Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lag problem?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
I recently got a new video card due to the old one crashing when it got a little warm. When not crashing the old card gave me no graphic problems with this game or any other games. However, with this new card I seem to be getting lag problems on this game and this game only. I can run the most advance 3D games with no problems but this game keeps lagging. The screen will "jerk" every couple seconds causing me to run into monsters. Also people that are half-way across the screen will pick up regents, life, and energy even if I am standing right on them.

Anyone know why this is happening when the new card works with every other game and is actually more powerful then the old card? I have tried lowering the video quality but it makes no difference. If you need to know the cards they are: old = EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512mb, new = ASUS EAH4890 1gb. Any help or advice would be much appreciated because this lagging is getting very annoying.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
GoneFishin wrote:
I recently got a new video card due to the old one crashing when it got a little warm. When not crashing the old card gave me no graphic problems with this game or any other games. However, with this new card I seem to be getting lag problems on this game and this game only. I can run the most advance 3D games with no problems but this game keeps lagging. The screen will "jerk" every couple seconds causing me to run into monsters. Also people that are half-way across the screen will pick up regents, life, and energy even if I am standing right on them.

Anyone know why this is happening when the new card works with every other game and is actually more powerful then the old card? I have tried lowering the video quality but it makes no difference. If you need to know the cards they are: old = EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512mb, new = ASUS EAH4890 1gb. Any help or advice would be much appreciated because this lagging is getting very annoying.

and here I thought it was me. Tried running and it slow to slow motion then takes off like rocket! It used to be a nice steady pace, but no more. \
Is this another of those fixed things they broke again? Still can't play on my laptop. Video is crazy! Contacted tech support and they said "it was fixed but I guess an update unfixed it" not very helpful on how long to fix it again.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
Once in part of MB I yelled out about the lag and they shut my quest helper off for me... Fixed it right-up (for the most part), every now and then they try to turn it back on, but I won't use it... any place.

I still get this thing where wisps don't stick to me went I first get in an area... I have to run past them a few times like a full car lenght.

I hope you post if you find a fix 'cause I need to up-grade to make Sim's 3 to work.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
I've been having lag problems as well off & on. Sometimes changing realms helps, but most of the time I just have to wait it out or log off & come back later. Tonight is WAY WAY bad, it's so slow there is no point. Since this is not something that happens all the time, I'm assuming it is the Wizard 101 hosting service and not my computer. Ah well, I needed to get my you know what to bed anyway. Hope this get's fixed soon, it's annoying to be paying monthly for this and not be able to play whenever I can squeeze time in!

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
wouldn't you know it, I finally posted on the board about the problem, went back to log off the game, and it's working fine now. Still shouldn't be happening so often, it's very annoying for paying customers...

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
I'm having the same problem. I dont know why it's happening and i want to know how to solve it. I have already tried emptying my bag and house. even tried the treasure cards. I am a grandmaster now and i have had this poblem all the way since level 1. all of my other wizards are running fine so if anyone has suggestions to fix this, I would appreciate knowing. If nobody has suggestions i would like this to be updates ASAP. i dont want to have this for when the max level is raised. :( :( :( :( :(

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Ugh, i hate the lagging, ITS SO ANNOYING!!! Whenever i put my resolution on 1600 x 900, it lags constantly! If i put it on 800 x 600, it works ok, but I don't want to have a crappy resolution. I want to enjoy this game, its fun, theres no doubt about that, but I don't want to be lagging constantly! 1600 x 900 definitley gives the best graphics and resolution. I want to enjoy this game the best that i can, KI PLEASE FIX THE LAGGING