Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some House Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
As a Grandmaster Death wizard, i often feel as though i have seen and done it all.

I have went up in the volcano elevator, defeated maslistaire, saved the mooshu emperor, it goes on.

When housing came out, i was VERY excited.

I couldnt wait to finally USE all my excess gold on something. Anyway, i got the 50k Dragonspyre house, got tons of furniture, yada yada yada....

So why does it feel like something is missing?

I have answered my own question:

Just HAVING the furniture isnt enough. i want to USE it.

There are some games like club penguin where you can sit in furniture, lie down on furniture, watch TV, etc. There are so many furniture options, but all they really do are make your house look cool (which i might add, they do very well.) You should be able to, say, right click something like a sofa and a options menu could come up like this:

Sofa:
Sit
Lay On
________

something like that.

Also, if you are the house owner, you should have a way of monitoring who is in your house. The Maurauders Map from Harry Potter gave me this idea.

Basically, if you are the owner of your house, you would have the option to open your house map. The different wizards moving around your house would be represented my dots (color coded:)

Purple-Storm
Black-Death
Yellow-Myth
Light blue-Ice
Green-Life
Brown-Balance
Red-Fire

And if you would click on one of these dots, the characters character profile would show up, giving you their character info.

These are just two of my ideas.

Please reply and say if you support me or if you think there changes should not be made.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
You want the Sims 4 game "Wizards & Time Travlers"...

I'm not sure what KI wanted the houses to be, but to me they are just chat rooms, except no body can get there if you are not... even wizards on your own account don't get in.

So far I've had one friend with nothing to do catch me at my house, but I was crafting and had to go hunt for more stuff.

I think every room you go to has to load and takes up disc space on your computer, so smaller is almost better. But there are animations from the game that would be cool to have in the rooms.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
These are just some ideas that we would like to see inorporated into our character's abilities and actions:
1. We would like our wizard to be able to sit on a stool or chair at the crafting table and also lie down for a short nap on his or her bed.
2. We would like our wizard to be able to have his or her friends join in the fairground games and play as a team.
3. We would like it if a friend could ride behind us on our broomstick or whatever mount we are using at the time.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
also you could cook and eat the food you cooked you could dink out of a cup and that can boost health and mana 8)

Defender
May 31, 2009
i like the idea of riding behind someone on their mount XD it would be fun to ride on the back of a horse lol

1. we should be able to intercat with our furniture
2. we should be able to carry our pets
3. we should have a radio in our house that lets you choose music to be played in your house ( you could upload music or something)
4. playing the piano! lol we should be able to play the piano if we have one or someone else does
5. we should be able to walk, jog, or run instead of running all the time

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I like #2 & 3 . Why would you want to waist your time on a chair or bed?
John Griffinrider Lvl 12 Thaumaturge

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Things to Add

1 Usable furniture: being able to sit in chairs eat food and lie in bed to restore mana and health.

2 Dueling ring: play a practice match at your house any time, acts like the old arena, to start just enter the ring, to join enter the ring before the timer counts down to 0.

3 Minigame Tent/Tree/Circle: play any of the minigames at your house with a tent that lets you play minigames, or a tree that looks like your school tree that does the same. Or just the minigame entrance circle that can be placed anywhere.

4 More housing items: No explanation necessary

5 Neighborhoods: similar to groups, adding someone to your neighborhood allows them to go to your house even when you are not there with transports like a dragon, a magic carpet, or a flying boat, or a teleporter ( note this is optional).

6 Radio: Housing item that changes the music in the immediate area to some music found somewhere else in the game. (good for parties)

7 View of the world: a view of the world that the house corresponds to would be nice. (when applicable)

8 House Map: Marauder style map reserved for the owner of the house, dots with name and school showing peoples location in the house so you know where people are.

9 Sick em/Attack command for pets in your house: Used to get rid of unwanted people in your house. A nice alternative way to kick people you of your house besides the kick out button.

10 Mailbox: Housing item that lets friends, (and friends only) leave you messages while you are offline that you can read when you get back on the game.

11 Self Portrait: a craftable housing item that is a portrait of you that you can hang in your house.

Things to change

1 Item storage: have the option to display all your unused items, let mounts run around like pets (but they have to be outside and there is a limit of five), have all your clothes on hangers in sight. Put wands, decks, rings and dirks in display cases like the ones in the W.C. shops. This is also optional, you can use the bank system if you want.

If you like these ideas then say so. If you don't ,tell me why, it would be really nice if these got into the game. Also if you have other ideas then please leave them

Also K.I. take a look at these ideas and consider adding them as advanced housing after Celestia comes out!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
1 and 3 sound like a lazy way to do something that's already simple.

5, 8, 10, and Item storage would be a nightmare to program.

6 is a good idea.

11 would be okay, as long as the picture was that of the wizard. Allowing real life pictures would invite people to post objectionable content, as well as posing safety and other problems.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
here are my ideas. some are the same as thunderbird's but i thought of them before I saw his post so i am still gonna put them on here.

1. Customizable arena at your house. you can customize only the background.

2. Life and mana wisps at your house.

3. A jukebox for parties in stuff. each jukebox will look different depending on the world you buy it from. You can buy more songs with gold.

4. Like thunderbird said interactive furniture. Lie in bed, watch t.v., sit on the couch, ect.

5. more house slots and more floors to houses.

6. minigame tents. I am starting to think thunderbird looked at my topic and copied me by now lol. each tent sold alone which means one game per tent you buy.

7. let more pets roam free

8. more house items

9. party invitations. You can have a party and send out invitations to all your friends telling them when to come to your house and who is hosting it.

10. New celestia houses, and even though they are secondary schools the three new schools school houses. Plz do not put celestia houses in crowns plz!

11.weather changes. The weather can change at your house. Some days can be stormy and some days can be sunny. You have the option to change different weather. You can click the snow button it will snow, click the storm button is will storm, click the sun button or the moon button. The moon button will make your house at night time.

12. guests. You can have some friends have access to your house to sleep over or something. You can limit how long they can stay.

If you like my ideas plz post!

Explorer
Jun 30, 2009
I agree with all of them except using your pets to kick them out.

Im thinking of being able to customize on a deeper scale.
For example, a ground tool. For example, if you want an icy version of the life house, get a snow ground tool to change the grass to snow. They could have snow, sand, grass, dirt, and flowerpatch ground tools.
Also water tools, basicly just for changing water to ice and vice-versa.
Sky tools, having several differnt skies (Stormy, Pink, Clear, Cloudy, Snowy, nighttime.) to choose from, stormy skies rain on your house, snowy skies snow on it.
Water placeable items. There is a glitch that allows you to do so, but Im talking water lillies, small boats, sunken ships, geysers.

Finally, on a side note. I think they should have willow trees at the furntiture shop in celestia.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
here are my ideas. some are the same as thunderbird's but i thought of them before I saw his post so i am still gonna put them on here.

3. A jukebox for parties in stuff. each jukebox will look different depending on the world you buy it from. You can buy more songs with gold.

4. Like thunderbird said interactive furniture. Lie in bed, watch t.v., sit on the couch, ect.

8. more house items

9. party invitations. You can have a party and send out invitations to all your friends telling them when to come to your house and who is hosting it.

10. New celestia houses, and even though they are secondary schools the three new schools school houses. Plz do not put celestia houses in crowns plz!

11.weather changes. The weather can change at your house. Some days can be stormy and some days can be sunny. You have the option to change different weather. You can click the snow button it will snow, click the storm button is will storm, click the sun button or the moon button. The moon button will make your house at night time.

12. guests. You can have some friends have access to your house to sleep over or something. You can limit how long they can stay.

Sorry you think that but this topic is a renewed and updated topic that I started almost 8 months ago, every time it gets too many pages back in the boards i just resubmit it.

P.S. i like the jukebox idea as an update of the radio.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Da1Meeper wrote:
I agree with all of them except using your pets to kick them out.

Im thinking of being able to customize on a deeper scale.
For example, a ground tool. For example, if you want an icy version of the life house, get a snow ground tool to change the grass to snow. They could have snow, sand, grass, dirt, and flowerpatch ground tools.
Also water tools, basicly just for changing water to ice and vice-versa.
Sky tools, having several differnt skies (Stormy, Pink, Clear, Cloudy, Snowy, nighttime.) to choose from, stormy skies rain on your house, snowy skies snow on it.
Water placeable items. There is a glitch that allows you to do so, but Im talking water lillies, small boats, sunken ships, geysers.

Finally, on a side note. I think they should have willow trees at the furntiture shop in celestia.

Not sure about being able to change water and sky types cause that really doesn't fit the type of housing wizard 101 has but i love the idea of having items you place in the water.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
8) Thank you for this post, and opening up for feedback.

1. I like this concept. I think we should have an avatar default position where when we are off line we are at this location at our house, so if friends visit your house while your off line, you might be at your desk, bar, bed, laying in the sun whatever, but an offline status showing above your character.

2. I love this concept too. Maybe just one (outside dueling circle) , in bigger housed another inside, that you could activate with "z" or by request see "Healing Outside Battle"

3. I like this concept, and would love to see maybe NPC like potion vender, and maybe spiral door that opens to specific shops.

4. Goes with 3 and 6

5. 7. 8. This interaction would have to be from friends list, for sure. and unless you are saying the properties are connected, touching, ie streets that end nowhere would connect. Travel from house to house would be like in Farmville, or most Facebook apps. Petville has successfully merged friends list with a map, but its slow and I'm not sure how easily the concept would merge with what the game has in place.

6. Cool Ideal, KI could limit the music from the game itself, or since they have already created stuff for iTunes, why not have the game play tracks from iTunes. That would be Way cool 8)

7. Should be the animation for the boot anyway. I say be bold about your choice to remove someone from your house. We should be able to lock our spiral door if we don't want any visitors.

9. I overlooked this til now. Maybe on friends list a button to communicate with all friends, like an intercom function. that you can use to communicate with all friends at once. (I know thats what group chat is for, but thats time consuming)

10. Maybe the mailbox should not be for messages... bigger chance of cyber bullying. But why not have your gift appear in you mail box rather than the icon once you get your mailbox.

11. I like the idea of having your own wizard portrait. I also think we should have a family portrait showing your other wizards with your wizard. And if your have a family plan you have a much bigger portrait. But the pet the wizard has equipped should also be in the portraits.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

8. more house items

Sorry you think that but this topic is a renewed and updated topic that I started almost 8 months ago, every time it gets too many pages back in the boards i just resubmit it.

P.S. i like the jukebox idea as an update of the radio.

Oh lol sry about that. Anyway ty for liking my jukebox idea :P .

James Skull Wielder
49 necromancer

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:

6. minigame tents. I am starting to think thunderbird looked at my topic and copied me by now lol. each tent sold alone which means one game per tent you buy.

8. more house items

that would be so cool

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
i wanna be able to change the school of the school house, but not the actual house. like, right before you buy it, it says if you would like to change the school, like make the ice house all lavay, and the fire house be covered in electricity, the myth house have the house be on the shoulders of like a satyr.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
wolfhound1999 wrote:
i wanna be able to change the school of the school house, but not the actual house. like, right before you buy it, it says if you would like to change the school, like make the ice house all lavay, and the fire house be covered in electricity, the myth house have the house be on the shoulders of like a satyr.

That would be nice but there's no way it's gonna happen.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
7 View of the world: a view of the world that the house corresponds to would be nice. (when applicable)

This is already in the game and very helpful when you can't figure out fastest way to get somewhere!

But I really like the idea of being able to vist houses of your friends when they are off-line!! I would definitely like to see other peoples houses but it is often difficult as they (1) have to be on-line and (2) willing to stop what they are doing to take you there. Would be easy to control (make it an option on the options page) and would make things much more interactive.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
What emotes do you think KI should include in the next update? Here are some of mine: sit, sneese, skip(can be applied before walking), lie down, fall, kick(would kick out).

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
bushbaby123 wrote:
What emotes do you think KI should include in the next update? Here are some of mine: sit, sneese, skip(can be applied before walking), lie down, fall, kick(would kick out).

maybe yawn (NOT saying yawn) or flex but KI, bring old jump back. i wanna do a massive jump, not a little one

Defender
May 13, 2009
They shpuld have special event emotes. For example, if there is a new emote on haloween, you claim the emotion on the days it is available. It's just like runescape.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009

maybe yawn (NOT saying yawn) or flex but KI, bring old jump back. i wanna do a massive jump, not a little one
This "new" jump was the jump before Celestia came out. I think KI removed it because it was buggy. Anyways, on topic, maybe fly could be added.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I think it would be cool to go up to furniture then, press 'x' to sit, or lie down, and sleep. And, go to a book and press 'x' to read. Then, it could read to you. Good idea?