Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

jobs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
I think it would be nice if we could have jobs so like we could make a store at our house or shopping district and hire wizards or to be hired and it could earn you gold/crowns not that that will happen so KI please consider this anybody who wants to post i have this bookmarked and will try and get back to you.Thanks :D :-)

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
boxie8 wrote:
I think it would be nice if we could have jobs so like we could make a store at our house or shopping district and hire wizards or to be hired and it could earn you gold/crowns not that that will happen so KI please consider this anybody who wants to post i have this bookmarked and will try and get back to you.Thanks :D :-)

I totally agree with this , it will make more immersion to the game .

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
i will love to have a job but where would we get the things maybe we shoud do quest for supplys

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
boxie8 wrote:

Thats a really good idea, i have played serveral other games where that is ALL you do, which can get boring...but in Wizard101 this would be great! If I may throw out one more idea though...

As we already have crafting, why not make it an option that with different mixtures of different reagents make different items, and the crafting station and world the reagents come from all make a difference?

Also, why not be able to create your shop as though it were a housing room? You would buy wallpaper, flooring, etc...Anyway, i thought these were good ideas in addition to yours.

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
Yes, it will make quite a difference in how much easier it will to get money and crowns ( hopefully crowns ) :P
- Luna0616

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
It is a little known fact, but, there is a way to get a job and earn crowns.

It is an option that your parents must enable though.

Here is how it works:

1. talk to your parents and get them to allow you to enable this option.

2. turn the computer off and go outside and find someone who will give you game money called "dollars" for providing a service for them

3. use those "dollars" to purchase gift cards or give it to your parents to use on their credit card for you to purchase in game crowns

this is the ultimate immersion and you will truly feel as if you did the work to earn the crowns

Explorer
Feb 16, 2009
Snivel wrote:

Here is how it works:

2. turn the computer off and go outside and find someone who will give you game money called "dollars" for providing a service for them

3. use those "dollars" to purchase gift cards or give it to your parents to use on their credit card for you to purchase in game crowns

this is the ultimate immersion and you will truly feel as if you did the work to earn the crowns

Splendid Idea! I guess I'll give it a try. Its quite creative!
~*~Crown Zombie Says;~*~
Mmm, Crowns!

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
boxie8 wrote:

:-) i love the idea of jobs for the game and i would love to do it but how?

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Poopypants1 wrote:
boxie8 wrote:

:-) i love the idea of jobs for the game and i would love to do it but how?

I don't know i left that up to KI if you have any ways to make this happen please post on it. Thanks! :) :-)

Defender
May 31, 2009
i like the job idea :P you should get paid like ____ (any number of gold or crowns) per hour or something. maybe the tops is thirty? idk just an idea

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
boxie8 wrote:

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! I would love for that to be added into the game!

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009

Cool! I LOVE THE IDEA! It would be cool stocking the store and getting gold really fast! people would be able to buy stuff! One question though, Wouldnt that increase the gold in everything in bazaar and in shops if we were to get a lot of gold?

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
it is a good idea but one thing. What is the limit of thing bad you can do before you get fired? :?

Survivor
Oct 27, 2008
I think we shouldget jobs like shopkeeper or teacher's assisant
tell me what you guys think or

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
yeah you could also have the wizard text chat spys were you get paid 1000 gold a week to in the course of game play keep a special eye open for inappropriate text chat use. but nobody knows wether or not you are a wizard text chat spy:D

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
Maybe we rent the houses in the commons, shopping district, and olde town it'd cost 1,000 gold a week or you split the bill with your friends then KI would supply you with anything you need to a certain limit and if you have not used the supplys right you'd get kicked out.All the profit you make you send half of it to your friend half to you and give KI a little money for giving supplys

Survivor
May 06, 2009
that would be wicked cool! of course its only me to throw in ideas.

restarant: you make the food, you hire waitors and waitresses, free food
shop: clothes shop, spell shop, any shop, you sew the clothes, you sell them
art gallery: you paint the art, you sculpt, you buy other people's art, also
school: you teach, you plan lessons, you make uniforms
arcade: you build the arcade style video games, you buy some already made
curio shop: you sell funiture from different worlds, you bargian and trade
where it would all be: one collosol shopping mall, 80 stores per realm

Lindsey Shadowcaller
Level 25 balance wizard
" Dont ever give up"

Survivor
May 06, 2009
dogdude163819 wrote:
it is a good idea but one thing. What is the limit of thing bad you can do before you get fired? :?

you know, you have a point there. you probably shouldnt: cuss, steal, be inapropirate, scare away customers, ruin the things, lie, or hire people if your not the boss

And if you do it the manager knows because there would be an alert system.

Three strikes

The price range is made by the value,

Minimum wage is 10$ an hour

You can only have 4 workers and a manager as long as it isnt a restarant

Shoplifters get automaticly reported and there is an alarm system

You need an interveiw

They have to be hired fair

Workers can be on the manager's friend list, but there is a worker list

No paintings that are inapropriate, people will be buying those

Employee discounts

You can't give away items for free

You can gift only if you buy it from a wizard owned store

Customers can try on things

Survivor
May 06, 2009
I think we shouldget jobs like shopkeeper or teacher's assisant
tell me what you guys think or

Superb idea! The only problem is, is that for a restarant we can't really eat the food

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
For resterants the food could give you a boost in heath and mana. Tell me what you think :D

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
idea, my character made a restraunt in his house, and he would like to sell food and hire people :) also, i have made a camp out of my house that maybe KI would let people actually stay there, that would be cool, or maybe you could make a stable and people could rent your mounts

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
Snivel wrote:

Here is how it works:

that's nice, but we wanna like open a restraunt or an art museum or maybe a camp, something like that

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
yidskey wrote:
yeah you could also have the wizard text chat spys were you get paid 1000 gold a week to in the course of game play keep a special eye open for inappropriate text chat use. but nobody knows wether or not you are a wizard text chat spy:D
or, maybe you could like set up security camras, no, the sry sounds better lol

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
mrsedwardculen wrote:
that would be wicked cool! of course its only me to throw in ideas.

restarant: you make the food, you hire waitors and waitresses, free food
shop: clothes shop, spell shop, any shop, you sew the clothes, you sell them
art gallery: you paint the art, you sculpt, you buy other people's art, also
school: you teach, you plan lessons, you make uniforms
arcade: you build the arcade style video games, you buy some already made
curio shop: you sell funiture from different worlds, you bargian and trade
where it would all be: one collosol shopping mall, 80 stores per realm

Lindsey Shadowcaller
Level 25 balance wizard
" Dont ever give up"

nice, i like the shopping mall idea

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Snivel wrote:

Here is how it works:

Some people are dis-abled and can get a lot of "dollars" so that may be why they do this.