Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappointment in Rude Players

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Guys I have a useful saying. My dad told me this when I was 5 and got picked on: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." He also told me laughter is the best medicene. If people act rudely to you or call you names you report them and just ignore them. They feed off your anger when you ignore them they get madder and madder, soon enough they start swearing in open chat or around the filter. Report them when they do and keep on gaming.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
I wonder if they are like this in real life... bad sportsmanship ( or for W101, bad wizardmanship ).

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Richard your right
Wizard101 is a family game had for families young and old
And Wizard101 lets us have free speech
and people take the right and throw it in the trash
and they also use "noob" completly wrong
noob means a newbie to a game
but people use it as an excuse to call people annoying and other stuff
some stuff not nice
If people cant use this gift corectly
Why does Wizard101 have it?

Chase Dragonspear Level 70 myth

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
This just happened to me:
I asked someone if they could gift me and i could have made a deal
The deal was i give them treasures or help on quests
Then the dude was like:
No deal i am no charity so beat it

I asked him nicely
he responds
Then he just throws me into the dirt

People need to learn to say "No thanks"
instead of just leaving someone in the dust with rude comments

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Eh, people will be people. I was in a 1v1 match and this one guy starts saying a bunch of extremely sexist and rude remarks, that was, however, a few rounds before i one hit killed and overkilled him. I didn't say anything but gg at the end, i don't reply to jerks any more than i need to. If you ignore them, they'll stop, they just want to attention.

Amber Stormsong level 58 Diviner

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
jekbeau wrote:
Is it me or are wizards in the spiral getting more rude?
Example: I was watching a 2v2 match ( Two level 33 fires vs. level 60 storm and level one storm ) and when it ended, the two fires said they cheated. They kept their word. Not any good sportsmanship from them.
Example #2: I was in a 4v4 match. Towards the end they said "gg not" and bunch of other stuff. I said watch for angels or seths. They replied " Sure. You're mad because you lost" . After we said "gg" they, again, replied " Sure. "

Wolf - lvl 60 death.

LOL There just jelouse lol i know it

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
jekbeau wrote:
Example: I was watching a 2v2 match ( Two level 33 fires vs. level 60 storm and level one storm ) and when it ended, the two fires said they cheated. They kept their word. Not any good sportsmanship from them.
Example #2: I was in a 4v4 match. Towards the end they said "gg not" and bunch of other stuff. I said watch for angels or seths. They replied " Sure. You're mad because you lost" . After we said "gg" they, again, replied " Sure. "

Wolf - lvl 60 death.

It's just how people are, rude. They hate losing so they find someone else to blame. Don't worry about it, they're just sore losers if they can't take a simple loss and learn from it.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
cameron225 wrote:
Eh, people will be people. I was in a 1v1 match and this one guy starts saying a bunch of extremely sexist and rude remarks, that was, however, a few rounds before i one hit killed and overkilled him. I didn't say anything but gg at the end, i don't reply to jerks any more than i need to. If you ignore them, they'll stop, they just want to attention.

Amber Stormsong level 58 Diviner

And I thought this was a family game!

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
ilovecats32 wrote:
yea! i know
ill tell you this really weird time when i was doing pratace pvp 1v1 with this level 60 storm guy in fact first time i looked at him i knew i was gonna die :-(
anyway we started off putting sheilds on and charms on.
and then i cast my ice wyrvan spell on him and it did HEAPS of damage i was sooooooo thrilled :-D ! and he almost was dead!!!!! and then.....
(this is the weirdest part ) he said.... Im SOOO SCARED! and i was like
:| and then he cast this storm lord on meh i was like don don don
and.... it only did 350 damage on meh and i was like
well i had storm sheilds on meh and plus i broke his charm! XD
and then he healed himself and i was like noooooooo! and then i healed me and then he said NOOB and i was like
then i said well... you healed yourself and then he said cause i have a better heal spell than me true tho he cast this flute guy healed him 850 i think and i did the fairy spell i think that healed me 400 (not alot) eh!

This is a great story. Entertaining delivery. Engaging sequence. Great start. Great middle.

Um. It's missing an end. Did you beat him or not? 'Cuz in ranked PvP that's all that matters. Words matter not. Sure, you're in there to have fun, maybe enjoy the challenge of a thinking opponent, maybe to hone your skills as a battle Wizard, and, for me, often to find people I can trust in the main part of the game to run as partners.

But arching over everything else in PvP, including inane chatter by rude and bitter 12-year-olds, is Rating.

So -- did you win?

- Stephen EarthMender
Life Wizard

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
carlcarl99 wrote:
Then the dude was like:

I asked him nicely
he responds

I concur that in the context of a single conversation, the rudeness is unjustified. However, even I get tired of kids running up to me and in various forms asking if I can gift them something.

It's a simple rule: Gifts are given, not requested.

The moment you request a gift, you put yourself in the position of being a begger -- the fact that you were willing to trade only mitigates that slightly.

Unfortunately, most people disdain beggers, and the politeness -- and even businesslike willingness to trade -- which would normally be redeeming qualities, are going to get overlooked more often than not.

The sheer quantities of kids looking for handouts works against you on this one, I'm afraid. It may not be fair -- but it is reality.

- Stephen EarthMender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
eggywig wrote:
I always say good match after a PvP duel. I won't go easy on any body, but I try not to brag or use taunts during the match, except for maybe a Hasta la vista! on my big finish. Cyberbulling is not a good thing, and I try to be nice to others on the internet. To all those people who don't cyberbully, good job, keep up the good work, and maybe one day we can stop the Wild Wizards, as I call them.

Idk why they even have taunts there. I have seen someone use them so much they got reported!

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
iceking355 wrote:

Idk why they even have taunts there. I have seen someone use them so much they got reported!

The likely result of which is that the reporter was probably chastised for abusing the reporting system.

Working cuss words around the chat filter is a valid reason to report. Anything from the Chat Menu is by definition not reportable.

That having been said, I agree that the taunts against actual players seems kind of pointless. But, then, since it's a pre-established list, one could laugh an awful lot at the use of the taunts.

- Stephen EarthMender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
carlcarl99 wrote:
Then the dude was like:

I asked him nicely
he responds

Uh... what does this have to do with anything in this topic? You may have better chance of this being noticed in Ravenwood Commons.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Being mean to new players or being rude after a win or lose in PvP is really awful. Why do they do it they may be better but they were the same lvl to.
I have a little story on my myth PvP person; I was fighting a random girl in pvp she and I were not talking after i used talos "When it was aloud in pvp" she started using faul language and being really rude. I said gg she cussed again when i went to fight again she was there to with her friend they cyberbullied me and were real mean then they both false reported me saying that i would get banned for cheating when i did nothing that the W101 rules dont say to do. I think it is just plain mean/rude of them to do this.

Valkoor Myth lvl 12 myth

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
vilentde3mon wrote:
Being mean to new players or being rude after a win or lose in PvP is really awful. Why do they do it they may be better but they were the same lvl to.
I have a little story on my myth PvP person; I was fighting a random girl in pvp she and I were not talking after i used talos "When it was aloud in pvp" she started using faul language and being really rude. I said gg she cussed again when i went to fight again she was there to with her friend they cyberbullied me and were real mean then they both false reported me saying that i would get banned for cheating when i did nothing that the W101 rules dont say to do. I think it is just plain mean/rude of them to do this.

Valkoor Myth lvl 12 myth

Well, they just got themselves banned/muted.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
jekbeau wrote:

Wolf - lvl 60 death. ( Now 70, since the 3rd day of ZF... perhaps I've gotten better at PvP? )

I agree, some people are just down right rude. I think that we should be able to report people that are just really mean/rude to get them muted. :-o

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Sadly, no one can control it but the report button and ignore button. It's human nature to be rude at times, especially when something doesn't go your way.

Survivor
May 28, 2010
I have been in the drum jungle about to defeat the game and there are 1 or 2 people that jump into your fight, without permission, which is rude enough!

It's in the battle with the Web Haunts. Then as soon as you get 3 or 4 of them to battle, they flee the fight, leaving you alone to fight 3 or 4 monsters who are nearly 3000 points apiece!

This is so rude! This has happened to me repeatedly. Next time it does, I'm going to try and catch thier names and report them.

Behavior like this really ruins the game experience for everyone!

Thanks for letting me rant!

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
Simply joining and then fleeing a battle is not a reason for reporting someone, it could end up being a mark against your account for false reporting.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
This is why there should be a battle lock (I like the battle lock idea better than the port request thing). But if you report them, you could get in trouble.

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life
Brittany Rainriver level 63 storm

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Southsister wrote:
I have been in the drum jungle about to defeat the game and there are 1 or 2 people that jump into your fight, without permission, which is rude enough!

It's in the battle with the Web Haunts. Then as soon as you get 3 or 4 of them to battle, they flee the fight, leaving you alone to fight 3 or 4 monsters who are nearly 3000 points apiece!

This is so rude! This has happened to me repeatedly. Next time it does, I'm going to try and catch thier names and report them.

Behavior like this really ruins the game experience for everyone!

Thanks for letting me rant!

Zafaria of all the other worlds for me has absolutely been the worst world for this and has really become frustrating for many. Today I had 2 lower level wizards join after I began a fight solo, I didn't even see them there when I started, I fled and have been doing that quite often, it's usually always when I only need one or two more of something too. Later in the day a lower level there with a high level joined and fled because he got dragged in my fight instead of the one with his friend, I commented on he fled and the high level friend said to him, you didn't make any friends of the people over there did you? Right I would make friends with a low level that flees my fight? I made no comment to her because I felt she evidently thought that behavior was acceptable. As it turned out she had a hard time keeping him alive the fight and said she wished she had her Life wizard, instead another Life wizard in their group ended up throwing him a sprite. I was lucky my quest completed and I could leave the area.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
They are right, YOU could get in trouble, and besides, people flee on me too, but it doesn't mean anything. Maybe, they realized that they forgot to put spell cards in their deck, I know that has happened to me before!!!!!!

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
I agree it is rude for someone to join, add an enemy, and flee. Or to port to you, add an enemy and flee. But though it is impolite and annoying, it is not really something I would report someone for. But there is nothing wrong with just joining a fight if you are on the same quest as someone else. As long as you stay to finish the duel.

Historian
May 01, 2010
I am not sure a battle lock can be a good idea (trolls taking up battle spaces, not letting other join in places like plaza of conquests, dungeons, etc.) Though, when questing in Zafaria, make sure you always have a friend online, to help you if this happens, is about the only thing I can recommend.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
isn't everybody rude in this game? come on i see at least one post a day complaining that there is rude people. Deal with it because its just like that in real life and there will be a time when your on your own.