Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New houses coming soon?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I was watching TV yesterday and I came across a commercial for Wizard101. While I was watching it, I noticed a few places I had never seen before. So, luckily for DVR, I was able to stop and rewind back to the commercial. It seems that there is going to be some new houses from Grizzleheim.

The first one it showed looked somewhat like the North Guard, and was rather small. Probably not the Grizzleheim Mansion
The second one was icy, and looked small too. Probably not the Mansion either.
The third one, looked like a haunted house, which was kinda of weird, since Grizzleheim isn't what I would call a scary place. I haven't gone all the way through Grizzleheim though, so I may be wrong.

Has anyone else seen this commercial, and can any of the Professors give me some feedback as to clear up what I saw on TV?

Administrator
You bet! And you can learn more about it on our Ravenwood Bulletin News Letter
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/newsletter/december2009

School House Rocks!

Theurgists, Sorcerers, Conjurers, Pyromancers, Necromancers, Thaumaturges, and Diviners rejoice! New School Themed Housing will arrive in the Spiral this month!

Whether you want a chilly Ice school themed house,

or you've always wanted a Haunted House of your own

now you can have them in our upcoming School Themed Housing! And don't worry, young Wizards, any Wizard can buy any house, whether its your main School of Focus or not.

This housing will be available soon through the SHOP button on your Screen, under the Housing Icon. These houses are priced at 10 000 Crowns, or 100 000 Gold per house.
To Preview these houses, just press the Magnifying Glass in the SHOP window.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jun 16, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

School House Rocks!

Theurgists, Sorcerers, Conjurers, Pyromancers, Necromancers, Thaumaturges, and Diviners rejoice! New School Themed Housing will arrive in the Spiral this month!

Whether you want a chilly Ice school themed house,

or you've always wanted a Haunted House of your own

now you can have them in our upcoming School Themed Housing! And don't worry, young Wizards, any Wizard can buy any house, whether its your main School of Focus or not.

This housing will be available soon through the SHOP button on your Screen, under the Housing Icon. These houses are priced at 10 000 Crowns, or 100 000 Gold per house.

When I saw the houses I screamed and jumped up an down. I love
that ice one even though I'm not a thaumaturge!

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
Its awesome that there is going to be new houses!!!! cant wait.................................just wish they didnt cost so much in gold and crowns though :?

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

School House Rocks!

WOOHOO! I've patiently been waiting on these to show up...I've been making sure to keep enough gold coins saved, expecting them to be about this price range. Just wish they'd show a picture of the houses for Fire and Life.

The only downside will be having to read the threads started by players upset about the prices.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Ah - so that's what they are. So will this go hand-in-hand with a lift of the three-house maximum per wizard? Does a wizard who already has three houses have to sell one? Just asking ...

Administrator
Good questions, young Wizard.

These houses DO count towards your total of three houses per character, so as much as it pains me too, players who already have three houses will have to sell one in order to purchase one of these School themed houses.

sgeier wrote:
Ah - so that's what they are. So will this go hand-in-hand with a lift of the three-house maximum per wizard? Does a wizard who already has three houses have to sell one? Just asking ...

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 12, 2009
It would be good if when these houses go live if KingsIsle would also raise the minimum amount of coin one can have, seeing as these are the most expensive item(in gold) that will be sold, it is only fair to allow wizards to save more than the current 150,000 so one could not only save for one of these homes but also save for other things that all wizards need!

I have already run into the problem of hitting the maximum amount and that is no fun as you just lose any chest coin you come across after that, as well as earnings from battles, plus you can't sell things any longer when it happens. I don't really get why there even needs to be a "restriction" as to how much gold coin one can have. If you help out others a lot or even just repeat a lot of battles or farm you are going to acquire quite a bit more than the current maximum.

Anyway, the houses look great in the pictures...can't wait to see them go live!

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
It would be good if when these houses go live if KingsIsle would also raise the minimum amount of coin one can have, seeing as these are the most expensive item(in gold) that will be sold, it is only fair to allow wizards to save more than the current 150,000 so one could not only save for one of these homes but also save for other things that all wizards need!

I have already run into the problem of hitting the maximum amount and that is no fun as you just lose any chest coin you come across after that, as well as earnings from battles, plus you can't sell things any longer when it happens. I don't really get why there even needs to be a "restriction" as to how much gold coin one can have. If you help out others a lot or even just repeat a lot of battles or farm you are going to acquire quite a bit more than the current maximum.

Anyway, the houses look great in the pictures...can't wait to see them go live!

I deffinately agree with your post. As is, I've got the coin to buy the house and start decorating. But 50,000 coin deffinately won't make a decent start decorating. Heck, I've spent about 100,000 alone on decorating each of my other homes easily...

It would also be nice that since these homes are 'special purchases', that the outside and inside item limit be raised as well. Heck, the limits in the exsisting homes are too low, and if you're going to be able to purchase these homes via crowns/coins one would hope that there would be extra 'perks' in regards to the decorating options. LOL!

Which reminds me...Be nice if we could name our mounts too while we're discussing the game additions.