Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why am I crafting again?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
I am a grandmaster. I can't level up anymore. I get no experience from this. It takes forever to find the reagents. (Thank you KI for the changes there, aka: lower amount of crafts needed, and more reagents available) I have made it to the DS crafting part, gave up until the changes were made. Now I am still in the same predicament...I made the first rings, turned them in and now...Well, I have to go make 2 coats. No idea what school they are from, who is selling the recipe, what realm they are in, and please remind me why I am bothering with this tedious task?
Please, I beg you, listen to some of the messages I have read. Give us a clue. These vendors don't show up on the map, still no clue who sells what and I don't want to spend the next 2 months until my subscription runs out trying to find out who has what recipe and running around all over 6 worlds and 100 different areas just to find one person not marked on any map.
If and when this part of the quest is done, I think I will decline further crafting, zero out the quest and move on to something better.
I would like to become the master crafter, but it just isn't worth the run around.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
witchiepoo wrote:
I am a grandmaster. I can't level up anymore. I get no experience from this. It takes forever to find the reagents. (Thank you KI for the changes there, aka: lower amount of crafts needed, and more reagents available) I have made it to the DS crafting part, gave up until the changes were made. Now I am still in the same predicament...I made the first rings, turned them in and now...Well, I have to go make 2 coats. No idea what school they are from, who is selling the recipe, what realm they are in, and please remind me why I am bothering with this tedious task?
Please, I beg you, listen to some of the messages I have read. Give us a clue. These vendors don't show up on the map, still no clue who sells what and I don't want to spend the next 2 months until my subscription runs out trying to find out who has what recipe and running around all over 6 worlds and 100 different areas just to find one person not marked on any map.
If and when this part of the quest is done, I think I will decline further crafting, zero out the quest and move on to something better.
I would like to become the master crafter, but it just isn't worth the run around.

Most of the boards asking about the second DS crafting quest clearly state that it can be found at your school's recipe vendor in MS. Point two, it takes less than two months to do the entire game to GM, so I think poking around would be less than that. Third, as you know, there are links to fan sites to the left of this screen, one of them, Wizard101 Central, has a very good crafting board with cheats. Need any other help with your homework?

Explorer
Sep 09, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
witchiepoo wrote:

Most of the boards asking about the second DS crafting quest clearly state that it can be found at your school's recipe vendor in MS. Point two, it takes less than two months to do the entire game to GM, so I think poking around would be less than that. Third, as you know, there are links to fan sites to the left of this screen, one of them, Wizard101 Central, has a very good crafting board with cheats. Need any other help with your homework?

Point one: You can never make a profit from crafting. You do get a nice badge though. Interesting that you can now have 999 of each regeant,
not that you need that big of a number for black pearl, but the bazaar
still is at the 100 limit, making the price for COMMON regeants (at 100
count) cost more then the price from a vendor. Forget crafting clothing
for personal use, by the time you can do it you don't need it anymore.
Besides, everyone knows crowns get you the good stuff. Now, you can
craft a couple of chairs and a banner for your house and they cost almost
as much as the purchase price of the house to make.

Point two: If you can make Grand Master in two months, it makes it pointless to buy either a montly or yearly subscription, doesn't it?
I don't know how many Grand Masters I saw in Wizard City square
holding a sign that read "Need Help?" or "Will kill your boss monsters
for black pearl".

Point three: There should be no need to do "homework". If you have to
go looking "Out of Game" to get play directions of what to do next or where
to go or what you need to complete quests then that is a shortcoming of the game. That's like a baseball coach saying "Go down to the library and read up
on how to throw a curve ball.".

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Awgeewhiz wrote:
Point two: If you can make Grand Master in two months, it makes it pointless to buy either a montly or yearly subscription, doesn't it?
Point three: There should be no need to do "homework". If you have to
go looking "Out of Game" to get play directions of what to do next or where
to go or what you need to complete quests then that is a shortcoming of the game. That's like a baseball coach saying "Go down to the library and read up
on how to throw a curve ball.".

By my math 6 characters at 2 months each makes for a nice rounded year. Unless you want to run only one character, then go monthly.

I never said you should use the posted cheats just that they were there. I found Wizard101 central after I went through the game the first time, and enjoy reading other ideas and styles. But, if you do need help, and some might, it isn't a bad reference site. (And by the way, if that baseball coach doesn't go to his personal library and get reference materials, like films of curveball pitchers throughout the years, in addition to personal instruction, s/he isn't doing as good a job as possible.)

Survivor
May 17, 2009
One thing I have seen asked many times, but have never seen an official answer from admin is: "Why do some of the general recipes require treasure cards?" A more specific example would be the carousel which requires 8 Earthquake treasure cards. My grandmaster is a pyromancer, and I discovered that I cannot craft the cards needed for this recipe since they are from the myth school. It is too high of a level to be sold in the card shops, and I have yet to see it in the bazaar. I really don't want to be one of those people running around the commons begging for treasure cards, but how else am I going to be able to craft the carousel? I spent all that time finishing the crafting quests just so I could make some really cool items for my house. I should be able to gather the reagents or craft them myself to make this item, especially if I am going to spend 40,000 gold on the recipe. The carousel is not the only item like this, so I really think something needs to be done about the situation. What is the point in being a Master Artisan if I can't make all the general recipes on my own?

Can we please get some kind of acknowledgement from K.I. that they have heard the many people who have already spoken up about this?

If you want to keep the availability of the treasure card recipes for only students of the card's school, that is fine. I can understand the use of treasure cards being used in the recipes for school specific items, but not items that every wizard can use (housing items and non-school specific items).