Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do drops work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
I just started this game kind of and I'm trying to figure out how drops work... Is it random? a %? or 1 out of 5 kills drops something? And does it the class of monster matter? Like, if I want more death drops would I fight death monsters (bosses) or does it matter?

Because I seem to get everything BUT death drops. So again, I'm just trying to figure it out.

Thank you for any information provided.

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
It's mostly random. The real places to get good drops, though, are bosses. Bosses drop all kinds of things. If you want to meet in the game, I can take you to some good bosses. :D

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
the drop is by percentage

check out this sight http://wizard101.wikia.com

it has a pretty good, but not complete, list of items, where to find them, and the drop rate.

hope it helps

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
The fights with wandering monsters will give you random items, if any item at all. They'll mainly be things you can buy from shopkeepers. And since there are 7 schools, only one time in 7 will it be something from your school. Some items can be used by any school. Personally, I have 7 wands in my backpack to help me with different situations.

Fights with Boss critters tend to drop more unique items. Items like Decks, Furniture and (very rarely) Pets. Some of the items can't be bought at any store or the Bazaar. These drops are really really rare. Some people have re-fought (farmed) the same Boss 30 times and not gotten the rare item that Boss is known to drop.

If you poke around at some of the fan sites, you should be able to find a compendium of items dropped by certain bosses. I've seen forums around that focus on a particular school, like Death, and can be useful for deciding which boss to farm for Death gear.

Adam Ashfriend - Grandmaster Farmer

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
Thank you all for your help. I will study the wiki see if I can figure some stuff out. Make a crazy char and maybe be able to win atleast 1 pvp match lol.