Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Farming.!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
Can someone explain it to me.... I fought ALICANE SWIFTARROW for the
ShortBlade of the Quick .. No Luck at all!! I fought him 10 times in a row.. What am I doing wrong..

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
Delver
Jul 30, 2009
generalzorn wrote:
Can someone explain it to me.... I fought ALICANE SWIFTARROW for the
ShortBlade of the Quick .. No Luck at all!! I fought him 10 times in a row.. What am I doing wrong..

You're doing nothing wrong. Sometimes it takes several attempts to get a specific item, sometimes not. Keep at it and you will get it. In the meantime, you can always sell the items you don't want for gold or put them in your shared bank for your other characters (unless the item is marked 'no trade').

Delver
May 29, 2009
Your expectations are too high. You do not get special items from any boss just because you fight them a couple of times. I spent an entire weekend fighting him just to get the sprite, Swiftarrow Staff (balance), and the Alicane Staff (fire). My balance character and a friend fought him and I got four sprites while she didn't get any. It's the luck of the draw (drop).

Sometimes you are lucky and get what you want after a few tries but most of the time you won't. You just have be determined and patient.

Good luck!

Alura Hexcaster Master Sorceress

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I have been trieng to farm the hoarder for the shockblade of the hoarder(its a sword wand) and i havent got any luck i am a grandmaster storm and i have been wondering do i have to be beetween level 1 through 49 to get the wand because it says level 45 and up so just wondering,anyone tell me how to get the wand.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
I fought Ivan Soulsinger just over 50 times for my Death Sword. You can't complain about 10 times or something low like that. Chances are you'll have to fight him many more times before you get what you want.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
Rizzy07 wrote:
I have been trieng to farm the hoarder for the shockblade of the hoarder(its a sword wand) and i havent got any luck i am a grandmaster storm and i have been wondering do i have to be beetween level 1 through 49 to get the wand because it says level 45 and up so just wondering,anyone tell me how to get the wand.

No you don't Rizzy. Just keep at it and you'll get it eventually. Also, it might be a bit easier on you if you try not to get any of those storm people. I was a Grandmaster Diviner when I was farming the Hoarder for my Shockblade. Took a few days, but I got it eventually :)