Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problems with seeing some characters like my son a

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
I have recently joined wizards 101 because it is the game my son plays and when i have my character i can not see His, well I also had my husband join and i can not see His character at all, we at times like to work together on quest and is hard to do that if I can not see them. What can I do to fix this problem ?

Administrator
Wizard101 has several Realms that players can freely travel between. It spreads our population out and allows players a choice of which Realm they want to play on.

Chances are, when you login, you are in a different Realm than your family.

There are two ways that you and your family can easily meet up in game.

True Friend Codes
True Friend codes allow you to chat with and teleport to people you know in Real Life. For more information on True Friend codes and how they work, please click on this link: True Friend Codes.

Choosing a Realm
Our Realms have wonderful names that correspond to characters throughout the spiral. If you like the sound of one of the names, you can get all your family to meet up on the same Realm.

All the Realms are identical and you can switch between Realms easily when you're not in a duel. Simply press Esc when you're not in a duel and select the very last top on the tab - and you will see a list of Realms to choose from.

Why switch Realms?
Players may choose to switch between Realms that are more or less populated based on their play style. If you are looking for players to adventure with, you may wish to switch to a Realm with a higher population.

I'm sure one of these two options will allow you to quickly find your family members.

Once you've located them, you can team up into a Group that will ensure that when you travel between areas, you will all land on the same Realm.

Grouping
Grouping helps players stay together when battling or travelling to a new area. When you join a battle, there will be spots reserved for your other group members if they are travelling with you in the same area. They will be asked if they want to join your combat. If so, they will be teleported to your battle. A reserved spot that you see in the world may be for someone in your group or for a different group.

To invite someone to join your group, click on them and this will open your Friends Panel. There you will see the option to Invite to Group.

Now that you're in a group, you will see a new Group section to your Friends List. You can leave a Group at any time by clicking the Leave Group option on the Group section of the Friends panel.

Groups can chat on a Group Chat channel that no one outside the group can see. This text will be show in blue in your Chat Window.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I group with friends all the time and I've never seen a dialog asking me if I want join a battle. How do I enable this option?

Administrator
If one of your Group gets into a duel, sigils in that duel will be reserved for Group members and will glow differently. They are only reserved for a little while, but it prevents other players from jumping in before a Group member.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I understand about the reserved spots.

You said:

They will be asked if they want to join your combat. If so, they will be teleported to your battle.

I never get asked if I want to join the combat and then get teleported in. Is there an option I don't have turned that will enable this?

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
press escape in the corner of your keybord and click on the realms button [the one with the two balls and go to ambrose [do that for all of the accounts

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I know how to change realms. Are you telling me that we all have to be in the same realm? I thought I wouldn't see the people in my group unless we were in the same realm. So, how would that help?