Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Server disconnects

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Recently having a major problem with keeping a connection to the servers. Not sure if this is because I'm a UK player. Internet connection's fine. Bit puzzled. Anyone else having any difficulties?

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
terrigen44 wrote:
Recently having a major problem with keeping a connection to the servers. Not sure if this is because I'm a UK player. Internet connection's fine. Bit puzzled. Anyone else having any difficulties?

Yep! I go to switch players on my fam account and I get a connecting to server window pop up. (just alt+F4 it because the game has already crashed
and never once has it re-connected again after getting that 'connecting to server' message).

Also lots of missed sounds during a battle are starting to become more and more.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Not sure if this is the same thing but yes - since the last update I have been disconnected every day between 7:20 and 7:30 pm. Like clockwork.

The connection goes away, then restores, but I'm in a hung state - I cannot bring up any menu (by typing ESC or such) I cannot see what's happening (I never get to pick an attack card if I'm in battle for example) etc.

The only 'remedy' has been to hit the Windows key, bring up task manager, then kill the Wizard101GraphicalClient. Then I start a new client fresh, pick my character and click 'play' - which gets me right back to where I was. For example if I was in battle, then I'm still in battle.

Unfortunately this disconnect/reconnect loses all progress in dungeons or towers. I get to finish my current battle, but I do not get to advance to the next level in the tower I'm in.

And in Dragonspyre, which is all towers, this is a major problem.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I had the exact same problem and had a ticket open with KI for it for 3 weeks. They finally told me to decrease the graphics quality and resolution that I'm using to play the game. This has worked, however it is extremely annoying not to be able to play in full screen anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------
Kimberly Misthaven - Level 46 Life
Kelsey Battlestalker - Level 38 Balance
Abigail Fireblossom - Level 19 Fire
Kimberly Deathbringer - Level 15 Death

Earn Crowns! Subscribe using my friend code:
http://www.wizard101.com/friend/80851-12125-01664-46030