Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game minimizes on its own?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
Don't know if this is a bug or maybe I am doing something wrong but the game keeps minimizing on me at completely random times. Doesn't seem to happen at any specific area or when doing any certain action. Happens to my girlfriend as well.

Thanks!,
Sadistar

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Does the same for me. Minimizes to the task bar and I have to bring it back up. Happens every half hour or so and is getting very irritating. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Here too. Although it seems it does it every 15-20 minutes and it is irritating. Can't tell you how many times I've been traveling along on my broom and had to bring the game back up from the taskbar to find myself in a wall or in the middle of the street which invariably means a fight ensues.
Would be great if someone had an idea on how to fix this.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
If you are using AVG have have upgraded to 9.0, then that is your culpret. Apparently, it does not play nicely with full-screen games. Every 30 minutes, your full-screen game (or full-screen media player) loses focus and you get popped back into the Windows desktop with your game minimized.

It looks like AVG is aware of the problem, but until they patch it I suggest that those of you who haven't upgraded your verison of AVG yet not to install AVG v9.0.

http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=35601