Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's in a Name?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 24, 2009
flash33 wrote:
Well other than some Myth GH swords that look like hammers and Axes, the only thing that I've noticed is that some items don't give the full boost, mainly with low level wizards from around levels 16 or 20 and below.

For Example, a robe that gives +3% fire resitance, plus a pair of boots that give +2% should give a total of 5% fire resistance right, well sometimes a combo that gives that much fire resistance will show that it gives only 4% fire resistance, one less than it should, or at least, that what it sometimes shows on a wizards stats when I view them.

So those could use some looking into, thank you for your time.
how can you tell it's 4 resistance and not 5?

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
i have apparently boots but there actully just hight top shoes but the tops have been feld down...There called the frost touched boots

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
How did so many items get mismatched names and appearances? Are the spriters and the description writers on different teams? Don't they communicate with each other?

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
These are the two most recent that I have found during a re-run of Counterweight West:

Superstitious canine cloak is actually a hat
Exquisite slippers are really bulky boots

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Like how about Cat Bandits Cap when it is really a sailors hat.
Sometimes they call the robes vests.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
My Ice Grandmaster friend has a robe called Flamesoul's! I was like, What is that? Then I noticed it was a robe. It didn't says Flamesoul's Robe, or anything like that. Is it meant to to be?

mman17, out

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
yeah like the animated canine robe it was shown as a hat on my myth friends profile

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
one time i got a wand that looks like a giant mallet and the cat bandit hat looks like a sailor hat

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
i have some more: warden's wear is actually like a barbarian wear. oyotomi's jade blade and jade oni's amethyst blade actually look like a sai. thats all i have found out right now will find more

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
flyersfan48 wrote:
My ice robes are called "Flamesouls" and it doesn't really make sense. I think KI forgot to add a word or two to the end of that.

I know this is a little late, but Flamesoul is the name of the boss that drops the robe you have on your ice character, so it is an appropriate name.