Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tell us...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
How about renting cars in MB (like mounts)? Only usable in MB, you can drive down the street and run over those rats, cats and brats. Can you say squish? How about rat pancake?

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
What is one thing about Marleybone that you like the least?

The ideia for marleybone is good, the music is good and the place is satisfatory.
BUT:

its to hard to walk around. you cant go to a place that is far not being cought.

i i get lost with the story quests and i dont kknow how to find one there.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I agree with every single comment about Marleybone! It's just horrible all around!! And I have never gotten anything good on any boss drops!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Hello Madame Greyrose,
I hate to say it but,
Marleybone is sort of boring, and so is Krokotopia.
There isn't much enthusiasm in both worlds.
Here are some things:
Marleybone

Positives
1. Very good theme
2.Love the detail
3.Setting is wonderful
4.Beautiful Storyline

Negatives
1.Enemies aren't very interesting
2.Unwanting Music
3. A place that is there but for no reason (Barkingham Palace).

Thanks,
Ethan ShadowWraith Grandmaster Diviner/Necromancer
Ethan LegendWraith Master Theurgist/Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
I think it might be nice to have one of the houses in Regent's Square be set aside for those who want to find others to tackle goals. Say, a room where those who want to go after Katz's lab can gather, etc.

thats an AWESOME idea!!!! im with you on that!!!

Oran ghost river lvl 27

P.S. i am literally 2.5 bars of Exp away from lvl 28!!!!!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
To me, MB was one of my favorite worlds, but it took way to long and the last quest, Big Ben has to be the longest and hardest tower I have ever done. But I have to say I love a challenge and without a challenge then the game can't be good. Games have to have challenges to make the game fun and well not boring. Some people on the game tell me MB was way to hard and long and well stupid to them , but i have to say it wasnt really that bad. I love the way MB was all dark and stuff, but i have to say it surpised me of how many quests there were in that one world, but over all the world was great

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Let me first say that I think Marleybone is a beautiful, nicely realized world. It took me awhile to understand the layout, but now that i have it down, that's not a problem. Also, I haven't finished it yet (although i am close) so maybe some of my comments will be irrelevant as I progress further.

There are a few things that consistently annoy me however:

1) Getting tickets from Tracy. This is pointless and annoying after the first time. Having the tickets show up as quests isn't a good solution for handling this process either. I haven't run across anything else in the game yet that uses quests in this way. If it needs to be done at all, have it only happen one time for each area (Hyde Park, Chelsea Court, Ironworks and Kensington) then walk-up access to those areas.
2) Many characters are kind of unimaginitive, basically the same model and skin with a different name in a different place. Some of them could be consolidated probably. A lot of the bosses just kind of run together for me, which could be said about Krokotopia too, I guess. That said, there are some excellent unique characters in Marleybone that I love: The Mime (more please!), Sherlock, Watson, Katzenstein.
3) Getting drawn into battles by the denizens of the streets is definitely a problem at times, mostly when I'm in a group and we are all trying to get to one place. Then we are four times as likely to get held up, and a full 4 on 4 battle that we didn't really intend to fight takes up time we'd like to spend accomplishing our main goals. I kind of lost interest in playing with others for this very reason unless I know they are good at keeping away from the strays.
4) I get stuck on the ramps with my broom a lot. Mainly because I'm trying to cut it so close to the edge to avoid enemies, I don't sail over, I get stuck, then have to back out into the middle of the street to get unstuck, which is when a baddie will get me.
5) The rooftop environments are kind of repetitive. It could be nice to have another street level area like Regent's just to break it up a little. I read that the Palace isn't used? Bummer. That could be really cool.

Things I don't think should change:

1) It's not too difficult; it's just right. Hard, but not impossible. At least, not yet. I haven't quite finished the world.
2) The graphics or the music. They are perfect. Some of the dog's faces are unbelievably good, like the guard in front of the palace. If the music is an annoyance, it can be turned off by the player.
3) The length. I would say it's probably more the needless battles than it is the length of the quest track that are annoying people. Fix that, and it will probably be fine.
4) The transporters help A LOT. Thank you for adding them.

So, basically, Marleybone is great! Just these few minor tweaks would make the world MUCH more bearable.

I really appreciate that KI is thinking about this, and that you've taken the step to ask your users for input.

Thanks for a great game.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
well ya all of these are true and btw with the bosses they drop only like robes that are nm great like they dont give enough health and nm resists and boosts so um idk how to end this but ty

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I personally think that MB is becoming too easy. Before all the updates you didn't have teleport switches and the henchmen. Also, the enemies walked around where the sidewalks should be. This is what made MB unique. It took me at least five times going into the middle of the streets to realize that it was changed. And yes you can say, you don't have to use any of the knew stuff, its just there for people who want to use it. However, that allows people to go through faster than others and players who have played longer will soon use it just to keep up with everyone else, and this is happening on all the worlds. Anyway, my point is that MB has lost its level of fun because it lost its level of uniqueness and difficulty making it just another world on the spiral.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2009
The dongeons in Marlybone are very annoying, and its very difficult to navigate to places even outside of a dongeon. Katzensteins lab seems to be the worst because of the clockworks drawing you into battle. And each place is far o repetetive and gloomy and it drives players insane going through all these problems.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
In my opinion i think MB is great the way it is. It offers many challanges that only prepares you for the later levels and here in MB is where i find you can really find your more permanant companions that will more than likely be with you through out the rest of the game.
My only real complaint would have to be about Kensington Park. What frustrates me the most about it is all the robots that are in there DO NOT count towards the golem badge for some reason. i went in there with 90/200 and came out with a count of 90/200. Even though i earned my areonautic badge and my Master of Machines badge from there i would have loved to have gained more golems towards my golem badges. I also think that the Master of Machines badge should be earned only after you have defeated that crazed potbellied stove on two legs the second time, other wise give something really good at the end to encourage players to keep going all the way to the end.

thanks for listening.

Chris Swiftwraith - lvl 50 Death
Chris Legendfinder - lvl 50 Balance
Chris Thunderbane - lvl 50 Life
Chris Wildflame - lvl 37 Fire
Chris Frogcatcher - lvl 36 Storm
Chris Moonrider - lvl 35 Myth

see a pattern? :-) p.s. please raise the lvl cap or add more seats the the class room before i max all my guys!! Thanks again.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Sorry about the incorrect wording and spelling in my first version, so here's an edited version.

I personally think that MB is becoming too easy. Before all the updates you didn't have any teleport switches and the henchmen. You actually had to fight and play the game, not just let npcs do the work for you.
Also, the enemies walked around where the sidewalks should be. This is what made MB unique. It took me at least five times of going into the middle of the streets to realize that you had changed it. And yes you can say, you don't have to use any of the new stuff, it's just there for people who want to use it. However, that allows people to go through faster than others and veteran players will soon use it just to keep up with everyone else, and this is happening to every world. Anyway, my point is that MB has lost its level of fun because it lost its level of uniqueness and difficulty making it just another world on the spiral.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2008
The big thing about marleybone that bugs me is that you get all of the side quests to kill 8 of some kind of creature or something like that, also it is difficult to get to some of the chests without getting drawn into battle.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
its OK but its really hard not to get in a battle. its too dark in needs to be dark and light :(

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

The hardest thind about MB is that it is ALWAYS freezing i went to eat dinner then cleaned up the dishes and it was STILL frozen! I think that the owner should make an account and go there to see how much it freezes

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
I think that MB is too hard and that the biggest issue is the clockworks in Chelsea Court and Katzenstein's lab and i want to get to mooshu so badly and that mooshu is WAY easier than Katz. Lab :( :( :( :( :(

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
I have a lvl 31 Storm wizard who is currently in Marleybone actually. So obviously, he doesn't have too much health like my first wizard (Victoria Darktalon, lvl 50 Ice) did when she was there. I get caught in a battle a lot in Marleybone, which gets me close to getting killed all the time.

I wish it wasn't so hard to avoid a battle. I'd have an easier time then. :D

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
I agree that the NPCs in Marleybone are very bland and repetitive. Some new breeds of dog would be nice to see!

Also, in the era of Sherlock Holmes (or Bones!) it was horse-and-buggy days, not cars. Some horses would be nice to see in town, imo, pulling hansom cabs or whatever.

I also don't like the back and forth quests, they're redundant and boring.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
Humm this wasnt a EASY world kinda like MooShu (In my opinioin, yes Mooshu is easy ;D) But it was still fun, this was where the monsters got more stronger. Also I noticed these dungeons are super hard and that park thing in Digmore Station IS SUPER ANNOYING! I been stuck there for a while and my friends beat it with two GrandMaster (THEY ARE ALSO GRANDS!) and it still took them forver. I like MarleyBone other than the dungeons really, its one of the coolest looking worlds with lots of detal in it. I think you did good with it but you made the dungeons super hard! (Like the park place and CounterWeights and BigBen)

~~~~Alex DragonEyes-GrandMaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

i thin that once again it is way to hard to nagigate.

BUT,

the BEST part of MB is that it has some of the best reagents you can find! i get up at 4:00 AM for reagent hunts!!!!

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I think of all of these flaws when I go to Marleybone and do some quests:

1. Whenever you are doing a quest in Hyde Park, Chelsea Court, Knights Court, Ironworks, etc. You Always get pulled off the sidewalks and it gets really annoying. :?

2. Sometimes during quests, you have to go multiple places. Example: If you have a quest in Hyde Park, and then you finish it, then you might have to go to Chelsea Court. This gets really annoying and it has to do with number 1. :?

These are some things that get really annoying during quests. I hope you fix them...

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
giraffesman3705 wrote:
itachi448 wrote:
i think marlybone is to long, and too dark.

i agree with you! but i think its too dark and gloomy. sort of like a bit depressing. when i played marleybone, i dreaded and still do every area. its so dark and gloomy. if anything, you should make MB different from the other worlds, by making the world be able to actually change from day to night!

that would be cool to see the world change day to night

Delver
May 04, 2009
The game lags so much in Marleybone. It starts when I come through the spiral door. Whenever I change locations and see the loading screen, it lags so bad. Sometimes I have been able to count slowly to 60 before the loading screen changes to the new location. This only happens to me in Marleybone.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Having to obtain a new ticket every time I want to go to Chelsea Court, Hyde Park, or the Ironworks (haven't tried Kensington yet, but that would go in the list, too). It does add slightly to the immersion into the environment of the game, but if you have to go back and forth between a couple areas (like a few of the side quests require), it can get annoying.

For people having issues with the graphics, have you been to Mooshu yet? I don't notice a problem with Marleybone, but the bamboo forests of Mooshu slow my computer down just enough to be noticeable.