Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

HUGE Crafting Changes For Crafting Quests?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 30, 2009
First off, looking forward to the new changes in the game. But I noticed a few things that I've got questions about...

My hubby's on the final crafting quest in Mooshu. Will the new changes convert to the crafting quests already started by players? Or will those players have to do the original crafting quests, before moving on?

I also noticed that several new crafting quests were added to Balthazar Dragonthorn. Why were extra quests added?

With my character, I had only the Rings of Apotheosis, Grimblaze Vestments, and Crimson Book Stands to do. Now there's 6 more added?

LOL! I can understand adding 1 or 2 more to offset the extras in the final crafting quest. But 6 more seems a bit...drastic.

Oh well, we'll adjust I'm sure. But that's still a lot of extra crafting quests, when KI had set out originally to make them easier for those upset about having to find the large amounts of rare regeants.

I'm just thankful that the character I'd done the original quests with are done with hers, and I didn't log in with her to find my artisan badge removed and 6 more quests to complete to reobtain it...Because I really did get burned out there on those last 3 ones. And I've barely recovered enough to help start looking for the bloodmoss and pearls hubby will be needing to complete his.

Although that means now that there's 6 more added to his getting the same badge, he'll want me to help find the rares for them when he's unable to spend that time due to working 12 hour shifts 4 days on, 4 days off. And with the holidays right around the corner, he's going to be working at least 2 of his supposed days off.

As they say when asking genies to grant your wishes...Be careful what you wish for.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I really think that's a glitch in how they formatted the lists.

Before, you had to craft 5 of the rings, 5 adept cloaks from your school, and then 5 pieces of furniture.

I think they've reduced it to 2 of each item -- which is consistent with the other crafting changes. I don't think they're suddenly going to require you to buy 6 new recipes.

That being said, I was in the final furniture phase, so I can't really prove it on the test realm.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Lily1358 wrote:
I really think that's a glitch in how they formatted the lists.

Before, you had to craft 5 of the rings, 5 adept cloaks from your school, and then 5 pieces of furniture.

I think they've reduced it to 2 of each item -- which is consistent with the other crafting changes. I don't think they're suddenly going to require you to buy 6 new recipes.

That being said, I was in the final furniture phase, so I can't really prove it on the test realm.

Actually, yes they are requiring you to buy 6 additional recipes to finish the final crafting quest with Balthazar...That's why I posted this in the first place, after reading what the new crafting quest changes were.

Here's where you can currently read specificially about the new changes regarding this particular change.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/11937.ftl
Wul'yam will only require 2 Rings of Insight instead of five
Wul'yam will only require 2 Poinards of Gallantry instead of five
Felicia Worthington will only require 2 Stingers of the Scorpion and 2 Constellation Jewels, instead of five
Toshio will only require 2 Seals of the Seraphim and 2 Possibility Dirks instead of five
Balthazar Dragonthorn will only require:
2 Rings of Apotheosis
2 Grimblaze Vestments
2 Thunderchill Cloaks
2 Raintree Uniforms
2 Bright Surcoats
2 Flamesoul Cloaks
2 Duskwind Tunics
2 cloaks of Weighty Grief
2 Crimson Book Stands

Doing the math, it dropped 9 original items you had to make. (5 items x3 recipes to make=15) Yet added 12 items through the additional 6 new recipes. (2 items x9 recipes=18).

Incidentally, I found one of the recipes and it also asks for pearls. I've yet to look for the others, to see what the regeants are, so not completly sure about if they're asking for the harder regeants such as diamonds, scrap, or more blood moss. Players were also grumbling about having to find the black lotus, so these other recipes may/may not require that as well.

The other quests were lowered in number, to respond to players complaining about the difficulty of collecting the regeants. Which was safe to assume that they'd do that with all of the quests. But in this case, with the last one, they actually added to it's requirements to earn, rather then lowering it as they did the others.

And depending on what the regeants are for those additional quests? Although the number of items per recipe has been lowered, it isn't much of a 'relief' if you're only having to find the same or more of a regeant that you were wanting relief from having to do in the first place. LOL!

I was perfectly fine with the original quest myself. But I'm sure that those unhappy with it previously, would now be happy to keep it rather then having to collect and do more recipes then previously.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Wanted to add, elsewhere another member posted they believe that when doing the last quest, that it may only require the student doing the extra item that relates to that player's school...

I'm hoping that's the situation, so it's only 1 extra quest added. I'm commensing crossing my toes now, that that's the situation rather then all 6 recipes having to be done.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Well if each Person has to Make one Coat for thier class they may list all. But did you see the Transmute Recipes. All the Hard things like Diamonds and Perals will be a thing of the Past. Now buying from the Bazaar will be a easy thing. 15 Ore you got a Diamond and 15 Lotus you got a Black Pearl. Everything Breaks down to an easy to find resource now.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
No No No......... Those recipes that you are thinking are being added are not. Those are for different school quests, because in MS there are recipe vendors found all over the worl and they only let you mae the ones from your school. So actually there not making more there making 3 less.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I'm pretty sure you'll only have to do 2 of the school robes -- you wouldn't be able to purchase the robe recipes for the other school's robes.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I was on the first Quest in DS. So I logged into test Center and did the rings and he gave me the Coat to do. Being Death I got the Duskwind Tunic. Using the Transmute Recipes I was able to make them pretty quick. He then gave me the Bookshelf to do. So there isnt more quest added on the Test Center. If I can get enough to finish this Ill report back after

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I can say for sure now they didnt change or add Quest for Master. I just finished them all on Test Center and you only get the 3 Quest in DS. Using the Transmute recipes its now easy enough to be fun.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
jaxom101 wrote:
I was on the first Quest in DS. So I logged into test Center and did the rings and he gave me the Coat to do. Being Death I got the Duskwind Tunic. Using the Transmute Recipes I was able to make them pretty quick. He then gave me the Bookshelf to do. So there isnt more quest added on the Test Center. If I can get enough to finish this Ill report back after

where did you get recipe for dustwind tunic

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
I have been all over Ancient Burial Grounds and I have not found a Death crafting vendor. Can I get a more specific location please? :D

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
There is no Death vender in Ancient Burial Grounds called Yao Fan or any other name,been all over Ancient Burial Grounds and there is no vender of any kind.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
melsindian wrote:
There is no Death vender in Ancient Burial Grounds called Yao Fan or any other name,been all over Ancient Burial Grounds and there is no vender of any kind.

I have bought several recipes from this vendor, and he is in the Ancient Burial Grounds.

He's in the central building (the crypt), in one of the side closets. Actually, when you walk in the first room and look straight ahead, you should be able to see part of his name. He's easy to miss as you dodge the samurai goons wandering around.