessons in the game and was wondering if anyone else had, and if any parents used these opportunities?

1. Look both ways before you step off the sidewalk. :)

2. There are people who will try to cheat you. there are a whole list of sub-lessons to go with this one.

3. Save your money for what you reeeeeally want.

4. Spelling really is important. :)

5. Help people in need, you never know when you will need help.

there are of course more, i'm wondering what learning/teaching opportunities you have noticed.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Snivel wrote:
i have noticed several opportunities for kids to learn (and adults to be reminded of) real world lessons in the game and was wondering if anyone else had, and if any parents used these opportunities?

1. Look both ways before you step off the sidewalk. :)

2. There are people who will try to cheat you. there are a whole list of sub-lessons to go with this one.

3. Save your money for what you reeeeeally want.

4. Spelling really is important. :)

5. Help people in need, you never know when you will need help.

there are of course more, i'm wondering what learning/teaching opportunities you have noticed.

By low, sell high...The Bazaar really is like the stock market. You just have to be smart about when to buy or sell to make the Bazaar pay off for you. ;)

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
KiansDad wrote:
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's funny. i would have to say that what i learned from w101 is that you can count on your friends (but not all the time).