Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pips taken but spell not cast...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
I have found posts similar to this one including a Tempest Storm post. Im talking specificly about Meteor however, this has happened SEVERAL times to someone on my family account and if this problem persists we may just quit playing (because of this and other problems). I would, however, like to know if this is a known issue because I have seen no response to this type of thread from an administrator yet.

There are no special conditions that I have noticed for this to happen, she simply selects Meteor Shower as her spell and when her turn comes the arrow pauses on her then moves to the next person as if she had passed. The pips are taken as if she had cast. This happens once out of every three to five casts of the spell.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
The only time instances I have seen it is because the teammates ahead of the caster defeated the target of the spell. No foe targeted, no spell cast...this is a normal part of the gameplay....but if you cast a multi-foe spell, it doesn't target all the foes, just one 'center of effect' and all the others. In multi-foe spells, the pips are taken.

This is more a result of lack of teamwork...you are paying for your teammates not allowing you to cast the spell. Everyone can see what is being cast, yet they still seem to mess up the other teammates.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
I know you mentioned Tempest and i am adding that the Tempest glitch happened to me the other day in the Labrynth, so that bug is still there.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Yeah.

The only reason it should do that is because the player before you defeated that creature before you hit it. It is supposed to do that depending on the spell. I know the spells that hit all players do that.