Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade Oni Pet

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Hello:

Just a point of clarification. I thought all Balance School spells ran 85% and the Jade Oni Pet Card reads 75%. Is this a typo or is it accurate? I know the Black Cat Pet level 1 monter card (my death character's) is at 100%. I am just confused.

Thanks for the response,
John SunHunter

Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
I agree with the jade Oni pet thing. Why make it at 75% when balance is 85%!
The black cat 100% is a good thing, so why complain about that.

Paul Ledgend Weaver Lv 50 Balance
Flint Ice Walker Lv 45 Ice
Paul Storm Wielder Lv 13 storm
Paul Shadow Rider Lv 6 fire

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Metzlerjc wrote:
Hello:

Just a point of clarification. I thought all Balance School spells ran 85% and the Jade Oni Pet Card reads 75%. Is this a typo or is it accurate? I know the Black Cat Pet level 1 monster card (my death character's) is at 100%. I am just confused.

Thanks for the response,
John SunHunter

It is not a mistake; special spells like pet spells often have non-typical stats, since any wizard regardless of level or school will be using it. So to balance (no allusion intended) things out they change the stats to what they feel is appropriate. (Such as Firezilla: only four pips, high damage, but only 70% accurate.)

Fallon Moonrunner, Grandmaster Ice

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
pkcahill645 wrote:
The black cat 100% is a good thing, so why complain about that.

Paul Ledgend Weaver Lv 50 Balance
Flint Ice Walker Lv 45 Ice
Paul Storm Wielder Lv 13 storm
Paul Shadow Rider Lv 6 fire

I was not complaining but, showing a change on two pet monsters. I needed to understand the intent. The Black Cat is one really good card. Now I understand why the EarthWalker Pet cost 10800 crowns (around $25) for my life character.

John SunHunter Level 30 Balance
John WildWalker Level 39 Life
Charles TitanBreaker Level 50 Storm
Charles FireHammer Level 31 Fire
John SoulThief Level 20 Death
Charles FrostHammer Level 18 Ice

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
actually firezilla falls more under the category of "mutate". The base spell was Stormzilla, so if you had the treasure card "Mutate Firezilla" (if one exists) you would use it on Stormzilla, changing it to Fire but it still retains its original stats (just like the other Mutates)

In most cases another school has the original spell, and most variations of it keep the standard stats (applying extra damage or accuracy for it being a spell from equipment).

Jade Oni spell is probably just Helephant (fire school which i believe has a 75% on most spells) and they changed the school to balance.

As far as the Black Cat spell with 100% accuracy I couldnt make a judgement other then that probably got boosted accuracy and no extra damage from Fire Cat.