Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nothing special about storm. :(

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
I'm a storm wizard and I have to say this. Storm isn't special. Sure, we have the most attack, but our accuracy, health, and defense brings us down!
LIfe can heal, Death can steal health, Fire does damage over time, Ice has the most defense and health, Myth has the Minions and Balance is like the ultamite school in elemantal and spritual defenses!

What do storm wizards have? In my opinion, the highest death rate. >.<
If there is any way, could you fix, or give Storm a special ability?

Defender
May 08, 2009
sorry but you just have to get used to it.Beleive me, i know storms weakneeses overweight its advantages.But you have things like Wild bolt and big bad triton.Besides sometimes you have to rely on your secondary school for help.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I might be fire,but I agree.The next time I get crowns,I'm turning them in for my points.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
Darkhole54321 wrote:
sorry but you just have to get used to it.Beleive me, i know storms weakneeses overweight its advantages.But you have things like Wild bolt and big bad triton.Besides sometimes you have to rely on your secondary school for help.
Sigh. I guess you're right. It's just that it's really fustrating! One, ONE fizzle can mean doom for me. I try to buff my defenses and accuracy, but it's the health that brings me down. Plus, our mana is serously low! If I fizzle, that takes mana away!

I went to some stores in the current worlds, and all the atheme items have the same mana, and different health and storm has the lowest health boost! All the other schools get items like, plus 2 pip or plus 5 defense or even plus 300 health!

I'm now in Dragonspyre and the second last part of Grizzleheim. I do most of the things I do alone because my friends are either behind or ahead of me. I barely scratched the surface of Dragonspyre because of my low health, accuracy, defenses and mana! All is lost for me unless somebody helps.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Have you ever seen the videos of those really high damages? What school where those wizards? Storm. We may be weak in a lot of areas, but we are pure domination. Once you can have a strategy that covers storm's weaknesses, and also enchances our strength. Have you seen the wizards from other schools? They also complain about their own schools, and some even about the fizzle rate. You don't know fizzle til you have made a Storm character. But, some even complain about US Storm wizards, and our insane damage.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I know your frustration. I have a Storm Grandmaster so believe me when I say it only gets better with time. At the low levels we suffer something fierce. Low life and high fizzles! Stick with it though because once you break into the thirties (level) you will start to get gear that increases your accuracy and after you get Triton it's like getting a whole new character. The power is insane and only gets more addictive and wild when you finish off with Storm Lord. I have dealt out over 9,000 points of damage with Triton and there are larger hits than that. Here's a little tip that might help you along. Try to find an Ice Wizard and see if (s)he wants to team up. I did that and we made an unstoppable pair. He shielded and healed (Life secondary) while I brought the pain. By the time we finally said our goodbyes we were both Grandmasters with all our level 50 gear. Though I would often have to help him kill the second door guard we would regularly farm Malistair; just the two of us.

So stick with it, Storm is intensely powerful but you only get that power by hanging in there and working hard.

Edward Stormcloud
Storm Grandmaster

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
Of all the schools, I fear storm the most. Sure, they have a high fizzle rate, but when they do cast a spell, it hurts!

As a balance wizard, I sort of ran into the same problem when fighting my own school. There are no shields to protect against balance, but I've been advised(and I listened) to get clothing that shields damage. Pretty soon we'll be able to wear the cool looking things and have the protections of some of the ugliest pieces of clothing that help the most.

Also, it seems I mostly get really good storm clothing from drops. Sad I can't use or trade them, but they are out there. Just keep searching.