Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying Options?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
I know this probably goes in a different section, and has probably been mentioned already.

I would love to see King Isle Entertainment add a new buying option to our list. So far we have:
Credit Card
Gift Card

Now that seems unfair, as most economically smart parents don't use credit as a method of spending money, and gift cards are inconvenient.
I am under 18 years old, and my parents refuse to use credit cards for purchases that are not vitally important. So the times I have bought my Gift Cards I have had to convince my parents to take me to the library, then stop at the 7-11 on the way back. (I purchase the cards with my OWN money)

My parents (and I'm sure many others) would be happy to purchase subscription and/or crowns if a widely used purchasing option became available: PayPal.

It is safe and convenient, and many people use it. It is used by some of the more popular games as a form of payment, and they are very successful. I would love players opinion on this, and perhaps staff as well.

Thank you,
Ryan Bearslinger
Pyromancer

Delver
May 29, 2009
I am not a member of PayPayl nor have I used it, but I received an email the other day (supposedly) from them for receipt of purchased items. The email contained information that did not belong to me. Wrong name, address, everything. When I contacted PayPal they told me that there have been emails circulating that were phishing for information. The thing is the email had links that connected me straigh to the PayPal site. I only clicke on the one for contact information so I could get their number and tell them they sent the email to the wrong person. They said to send any suspicious emails to spoof@paypal.com. Just FYI.

This alone would make me wary about using a secondary pay service that is not connected directly to Wizard 101 or Kingsisle.

Alura Hexcaster Master Sorceress

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
open up a savings account with a bank and get a debet card! just like a credit card/writting a check. no getting gift cards or using a credit card. 8)

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Try a debit card - if you have a bank account, then you can get a debit card from your bank. It will have the VISA or MC logo on it and can be used just like a credit card. Only, the money then comes right out of your account.

same as cash