Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A series of problems i've seen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2009
Hi, i'm not sure if this is where i need to post this but there have been a few problems i've noticed lately.

1) in the arena you are not returned to the arena area after a match, you just stay stuck in the pvp area

2)every time i load wiz101 it re-downloads world-housing items.wad or something like that (last file to load for me)

3)crown values dont appear in wc shopping district in normal shops (when i tried to buy a crown athame it said i had 0 crowns when i really had tons)

4)takes a long time to load areas after visiting multiple worlds and areas of the game

5)a bug in the arena brings back enemies to life after they are already dead and it gives them back all their pips

6)feint has wrong values either on the card or on the field in battle

7)recent gifts are not appearing in game upon entering (little red gift box in lower left corner)

8)cursing is being bypassed by using words such as (you may want to censor these combinations of words)( bench, flock, crop, as o hole, go to hail, and foe k)

9)several housing bugs allow you to walk through walls and fall through the ground (as in my house)

please allow this message to be left as is so that people can be aware of some of these problems.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
Balance4life wrote:
Hi, i'm not sure if this is where i need to post this but there have been a few problems i've noticed lately.

1) in the arena you are not returned to the arena area after a match, you just stay stuck in the pvp area

to the best of my knowledge (about 4 months playing) it has always been like this. you use the 'return to commons' button to exit the area. rather than booting everyone out, this allow teams to talk to eachother, make friends etc. and leave when they are ready.

2)every time i load wiz101 it re-downloads world-housing items.wad or something like that (last file to load for me)

i may be wrong on this one so do not take what i am saying as absolute fact. your character info is not stored locally on you computer. it is stored on the KI servers (so you cant go in and change something on your character) so it must download all your character info to you every time, to include what you have equipped, what is in your house etc. *if some one knows better please correct me.*

3)crown values dont appear in wc shopping district in normal shops (when i tried to buy a crown athame it said i had 0 crowns when i really had tons)

crowns and gold are not the same thing, you may have tons of gold but no crowns to purchase a crowns only item. if you do have crowns but are still not able to make a purchase of crown items you should probably report this as a bug. look at the help & support section of this website.

4)takes a long time to load areas after visiting multiple worlds and areas of the game

happens to me too. once again i may be wrong about this but, i think every area you visit during a session of play gets stored locally on your computer so that if you return to it, it should load faster but, after visiting many areas that buffer gets a little too full and slows the whole thing down. what i do when i start getting frustrated at the loading time is just log out (i probably have been on so long that i need to stretch my legs anyway) and restart the game, logging out itself takes a while, but it resets the buffers and i'm back up to speed again.

5)a bug in the arena brings back enemies to life after they are already dead and it gives them back all their pips

i have reported it as a bug and there are several posts in the PVP area of the board, but it is not on the know bugs list yet. i would suggest that you report it as a bug with any information (such as spells cast) that you can remember when it happens.

6)feint has wrong values either on the card or on the field in battle

this is a known bug *see help & support Known Buggs.

7)recent gifts are not appearing in game upon entering (little red gift box in lower left corner)

this was a know bug. if it is still not there you need to report it as a bug.

8)cursing is being bypassed by using words such as (you may want to censor these combinations of words)( bench, flock, crop, as o hole, go to hail, and foe k)

it is know that some people do this. everything that i have seen on this sight encourages you to report people who use 'creative profanity' to get though the filter. *see Help & Support, FAQ, Wizard101 Game Questions, 11. What is considered a Reportable Offense?

9)several housing bugs allow you to walk through walls and fall through the ground (as in my house)

iv'e never fallen though a wall so my advice is report it as a bug

hope iv'e helped.
if i am wrong on any of this, and you have the correct info, please correct me.