Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Slow game...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
I tried the free section of the game, it was fun and from what I read it promised much more intricate game play at higher levels so I subscribed.

I played a bit past the free areas... and now I wish I hadn't. The game's a lot of fun, but watching every slow spell animation has begun to drive me batty.

The game play is so painfully slow that I just can't do it anymore. I've canceled my subscription and I doubt I'll play anymore. It's too bad, the game is very interesting and fun even though it's quite basic at the core.

What ruined it for me:

Excruciatingly slow animations. Sure, they're cute the first 3 or 4 times... but by the 100th time I see the leprechaun dance along his rainbow and into the pot of gold I really don't care anymore. I just want to get to the next round. Speed 'em up a bit.

Players who sit there during fights and do nothing. They never do a thing, they sit on their pips and waste my time by letting their spell timer run down. . . the game play is slow enough as it is without these people.

Poor "team" mechanics. If another party member initiates a fight I often miss out on the first round if I don't arrive within less than 0.5 seconds. There needs to be a bit more time before I'm locked out of round one with a team-mate or an option to auto-join any fight within a certain distance that's initiated by a party member.

Otherwise, the game isn't too bad. I just can't handle the slow pace anymore.

Explorer
Sep 09, 2009
Actually I am happy and amazed at what they have done graphics wise.

Considering the broad ranges of ages of participants, connection speeds
and no doubt graphics capabilities of the players machines.

No company will ever please everyone with their game software, but
Wizard101 is the closest one I've seen.

Gameplay in massive mutiplayer environments has to be balanced
for the majority of the players, not the preferences of a few.

But that is not to say they will not listen to feedback and suggestions
and act on them if feasable.

Survivor
May 01, 2009
i agree about the players doing nothing part. i mean, they step into your battle and then they don't do a thing, just automaticly pass. and it adds more problem to the person who is doing something since another monster steps in after that player does. the company needs to do something about, like kick the player out if he doesn't do anything after the first timer running out along with the monster.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I agree and wish there was an option to disable the animations if you wanted to because seeing the same animation over and over and over is getting quite painful.

Defender
May 30, 2009
On the subject of slow players, there are certain areas where I lag more than others. When I jump into a fight it may be round three or four before my computer actually catches up with the game so I can cast my spell. So this may not be the fault of the player who was either dragged into the fight or joined to help. More times then not, that player will eventually catch up with the game and be of some help. Not everyone has a super computer that loads like lightening so be patient. As far as the graphics go with the spells, you talk as though you haven't finished Wizard City yet. The higher your characters level goes, the better the spells are. Yes you are probably going to see the same things over and over and over again, but atleast there is variety there the higher you get. I have two Grandmasters and I LOVE seeing my high levels spells being played. The Orthrus from my Myth and the Power Nova from my Balance are awesome, not to mention Storm Lord from Storm and even Judgement. Take a look at some of the spells being cast while you are OUTSIDE of the dueling ring. Looking at them from a different angle will deffinately give you a new perspective on it. Most of them are really cool to watch outside of the ring. I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to cancel before you really even got started good. The creators of this game have done an EXCELLENT job with the characters, spells, and worlds. And if you notice, they are always adding new content to the game. I've been playing since April and have seen alot of new things added so if you don't necessarily like what you're seeing right now, you will probably come across a world or area or spell that just enchants you. I highly recommend giving it another try. You never know what you may come across!