Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ambrose's element?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
iop777 wrote:
lookthat1 wrote:
Well every professor focusses in one element. I was wondering which one Ambrose uses. I think that he can use most of the spells there is and maybe even some neve before seen ones. What if he knows an eighth element!? What do you guys think?

Or maybe he doesn't know an eighth element! Get real. Think about the spells that your using right now. Ice, fire, myth, life, etc. Ice is simply a compound of hydrogen and oxygen in a frozen state. Fire is heat and light energy caused from a chain reaction of a fuel, oxygen, and heat energy. Myth isn't even an element, it is just a non-proven fact which is thought to be true by the stories spoken of it. Life is just a state of any organism. None of the spells used include any such element. If Ambrose had an elemental spell, it would be the first element not the eighth. A better way of specifying the spells would be as magical ____ card. For example, you might say you have a powerful magical ice card. But yeah, my opinion of Ambrose having an eighth type of magical card is that he doesn't. He probably just uses life or balance cards based on his level of intellect, leadership, and friendliness. Life or balance would keep him balanced, and leaders have to be balanced.
Thank you lord dorky nerd

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You may find this post interesting:

HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Oh, my! That was a bit long winded, and I seem to have lost my train of thought. What was your question, again?

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/2471.ftl
I WAS RIGHT HE IS A MAGE! mages work on mastering every school even ones average magic users would die from using the magic and strength it would take! i was right!

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
GraceRainbow wrote:
John23 wrote:
Lol.Very funny guesses....i would say hes in on malistares plan and he just wants you to run into malistare...lol :D

Then why would he save you from Malistare in the new intro and summon you into Wizard City?

I think is the Myth teacher who is up to no good
Imposssible. malistare, cyrus and ambrose where all in the same place together at once.

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
IxionInc wrote:
Master Ambrose has no element, yet he has one perfect one, Nova, the power to form all the elements together without dispelling any of them, the abillity to control time and space, an ultimate form of magic that is only given to those of the highest calibur. (or those with the longest beards)
same thing as a mage his rank is blue

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
race101 wrote:
i am back. i have read some of you guys messages. HOW RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Abrose is not a poser!he never was! i would just say from my last post that he was born with powers!!! And how dare you call amrose a poser!! he is a sweet loving headmaster and you should treat him with respect!

now... that i have calmed down a bit.. amrose was probably born with these powes maybe he didn't have to go to school.IF he did he would have probably have choosen balance

And again how rude to call abrose a poser! you should feel sorry!

Sorry i think a got alittle crazy...but it is true!
yup your right. its true that your crazy. the poser part was rude and people for the last time he is a MAGE!

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
luna0616 wrote:
drago529 wrote:
lookthat1 wrote:
Well every professor focusses in one element. I was wondering which one Ambrose uses. I think that he can use most of the spells there is and maybe even some neve before seen ones. What if he knows an eighth element!? What do you guys think?
i think balance a little bit of every thing he probably is
Balance IS everything...Because i am one and i read about it carefully and it said balance is a little bit of everything, i was overjoyed about that. besides death. :)
hey dont go saying balance is the best! the great spirit schools created balance! read the history of the spiral. the elements were fighting then bartelby sung the spirits into the fight and then myth took down fire, death took down ice, and life took down the strongest and hardest, storm. when that didnt fully work, life put the elements into a great slumber, then when the spirits joined together, they created balance. the school of sorcery and spirits. death myth and life became the spiritual school and there was finally peace.

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
achilles975 wrote:
Guys Merle Ambrose used to be a myth teacher!!!!
But then before Malistaire grew wicked and insane Merle was the Myth Professeur! Cyrus Drake and Malistaire are Twin Brothers. Malistaire was good before he turned evil! The two learned spells everyday! Malistaire learned from the Death School and Cyrus learned from the Myth School. Merle was the Myth Teacher and Dworgyn was the Death Teacher. When Malistaire grew up he became the Death Teacher with Dworgyn as his assitant! Merle was promoted to headmaster while Cyrus became Myth Teacher.
Malistaire fell and love and married Sylvia Drake (I think thats how you spell her name). Sylvia Drake became the Life teacher but then had a terrible disease! Sylvia died which made Malistaire angry and went crazy! Malistaire grew wicked and threw his school into the nightside. Cyrus was dissapointed in his brother and became very grumpy and sad. Malistaire left Wizard City causing great destruction to all the worlds in the spiral (Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre).
Malistaire tries to bring back the love of his life but fails. Cyrus is grumpy because of the loss of his brother. However, Cyrus has sadness in his heart. Cyrus will guide you to around Dragonspyre to face Malistaire. Its up to you now to defeat and save Cyrus' Brother from pure evil!
not fully right but good story! :-)

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
Sakura641 wrote:
aviator2 wrote:
Ughhhhhh...... I read this whole thread and its PAINFUL. Ambrose is a master of every school of magic; he doesn't belong to one more than any other. However, as Fire, Ice, and Storm form one triangle and Death, Life, and Myth form another, our Headmaster is studying a third triangle consisting of three more schools: Sun, Moon, and Star. Please stop trying to place him into one school or another just because of how he looks.

I'd have to agree with that. Master of every school and studying 3 more of sun moon and star. Maybe thats why he always tells US to do the saving the spiral stuff cause he is busy studying......or something like that.
xD! thats funny a 5000 year old, give or take a few, is in school still! but i agree

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

I think your right, Ambrose doesnt do magic, he just dresses up like a wizard and says "Hey, you there, new wizard person, I cant seem to take the evil lord myself, and I know you are much younger and less exprienced then me, but, I want YOU to go take down the evil lord for me, k thanks."

lol it is funny if you put it that way.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
Ambrose is a myth type

1- You can tell by his staff
2- Clothing
3- Well his pet is an owl :P

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
Survivor
May 11, 2010
marcito10 wrote:
Ambrose is a myth type

1- You can tell by his staff
2- Clothing
3- Well his pet is an owl :P
Who's says he is myth just like that. For one anyone can have a myth staff or sword. Two, he is in blue!
I mean blue looks more ice like then myth. And three how does a owl equal myth?!!?

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010

Or maybe he doesn't know an eighth element! Get real. Think about the spells that your using right now. Ice, fire, myth, life, etc. Ice is simply a compound of hydrogen and oxygen in a frozen state. Fire is heat and light energy caused from a chain reaction of a fuel, oxygen, and heat energy. Myth isn't even an element, it is just a non-proven fact which is thought to be true by the stories spoken of it. Life is just a state of any organism. None of the spells used include any such element. If Ambrose had an elemental spell, it would be the first element not the eighth. A better way of specifying the spells would be as magical ____ card. For example, you might say you have a powerful magical ice card. But yeah, my opinion of Ambrose having an eighth type of magical card is that he doesn't. He probably just uses life or balance cards based on his level of intellect, leadership, and friendliness. Life or balance would keep him balanced, and leaders have to be balanced.
Holy smokes, this guy is SO fussy

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
I believe i heard somewhere, idk where exactly though, that Ambrose was learning the magic of Astral. This is like a hole new triangle of spells which im not sure of. If anyone knows what im talking about plz post a reply,

I have NO idea if he is though!! :? :?

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
pckls wrote:
maybe he could be storm... he looks like one... or life or death... why would malister want to destroy him?

other: do you think malistare might be the myth teacher in disquise? he is always acting so negativly and has no actual proof he can use myth.

I think that Malister is Death he was the death school teacher.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
gswift7 wrote:
Perhaps he's merely an administrator and likes to dress up in wizard clothes because the look cool. :)

Well if u remeber your tutorial (if u took it) Merle Teleports to his office using magic. So he is not a fake. But that dosn't give us a hint of what school hes in.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
Am i the only one who thinks Merle Ambrose bares a striking resemblence to Dumbledore?

Defender
May 16, 2009
He could have fused all the elements together to make an eighth element for himself, which us students cannot control, due to its power.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
merlinda123 wrote:
pckls wrote:
maybe he could be storm... he looks like one... or life or death... why would malister want to destroy him?

other: do you think malistare might be the myth teacher in disquise? he is always acting so negativly and has no actual proof he can use myth.

I think that Malister is Death he was the death school teacher.

Malister is death. If you go on you tube people have videos of themselves defeating him and he has the little skull after his name.