Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible Bug with summoned henchmen?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
While questing on my 27 Myth Wizard in Vigrid Roughland this morning, I had a situation where another wizard joined a battle early on, brought a 3rd monster into a fight, then fled the next turn. I figured this would be a good chance to put the 'Henchmen' feature to the test and summoned a Level 30 Life Henchman to assist with the battle...specificly I was thinking "it can help to keep me alive". During the battle (probably 10-15 turns?), the life henchman cast 0 healing spells. During this battle, I was brought low on health (maybe 7-10 turns in), was knocked out (maybe turn 10-12), and then watched the henchman finish the one remaining enemy (3-5 more turns)

It is nice to see a Life wizard act agressive, but from my experience, a life wizard balances some attacks but focuses on keeping the party alive. It concerns me that the AI did not attempt to do this. I wonder if the life wizard henchman has no healing cards, or will only heal themselves (no heals were cast by it...so I am not sure). I suppose there is a small chance that the henchman did not have any healing cards in their available choices, but in 10-15 turns I would expect at least 1 healing card to come up for a life wizard.

Has anyone else utilized a henchman - specifically a life henchman? How did it act? Did it heal? Did it heal anyone other than itself?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Edit to Add: Forgot to mention: I did submit this as a bug report separately...I was just interested in asking the community if they are having similar issues, or if what I encountered (with the henchmen specifically) was an anomaly.

Community Leader
Yeah, I found that out early on. The Life Henchmen don't seem to heal at all.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
sorry for you, but your post has helped me to know to never use that one.

Why is the henchmen fight like they have unlimited pips AND don't care about the other players? this is about as far from real as it gets!

Delver
May 04, 2009
I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but at first I thought that the life henchman would help with healing too. But then when I read the description of the henchman, it seems like it's just another "wizard", and not acting like the life "minnion" that we used to summon. The life minnion seems to focus on healing spells and only casts an occasional power spell. Now I look at the henchman as another player who will play the game like me, not necessarily as my healer. Just my own thoughts on the henchman. Hope it helps.
Jasmine Stormwalker

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
Hey how can you get the henchmen? I have tried to find how to unlock it or get it. How do you get one? or unlock one?

Administrator
Henchmen can only be hired while you're in a duel.
retteiser wrote:
Hey how can you get the henchmen? I have tried to find how to unlock it or get it. How do you get one? or unlock one?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
get the level 50 it will heal.

Tatiana Dreampetal level 30 Magus fire goddess

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
Hollen1233 wrote:
I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but at first I thought that the life henchman would help with healing too. But then when I read the description of the henchman, it seems like it's just another "wizard", and not acting like the life "minnion" that we used to summon. The life minnion seems to focus on healing spells and only casts an occasional power spell. Now I look at the henchman as another player who will play the game like me, not necessarily as my healer. Just my own thoughts on the henchman. Hope it helps.
Jasmine Stormwalker

I Have a lvl 50 life and all along the quest lines for life we are guided to heal then kill. I have made other wizards that don't have allot of healing skills themselves like Myth and Balance. I don't like that the life henchman are not the same I have died because they will not heal me and I stay in battle not fleeing thinking they might just heal me but don't and kill the mob and I'm sent back to the commons and the fight dosn't count. I was a bit peeved when it was the instance for the plague Oni and I had paid out for 2 Henchman and then had to do the instance again..... I reported it as a bug but then put it as a sagestion.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
hannahbanana79 wrote:
get the level 50 it will heal.

Tatiana Dreampetal level 30 Magus fire goddess

Ummm no tried that, tried all the lvl life henchman and not one of they will heal
there a waste of money. better off getting a balance or myth henchman in my experience