Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do YOU think of treasure cards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2009
People are always ripping others off with treasure cards. For example, people will say they'll give you a mount for good cards. You give them the cards and POOF! They port to someone/somewhere and no mount. Why do people beg for these things? I mean, they are only cards with stronger attacks. And you can acheive these attacks with blades and traps. I think they are cards that only bring trouble. What do you think of them?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I too see people shouting out they have good cards for trade and also complaining that someone stole their cards. I really don't see what the big deal is about some of these cards. Yes, that minotaur I have does look appealing, but it takes 5 pips to cast. By the time i get those pips (some of them power pips) I could have cast a spell with blades and traps from my own school that would have done just as much damage if not more.

I seldom use treasure cards unless they are dryads or satyrs made by my life wizard and passed onto one of my other wizards. I also keep a stash of prisms in my treasure deck for when my normal prisms are hiding.

To me most of the treasure cards are just to show off a powerful spell that you have to pass several times to use. By that time, you are almost dead, or the people with the person using the treasure card have killed the enemy because they got tired of getting hit only because someone wants to show off a cool looking spell.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life
Hannah Earthbreaker Level 50 Balance
Hannah Summerglade Level 30 Fire

Administrator
This was posted in our Ravenwood Bulletin newsletter, and felt that it needed to be reiterated here.

A Cautionary Tale
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
I think all means of trading with other accounts should be removed. By that i mean gifting and card trading, it would really take a lot of the trouble out of the game and make it possible for a Grandmaster to make it to the bazaar without getting swapmed.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
This was posted in our Ravenwood Bulletin newsletter, and felt that it needed to be reiterated here.

A Cautionary Tale
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

I don't think that this is right. If someone scams someone else, some action should be taken. People work hard to obtain those treasure cards, whether they make them, buy them, or get them from drops. This game is meant for younger kids who are more vulnerable to being scammed. I feel that something more should be done about scammers and that saying "Caveat emptor" is not enough.

Kane StormCaster - Lv 50 Diviner
Lenora - Lv 50 Theurgist
Flint Forge - Lv 30 Sorcerer
Kane IceCaster - Lv 21 Thaumaturge

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
of course this is my opinion

i am glad KI does not "do something" more to prevent scamers.

this is probably the safest way for children to learn about such things.

learn that there are people out there that will cheat you.

better in a game for a virtual card than in real life for his/her college fund, rent, etc.

this game provides a wonderful environment to learn things, from looking both ways before you cross the street, to spelling, to saving money for something you want.

i say keep up the good work KI, you provide an environment which keeps the actual child safe, but allows their character to deal with problems.