Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeated, But Not Really

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
I don’t know whether or not this is a bug; I do know that it’s a minor nuisance.

At least a dozen times in the last week, my son and I have defeated enemies (P v E), only to see them either continue to fight from their graves, or magically come back to life. Most of the time, these “undead” enemies have just barely been defeated, e.g. hit with a 75 point attack when they had 74-75 health points left. In these cases, their overhead descriptions list them as “Defeated,” but they leave behind an aura that we have learned – the hard way – means they’re going to fight on. In a couple cases, the enemies were clearly defeated by a more significant margin, disappeared from the screen, then reappeared with minimal health (one or two points) the next round.

We know that – for better or worse – there’s a lot of unpredictability built into the game, but not knowing whether a defeated enemy will stay defeated seems a bit much!

Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Ahh! glad to see i am not the only one to have this happen. When in Mooshuu it happened a lot, I thought maybe because I was dealing with the dead when it first started happening. It continues to plaque me. But, I guess they must keep the game interesting either that or maybe we are so good they're trying to make it harder for us. LOL (you never know)

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
It has been a problem for several months now and they still cannot get it fixed.

But hey, instead of having the programmers fix something like that and the dozens of other glitches and bugs, we're going to have mounts! :?

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
This is "bug" is a two way street. Although I can honestly say I have only had this happen once or twice (at the most), the computer had made its winning attack, my Life gauge cracked followed by the stunned wizard routine clearly marking I was defeated, but instead of the battle fading out, the spell cards popped up on my screen.

The only great thing about it was the one time I clearly remember, I got to go first for that battle, which allowed me to pull a treasured pixie and ensure my victory.

As to the nature of the bug, I have seen it happen most often when it is an attack that barely defeats the enemy (this has happened up to 100 damage, ie. I cast Wraith with a Death Blade on and gear gives 11% (500 x 1.11)*1.4 = 777 damage on a 675hp creature from mooshu (fire/ice/myth/storm) 675-777= -102 creature does death animation, but is still in combat next round.

The other instance I have seen, is complete overkill (5000 damage on something with 2300 more then double its life) and still the enemy remains in combat. This particular "version" does not happen all that often, so it has to be a timing error. I am thinking either the creatures dynamic stats are not being dumped properly (even though its dead, the game sees the dynamic stats and assumes that it is still a participant in battle) or for whatever reason the "remove participant" step is being skipped.