Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seriously Disgusted with KingsIsle Greed!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
As a subscriber that is already paying monthly I am absolutely disgusted at the greed of Kingsisle.
All the mounts offered, NOT ONE, NOT ONE, can be purchased with in-game money. EVERY single one wants more money in the way of purchasing crowns.
When does the greed stop? There should be at least ONE offered to subscribers to be bought with in game dollars.
I am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription, I'm so disgusted

Bourbs

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
You are mistaken. I bought a horse today with in game gold. The display only shows crowns, but you can toggle between crowns and gold.
Try this:
Click on one of them, any one, and in the lower right side of the screen, you'll see what it costs. Click on the gold tab and the entire menu for mounts changes to gold instead of crowns.

Chase FireHammer

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Actually, all 7 day rental and permenant purchases of mounts are available for in-game coins as well as crowns. To get the coin price, you have to click the 'gold' tab in that lower right hand box where you make your purchase.

As well as all the other items sold in the new crown store feature, also provide a coin price using the same method.

Be forewarned though...They don't come cheap in-game coin wise either.

7 day rentals cost between 10,000-30,000 in-game coins. Permenant purchase costs 50,000-90,000 in-game coins.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Incorrect. ALL mounts can be purchased with in game gold... 50K to 90K

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Last I checked, ALL the mounts were available for gold. Did you click the 'gold' tab on the right?

Survivor
May 14, 2009
bourbs,

All of the mounts can be purchased with in-game gold. You just have to hit the 'gold' tab over on the right hand side of the screen. They are quite expensive but they are able to be purchased without crowns. Almost nothing else that they introduced can be which is a little upsetting.

Community Leader
*ahem*

Actually, ALL the mounts can be bought with gold. You just have to click that tab in the Crown Store. Lower right hand corner of the menu. Can't miss it, if you look.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You are wrong. All of the mounts, and even the elixirs, can be purchased with in-game gold.

If you spent half the amount of time looking at the SHOP options as you did posting this EXACT word-for-word complaint in three different topics you might have actually found this out yourself.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2008
I haven't been in game sisnce the update but what about the patch notes?
they say... One day rentals may be purchased with in-game gold
Seven day rentals and permanent Wizard Mounts may be purchased with in-game gold or Crowns

Is there really no way to get a mount without crowns?

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Having saved 50K as an adult for one of the fortress...I can say it takes months of game play to get to this goal without spending one piece of gold on other items....as an adult..yes, this can be tolerated...but similar to the crafting goals being unrealistic...these are also VERY unrealistic for children. My son was absolutely bereft. I can tell you that last night he logged off Wizards and onto Free Realms because on there he can try things for FREE. He was so disgusted and upset...and I don't blame him.

Someone should do the math on how many hours of game play it would take an average 9 year old to get one of these...and soon you will see...not only is the amount of game play extremely absurd for what a kid should be doing on a daily basis...but it will become apparent that the game designers are not considering families, appropriate game play time, or what is realistic for kids in their planning...it does just boil down to greed.

i hope this gets published...as my first two posts have been "moderated". I am saving a copy of this post and if it is not released onto the forums, will post it on every gaming forum I can find.

Mary K.

Defender
May 08, 2009
Sometimes i feel suscribers get the short end of the stick.Crown players nearly everything in this update.(Ya, i know you can buy it with gold.)They also get rare in game items, areas forever and i am just getting started.While suscribers get the message boards,all the areas temporarly, and....Oh ya, thats it.Just consider letting suscribers get something that crown players don't have.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Well you are absolutely wrong. I had lots of in game gold and i bought a mount with it.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I think they should be like 10k- 50k for gold. they are WAY too expensive. maybe the should be the price of house, or even a bit more. but 50,000?
That is way too much.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
HELLO! You guys are TOTALLY off track! You are spending more time commenting how you CAN buy mounts with gold that you arent focusing on the greed! EVERYTHING IS CROWNS, HENCHMAN NEED CROWNS, GIFTING NEEDS CROWNS, EVERYTHING IS CROWNS. Even worse! Most people are paying subscriptions! WHAT IS THE POINT OF BUYING CROWNS. I JUST HOPE KingsIsle Takes a look at that

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
My boyfriend made a good point...they need to make prices relative...I mean in the real world a car costs a fraction of a house...how is it that these things that move the characters around cost more than a house!!??? My son is on Free Realms right now....he rented a broom earlier, but was disgusted to find that they have scaled the speed slower than those who purchase...someone has just let their idea of features for funds go a little too crazy here....sad.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
Just an FYI: If you know how to hunt properly you can get 50,000 gold in less than a week of casual play. If I put my mind to it I can farm about 50K in around 8-10 hours of play.

Not bad for a mount. Very reasonable.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
This is one of those fun times when everyone is right. When the update first came out, the coins option was disabled. However it has been returned to the shop now.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
bourbs wrote:
As a subscriber that is already paying monthly I am absolutely disgusted at the greed of Kingsisle.
All the mounts offered, NOT ONE, NOT ONE, can be purchased with in-game money. EVERY single one wants more money in the way of purchasing crowns.
When does the greed stop? There should be at least ONE offered to subscribers to be bought with in game dollars.
I am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription, I'm so disgusted

Bourbs
if you noticed there a small tab that says GOLD in the shop on the top left cornor of you're screen. they cost from i believe 10K to 90K(for perm or 7day.)
Zeke sells mounts for 2,000 gold but there 1 day only(my suggestion go with Zeke)

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
O THANK GOODNESS! i was worried i would have to beg my parents for more crowns but i can buy them with gold not the dumb ONE DAY rental but forever

p.s. can anyone lone me 50k-90k gold