Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You decide on a new world!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
Sherlock Bones on Aug 13, 2008 wrote:
What kind of a world would you like to see?
Wallaru

Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
Ickabodd on Mar 20, 2022 wrote:
Wallaru
What is Wallaru?

Survivor
May 21, 2010
Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
Instead of a new world, we should have to revisit all the old worlds from the original story line. Start in wizard city, do 30-40 quests there, move to Krok and have to do more, then Marleybone, mooshu, and finish up in Dragonspyre. It would be much cooler to redo what feels like the original 5 worlds as a high level. You could make it to where someone is following in Malistaire’s footsteps, or just create a completely different story. You could even add new zones to those existing worlds that are just for us high levels and our new quest to save the spiral, add new enemies in those worlds if ya wanted or just rank up the old enemies to scale with our level. This would be easier than designing and entire world I believe, and I’m sure old school players like myself would agree it would be better than seeing another grindy world that we finish in a couple days of playing.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
Blaze Moonspear on Dec 24, 2021 wrote:
This may be a bit weird, but I would genuinely LOVE to see a Marleybone part 2 as part of the main questline. I doubt you'll do it, but even more than a new world I'd love to see that.

I love the theming of Marleybone so much and it feels like you finish with it so quickly and you don't come back nearly enough. But even more than that, I hate how it's almost exclusively rooftops. It feels like you're dodging around the bulk of the world the whole time, just skirting on the edges and barely seeing anything because it's all just hiding on the rooftops at night. I absolutely adore Marleybone but that's why it frustrates me so much that you see so little of it! If there were more to it it'd probably be my favourite world in the game.

It needs political intrigue, more mysteries with Sherlock Bones besides just dealing with already known criminals, and it's based on the British Empire right? So it needs to explore how Marleybone's expansion and colonization is affecting other people, both at home and abroad, there needs to be more conflict, Marleybone is PERFECT for that sort of thing and they do nothing with it. As is the world is great but it just screams wasted potential too.

I would genuinely love to have an entire new world's length of stuff that you come back to later, Marleybone deserves it.

If you don't want to do that with Marleybone, you could instead have a new world that Marleybone has colonized. Explore the troubles of the natives trying to deal with the encroaching foreign power, with Marleybone looking down on them as uncivilized and many of them genuinely believing they're helping them while not understanding the culture of the natives at all, and the natives being horribly frustrated that Marleybone is forcing them to conform and either give up who they are to integrate or leave their homeland, and you can still involve a lot of political intrigue and mysteries with Marleybone's characters and theming, like Marleybone is taking over the area visually too, like Marleybone style buildings and towns contrasting heavily with the native architectural styles. It would let you have a new world to satisfy people while also letting you revisit Marleybone and give it the time it needs, maybe having you hop between areas in the new world and brand new areas in Marleybone like how Pirate101 has you go back and forth between worlds sometimes.

There's also the tensions at home in Marleybone between the dogs, the cats, the rats, and the frogs, with the dogs quite clearly being the upper class, the cats and rats being lower class forced to turn to crime to survive, and the frogs barely even being noticed most of the time, there's so much you could do with that class dynamic and really shake up the world.

The only thing to make sure of though is that you don't do it quite how you did it back in the day with the bison and ESPECIALLY the water moles, because those feel more like native caricatures and stereotypes than actual people a lot of the time, especially with how they're often the only people that have difficulty speaking properly even though nearly every world is based on a different foreign culture. Even for KI's style it's just too caricatured and stereotypey and it feels weird to play through it.
This would go perfect with the suggestion I just sent in. Incorporate all the original worlds into a new ark. The original 5 worlds were the greatest and cannot be topped.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2021
I love the worlds of Wizard City, Marleybone and Celestia so:

1. An extension of the urban / industrial style seen in the Underground questline. With urban streets, industrial structures, construction sites, sewers, parks, street art/graffiti. Sportswear or worker clothes as outfits, rackets/bats/spinning basketballs or tools/wrenches/pipes as wands. Card decks that look like collector cards. Boomboxes, comic books, posters of cheeseburgers, pizza, cans of colorful fizzy soda. The main questline could be about pollution! It could have an environmental theme, with the main adversary being a ruthless factory boss dumping toxic waste into the water, blowing black smoke into the air, and destroying the forests and habitats of some creatures that call the wizards for help.

2. A Holiday/Spa/Beach theme from the 20s, with hotels and manors, oriental baths, lounging furniture, art nouveau or surrealism. Or generally a early 1900s ~ 20s theme, think titanic, the Great Gatsby, or the Wes Anderson film "Grand Budapest Hotel". Maybe a time traveller could have a main questline there! The main adversary could be a whacky scientist like Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde or some "Herr Doctor" who loves Rorschach tests. Places could feature an archive-dimension of all things that were ever lost, mistplaced and forgotten, and the Wizard needs to visit it to convince the archive keeper to give them a "forgotten key" to advance the plotline. The plot could be about someone stealing dreams or memories / keepsakes.

Dear moderator,

if editing my text fully is not allowed, please delete my post. Sorry for the inconvenience, I appreciate it.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I would LOVE to see a KPOP themed world!!! I love Jungkook so much and I want to talk to him in game (and in real life).

Survivor
Jun 10, 2021
I like the idea of a new hub world, such as a wizard city but more towards a metropolis themed world such as Marleybone. new questlines and what not but a hub world for late/end game players with all the needed specialties such as bazaar or a pet trainer kiosk, etc. to help them in their high level endeavors.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Could you make a holiday themed world where each section is a different holiday.

What about a world based on famous movies or the 7 wonders of the world.

I like the amusement park idea as well.

No matter what the next world is I hope KI will continue to keep Wizard101 clean, and kid friendly.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2021
A galaxy themed world would be really cool! It's not like Celestia though, it's a world that is in the galaxy and there are different planets to visit and aliens as monsters, and you can meet some astronauts and stuff like that. I would be so happy to see that in Wizard101, and it would be my new favorite world!

-Leesha

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
I think instead of a new world it would be cool to have to go back to older worlds for new questlines. It would be great to see older worlds updated / redone, like how World of Warcraft was redone for the Cataclysm expansion.

Survivor
May 08, 2020
Survivor
Jul 07, 2022
Fairy kingdom world. Where do the fairies come from?

Defender
May 27, 2013
After going to the P101 webpage and looking at the world descriptions, I would really like to see Cool Ranch transferred over to W101. I love the sound of the populations there and have long loved the American Southwest.

And I already love the music from Cool Ranch!

Survivor
Mar 13, 2017
I would love to see a world where it's fall themed, with squirrels, cats, hedgehogs, racoons, deers, boars, weasels and foxes.

Fall leaves everywhere (of course falling dead leaves).
Color palette would be: orange, red, yellow, brown.

The sky would be a part cloudy and part sunny (depending on the zone)

And maybe have a bunny villain (bad bunny, get it?)

Also would love to see a kind-of India type of world, with tigers, peacocks, bears and bulls, maybe also have an underwater part with manta rays koi fish village.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
jirachisauce on Jul 17, 2022 wrote:
Fairy kingdom world. Where do the fairies come from?
Ooh I like this idea!

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
crystalwizard12345... on Oct 19, 2021 wrote:
how about a world that all takes place in cyberspace?
Ooh Cool!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Jul 26, 2022 wrote:
Ooh I like this idea!
same, this is a good one.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
First of all, I am extremely happy to see a post that includes its audience on what the next world should look like. This exercises many ideas, and thoughts that could contribute into the next world

Here are some of the suggestions I brain stormed within 5 minutes:
  1. A world that does not technically belong within the Wizard Spiral, but instead in a different, more sophisticated, and futuristic gleam to it.
  2. Inter-galactic space travel theme could be a great one too.
  3. A parallel universe where there are different villains'(example: Malistaire is not a villian but instead a character that made a mistake and actually works on his own character to help rebuild what he has lost).
  4. Last but not least, An enchanted like forest, similar to Avalon's color schemes, except even more in depth with magic than before; Kind of like a revamp to how the Wizardly world got it's magic.
  5. Last but not least, please add an amazing graduation where your friends are able to attend, and or in general friends you quest with will be able to appear on the stage with you to symbolize that we accomplished all goals, and finished all quests.

Just food for thought, but I am sure these ideas can help boost any production, or even thought processes to better the game play even more than it already is. (This game is my favorite game on the entire planet, as you can tell, these are pre-thought ideas).

Thank you

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Opalsx on Jul 28, 2022 wrote:
First of all, I am extremely happy to see a post that includes its audience on what the next world should look like. This exercises many ideas, and thoughts that could contribute into the next world

Here are some of the suggestions I brain stormed within 5 minutes:
  1. A world that does not technically belong within the Wizard Spiral, but instead in a different, more sophisticated, and futuristic gleam to it.
  2. Inter-galactic space travel theme could be a great one too.
  3. A parallel universe where there are different villains'(example: Malistaire is not a villian but instead a character that made a mistake and actually works on his own character to help rebuild what he has lost).
  4. Last but not least, An enchanted like forest, similar to Avalon's color schemes, except even more in depth with magic than before; Kind of like a revamp to how the Wizardly world got it's magic.
  5. Last but not least, please add an amazing graduation where your friends are able to attend, and or in general friends you quest with will be able to appear on the stage with you to symbolize that we accomplished all goals, and finished all quests.

Just food for thought, but I am sure these ideas can help boost any production, or even thought processes to better the game play even more than it already is. (This game is my favorite game on the entire planet, as you can tell, these are pre-thought ideas).

Thank you
You'd be surprised how much of this you see when you reach Arc 3...

Survivor
Nov 03, 2020
I am playing since 2013, i got tired of seing fairies and cute looking enemies and animals turned into mobs. Since many of us are old enough to not having nightmares in our sleep i would suggest a grim looking world, filled with decay monsters and gloomy-creepy-abandoned atmosphere..A big world graveyard at least. I know there are many "creepy" looking areas but other than that i feel like wizard 101 needs its dark side as well except some spooky areas.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
Honestly, I'd love for a world based around Ancient Mesopotamia! That would be very interesting to see!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
Here's my idea for a world, and I'm sure someone has thought of this already. How about a void Wizard City, as in the first world. Wizard city consumed by the nothing, before bartleby set into place. Wizard city before malistaire or the headmaster set into place. A place more ancient than the Arcanum with ruins and dungeons scattered around. What the first world was, an evil wizards city.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I think that a world full of undead would be awesome!, I personally really enjoy the themes of darkmoor and the haunted caves but there really isn't all that much to it, I would love to see a undead themed world!!