Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea for new Spell Ideas: Get Creative

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
I see all these posts for "new spell ideas" and it seems to me that they are all the same. Just more damage and different names.

come on guys, get creative. a spell (or anything for that matter) does not have to be the biggest or most pips to make it cool or neat or nifty (did i just give away my age ) i think one of the best spells in the game isn't even the highest spell for its school.

Feint. plus 70% damage spell trap on target, and plus 30% damage spell trap on the caster.

It has a side effect.

If you want that massive 10 pip storm spell to do 2000 damage, fine, but make it put 3 blade traps on you that give you minus 10% accuracy on your next three spells, because the spell is so draining.

and why is it always the next BIG spell, why not come up with some new lower level spells.

Like a three pip life spell. Commute: its a shield that converts all incoming damage from any type into life damage (which you can be prepared for). so any attack hits you as life damage.

Or Magic Mirror: a 4 pip myth spell that give the caster three damage shields that have the same damage reduction and type as the target.
let me try to explain that. cast it on Malistare and you have three death magic damage shields that reduce damage as much as Malistare does when he gets hit by death magic. cast it on the jade oni and you have three life magic damage shields that reduce damage the same amount as the jade oni does.

or get really wild and come up with a multi school spell. in order to learn it, you must be able to already cast spells of a certain level in two different schools
so you must already have learned both the 16th level life spell and the 16th level fire spell before you can learn the spell Fire Break: puts a healing aura on the target for three rounds and every round it also puts fire shield on the target.

if this is too much of a rant i apologize. i'm just tired of seeing all these posts about the next BIG spell. i hope i have not offended anyone.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
yes agreed
life: blessing 1 pip +20% to next INCOMING heal.
life again: harpy 7 pips 750 life damage cnovert half to health.
myth: medival army summons all 3 minotaur minion troll minion and cyclops minion
death: bat swarm 350 - 500 death damage to all enemies
fire: spiritual link (life, fire) 300 life damage and 300 fire damage
ice: spiritual link (death, ice) 200 ice damage and 200 death damage
storm: spiritual link (storm, myth) 400 storm damage and 400 myth damage.
balance: king of drakes a one headed hydra appears the head turns green does 100 life damage then turns black does 100 death damage turns yellow 100 myth damage turns red 200 fire damage turns blue 200 ice damage turns purple 200 storm damage turns white does 300 balance damage

colin sparkleheart life lvl 50 fan of the spirits.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
bravevline wrote:
yes agreed
life: blessing 1 pip +20% to next INCOMING heal.
life again: harpy 7 pips 750 life damage cnovert half to health.
myth: medival army summons all 3 minotaur minion troll minion and cyclops minion
death: bat swarm 350 - 500 death damage to all enemies
fire: spiritual link (life, fire) 300 life damage and 300 fire damage
ice: spiritual link (death, ice) 200 ice damage and 200 death damage
storm: spiritual link (storm, myth) 400 storm damage and 400 myth damage.
balance: king of drakes a one headed hydra appears the head turns green does 100 life damage then turns black does 100 death damage turns yellow 100 myth damage turns red 200 fire damage turns blue 200 ice damage turns purple 200 storm damage turns white does 300 balance damage

colin sparkleheart life lvl 50 fan of the spirits.

Love the idea for the spells braveline but i think the balance is a little high and like the author said make side affects or something i was thinking of having for a balance is you give all of your teammates +40% to your next spell but you get -25% accuracy to yourself and it cost 4 pips. For ice i was thinking of Tower Defence cost 1 pip and you give all of your friends tower shields and yourself but gives you a -25% to your next spell attack. So ya keep posting ideas and hope you like my ideas

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
good ideas braveline. :)

and like all good ideas it has sparked some new ones for me

1 pip shield spells for every school that damage the attacker
Life: Brier Patch: Attacker takes 30% of the damage he inflicts
Death: Thorny Shield: Attacker takes 35% of the damage he inflicts
Myth: Pike Wall: Attacker takes 25% of the damage he inflicts
Storm: Feed Back: Attacker takes 50% of the damage he inflicts
Fire: Back Draft: Attacker takes 40% of the damage he inflicts
Ice: Frost Bite: Attacker takes 30% of the damage he inflicts
Balance: Do Unto Others: Attacker takes 35% of the damage he inflicts

Balance: Dispersion: 1 pip shield that divides the damage among everyone on your side. instead of one person taking a 400 point hit (if there are 4 people on your side) everyone takes 100 points.

Life: Body Guard: 0 pip shield that redirect all damage from a friend to you. So you can take a hit for a friend. This would be a good spell for minions to have.

of course the percentages and costs are just off the top of my head and would probably need adjusted for the game. but it's not about the numbers it's about the basic spell idea.

~Seth Jadeweaver~
Grandmaster

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Snivel wrote:
I see all these posts for "new spell ideas" and it seems to me that they are all the same. Just more damage and different names.

come on guys, get creative. a spell (or anything for that matter) does not have to be the biggest or most pips to make it cool or neat or nifty (did i just give away my age ) i think one of the best spells in the game isn't even the highest spell for its school.

Feint. plus 70% damage spell trap on target, and plus 30% damage spell trap on the caster.

It has a side effect.

If you want that massive 10 pip storm spell to do 2000 damage, fine, but make it put 3 blade traps on you that give you minus 10% accuracy on your next three spells, because the spell is so draining.

and why is it always the next BIG spell, why not come up with some new lower level spells.

Like a three pip life spell. Commute: its a shield that converts all incoming damage from any type into life damage (which you can be prepared for). so any attack hits you as life damage.

Or Magic Mirror: a 4 pip myth spell that give the caster three damage shields that have the same damage reduction and type as the target.
let me try to explain that. cast it on Malistare and you have three death magic damage shields that reduce damage as much as Malistare does when he gets hit by death magic. cast it on the jade oni and you have three life magic damage shields that reduce damage the same amount as the jade oni does.

or get really wild and come up with a multi school spell. in order to learn it, you must be able to already cast spells of a certain level in two different schools
so you must already have learned both the 16th level life spell and the 16th level fire spell before you can learn the spell Fire Break: puts a healing aura on the target for three rounds and every round it also puts fire shield on the target.

if this is too much of a rant i apologize. i'm just tired of seeing all these posts about the next BIG spell. i hope i have not offended anyone.

Harpy is a death spell it drians

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Zorback18 wrote:
Snivel wrote:

It has a side effect.

Harpy is a death spell it drians
Nope harpy can be life cause sacrifice is death