Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Necro / Life Wiz needs advice on Training Pts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Hey all. I'm a level 32 Necro and I have been taking Life spells as my second school for use against death opponents. I have all the Death and Life Spells up to this level but I still have 3 training points left. I have no idea what to use them for.

What would be a good choice for a third school? Any schools have useful low level spells? Are there special spells sold outside wizard city that would be useful?

I really try to stick with mostly death spells since you can only use power pips for your own school but if there are some good zero pip shields or other useful spells that would be great too.

Thanks for any advice.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Maybe consider balance. It offers protection against shields against other schools.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Do you have the balance spells (from Niles the Balance Tree):

Spirit Trap (lvl 20)
Spirit Blade (lvl 25) ?

Spirit Blade costs 1 pip, and gives blades for Death, Life and Myth.
Spirit Trap costs 1 pip, and gives traps for Death, Life and Myth.

These are two great spells that work with your choice of schools.

Also from the secret vendor in WC:

Life Trap
Reshuffle

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions. I checked all those vendors and didn't see anything I thought I would really use unless I'm missing something.

Spirit Trap / Blade is weaker then the Death versions and costs 1 pip vs 0. I suppose if they stack it could be useful to have +40% from Death Blade and +35% from Spirit Blade on top of that at a total cost of only 1 pip. Can you use both spells together for a total +75% damage?

Is reshuffle useful? I can't imagine I would use that.

I would love to get the Tower Shield spell, can that one be purchased with training points or is it only for one school?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
stesergio wrote:
Spirit Trap / Blade is weaker then the Death versions and costs 1 pip vs 0. I suppose if they stack it could be useful to have +40% from Death Blade and +35% from Spirit Blade on top of that at a total cost of only 1 pip. Can you use both spells together for a total +75% damage?
I would love to get the Tower Shield spell, can that one be purchased with training points or is it only for one school?

The Spirit Blade/Trap can stack, and though weaker, gives you boosts for the life spells. Think of a Vampire spell firing, death blade, then spirit blade (death), the feint, curse, death trap, spirit trap (death)...about a 2000 hit (without the two spirit spells it would be about 1300). You would also boost your Life spells by about +60% (for free) and with a Amulet of Eyes, that spell by ~60% for free.

You never know how much you need a reshuffle until you run out of cards :)

Tower is a good way to go for a third school.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
stesergio wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I checked all those vendors and didn't see anything I thought I would really use unless I'm missing something.

You definitely want Spirit Trap and Spirit Blade as they are indeed stackable with you Death Trap and Blade (and the Blades together actually do +89% damage as the bonuses multiply).

Reshuffle is also a good spell to have in your deck. You won't need it often; but, when you do, you'll be glad it's there.

Tower shield is also a great spell to have but you have to have 5 training point to spend on Ice School spells to get it.

My Death Grandmaster has Life up to Satyr, Ice up to Tower Shield, Reshuffle, Spirit Trap, and Spirit Blade (from Balance) and three Training Point left over that I've kept on hold for later usage (although I have been tempted to use them for Balance up to Weakness or grabbing specific school based shields from the Fairegounds.)

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
This is great advice, thanks. Looks like I will be heading out to get Spirit Blade/Trap now. I appreciate the tips.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
stesergio wrote:
Hey all. I'm a level 32 Necro and I have been taking Life spells as my second school for use against death opponents. I have all the Death and Life Spells up to this level but I still have 3 training points left. I have no idea what to use them for.

What would be a good choice for a third school? Any schools have useful low level spells? Are there special spells sold outside wizard city that would be useful?

I really try to stick with mostly death spells since you can only use power pips for your own school but if there are some good zero pip shields or other useful spells that would be great too.

Thanks for any advice.
I wold go with storm

Survivor
May 06, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:

The Spirit Blade/Trap can stack, and though weaker, gives you boosts for the life spells. Think of a Vampire spell firing, death blade, then spirit blade (death), the feint, curse, death trap, spirit trap (death)...about a 2000 hit (without the two spirit spells it would be about 1300). You would also boost your Life spells by about +60% (for free) and with a Amulet of Eyes, that spell by ~60% for free.

You never know how much you need a reshuffle until you run out of cards :)

Tower is a good way to go for a third school.

This is exactly what I did with my Death/Life wizard. Spirit Blade/Trap, Tower Shield and when I get my next point it will go to reshuffle. I also used one point on Storm Shield which comes in handy.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
I am a Death wizard as well, but I am a new player. I am having trouble figuring out which second class to take... I really want a multihit card, but i read somewhere that you can't use pips with other classes? So if I get 7 points in say Balance... I can't use cards that require pips?

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Ralskie wrote:
I am a Death wizard as well, but I am a new player. I am having trouble figuring out which second class to take... I really want a multihit card, but i read somewhere that you can't use pips with other classes? So if I get 7 points in say Balance... I can't use cards that require pips?

It all depends on what you want to do with your wizard; pvp or questing.
Also, with other classes, your power pips won't count toward classes that aren't relevant to yours. If you were to use Hydra it would take 6 (I think Hydra is a 6 pip spell, not sure) of your pips, power pips or not.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Ralskie wrote:

Death gets an awesome multi-attack, but you have to wait till level 48. My suggestion is that you go myth or life as a second. Myth is nice as you get myth trap and a myth trap pendant is easy to get. At level 25 you can buy spirit blade, that gives you a boost to your frog multi...and note, vs a single foe cyclopes is as good as a frog but one pip cheaper.