Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2011
10. You turn your moms computer desk into a Crafting Station.

9. You make your own books called The Book of Secrets [insert number].

8. You paint over your street sign and re-name it "Cyclops Lane".

7. You sew your own robe and hat that your wizard wears a lot and where it on a daily basis.

6. You make a Malistare piñata and you decorate the baseball bat as your wizard's wand.

5. You want to be an astronaut so you can move to Avalon and meet Merle Ambrose's family.

4. You are asleep in class and the teacher says open your Leviathan books and you wake up and say "We're casting Leviathan! I brought my best wand Mr. Balestrom!"

3. You decorate your house as your Wizard101 castle.

2. You make a song with the beat being the tune playing in The Commons.

1. When you go to the beach you go deep underwater to find Crab Alley.

Richard AshWeaver Level 28 Wizard

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
When you dream about new spells that you wish were in the game.(See my thread in the Dorms "Dream of an Awesome Spell").
Hunter Spellstone lvl 40 Master

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
You know your addicted to Wizard101 when:

1. You carry around a stick and try to cast spells on people when they annoy you
2. You hear ninja and automatically think of a fat pig carrying a sword
3. You go to the store and ask if they have any radioactive carrots
4. You try to ride a shark to the store
5. You get confused when you have a compass and names don't appear above places
6. When you want to go inside you stand in front of the door and wait for a loading sign
7. You change you name to your wizards name
8. You challenge people to duels
9. You always stick to the sidewalks
10. You understood all the references I just made

~Jordan Griffinsword, level 43

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
does anyone else ever grab a soup spoon and try to cast spells on people. then when you walk down the street people see you with spoon and stare at you. then say don't make me use hydra on you. if you do tell me cause i do all these. by luke darkgem i'm level 35 type friend me.

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Alura BH on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
When you're playing Wizard101 as you are reading this (Guilty.)
Omg. I am totally doing this. hahaha

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
Go to the store and wonder "I wonder if i can pay with crowns,"

Dream that you failed a quest and record it as a nightmare.
When you get bored of wizard101 but keep playing anyway.
When you think of your school principal you see Ambrose.
Find yourself writing your best friend's name in green
Scream when someone says "Weakness"

these are all things I have done.

Nora LionThorn

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
1. You search in your sandbox for the balance school
2. You try to set a mark at your house, and try to teleport to it after work
3. You trace the storm symbol and try to cast a leviathan on your parents when they won't buy you crowns
4. You jump to the sidewalk when someone approaches
5. You say, " good job, ice wizards!" when it blizzards
6. You search in your town's pool for celestia
7. You say, "man, you really fizzled there!" when your friend gets a bad grade
8. You try to brew a underwater breathing potion
9. You make wizard101 a daily part of your life
10. You are reading this post

Malorn Ashthorn level 72

Christopher Seasword level 14

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Jason StormShield on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
1. You search in your sandbox for the balance school
2. You try to set a mark at your house, and try to teleport to it after work
3. You trace the storm symbol and try to cast a leviathan on your parents when they won't buy you crowns
4. You jump to the sidewalk when someone approaches
5. You say, " good job, ice wizards!" when it blizzards
6. You search in your town's pool for celestia
7. You say, "man, you really fizzled there!" when your friend gets a bad grade
8. You try to brew a underwater breathing potion
9. You make wizard101 a daily part of your life
10. You are reading this post

Malorn Ashthorn level 72

Christopher Seasword level 14
Darn it! I did number ten!!!

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
When u go color blind from playing too much

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
- When you see a cow you ask it "Where is Mooshu?"
- When you see an orange cat you back away and spray it with water (fire cat XD)
- You believe any cards at the store in packs are packs of treasure cards (u know like the baseball cards)
- When you go to a Dino museum you shout "WE'RE IN AZTECA!!!! OMG!!!!"
- For your birthday all you want is w101 gift cards and crowns Lol
- You refuse to try another online game because you are afraid you will give up w101 (Me!! LOL)
- Whenever you get a new pet, you stare at the screen until it hatches
- In winter you tell your friends to watch out for evil snowmen around the street lol!!!
- You still don't understand why there is no school and tree in Eygpyt
- (not to be tragic,) when you see a house on fire you say to yourself "Boy, they have an infestation of fire elves!!!"
- You are surprised when you cannot find wizard city in your backyard lol
- You overreact when someone deletes you
- You would prefer a two headed dog than a dog with 1 head
- You ask the pet shop owner why they don't turn the cats over to the police ( o'leary gang!! XD )
- You ask the grocery store owner where is the Mooshu cheddar
- You are trying to plant stink weed in your front yard
- When someone is snuggling with a blanket, you ask them "don't u have good ice resist?" LOL !!!
- you plan to take the ,,and a so you are the only one with astral spells in the world
- You have a crying fit when you can't beat a boss for a spell
- you believe that standing in the rain will improve your storm damage
- You think China is the only country that fully believes in magic
- You read every one of these lol
- At school you suggest that they start teaching the magical arts Lol

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
carterma on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

always

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

I always hum everywhere i go in wizard101 even if i shut the sound off i drive my family crazy with it. I even started humming the theme to marleybone during a test in school and was like, sorry! From- Ice kitty or Emma Frostriver level 76

Survivor
May 05, 2010
more ways:
1: you crave sticks and pretend they're wands (me!!!!! LOL)
2: you use the sticks as fake wands and pretend you're killing malistare in your front/back yard (yes, i do this)
3: you convince your sister(s) or brother(s) to play wizard101 in real life with the sticks (again, i do it.)
4: your parents wont let you stay up until midnight doing pvp 1v1 (you know it, ME!!!!!!)
5: you wish that you had a million dollars to spend on crowns on the game, to buy fancy robes, to buy plastic wands/glowstick wands, and every toy in the usa that is related to wizard101 (yup, ME again!!!! lol)

i do all this stuff, dont judge me!

Fred FireFlame, lvl 33 Fire

"you cant start a fire without a spark."

Survivor
May 05, 2010
Destiny Windgem on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
I have one:

You go to a pool and you see a frog in the pool, and you say, "Ugh, I wish Professor Balestrom would stop spying on me!" LOL!

Never happened to me, but I have seen a frog in a pool (before I started playing)
my grandma's pool has frogs in it but i think of them as the storm professor's minions (i said storm professor because i cant spell really well on words i sometimes forget P.S. i almost typed proffesor LOL!)

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
When you add wizard101 to your desk bar.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I once shouted "teleport in the middle of a soccer game. Ooops.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Awgeewhiz on Sep 24, 2009 wrote:
7 When a friend of yours does something embarrasing and you exclaim: "Boy, you just fizzled!".
LOL i've done that before

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
  1. you have got your grandpa and older brother playing\
  2. you dig up mushrooms and logs
  3. you ask your mom for a helephant for your birthday
  4. you take a stick and try to cast pixie when you are sick
  5. when you do not get a helephant you ask for a harpie ( she still said no )
  6. you do not walk in the streets
  7. you dress up as your character in wizard 101 for Halloween
  8. when you call your teacher dworgen
  9. when you start a fan club at school
  10. when you go through your bedroom door hoping you will appear at marleybone
    ps. its not like i know anyone that does that- katie frostflower level 35

Squire
Jul 04, 2012

I hum like, every music in the spiral at school and people ask me what song that is and i usally just make up a fake name.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
1. You got your sibiling as a questing buddy
2. You ask friends to play
3. You play everyday for at least 2 hours
4. You think about Malistaire or Morganthe wherever you go
5. You use random things as wands and try to cast spells
6. You call your self you wizard name
7. You talk about wizard101 all the time
8. You make a picture of your school simbol and hang it up in your room
9. You go on wizard101 central everyday
10. You only play wizard101 on the computer

Survivor
Apr 17, 2013
I have only played for a couple of months - and am on my 4th wiz. But, the only thing confusing is the ability to follow all of the completed quests.

Is there any way possible to do that? If so, please tell me.
It would be grand, if there was a way to incorporate another page "Quest Completed" in the spell book to keep track of all of the questing you've done, the world you were in, name of the quest, who initiated the quest.

Sometimes I find myself running from one world to another and would like to know what I have and have not completed.. What does KI think?

Thank you Mary Lou

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
Well when i know when I play too much is when I see everywhere I go.
Roslyn lvl 23death

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Please tell me I am not the only one who did this;

I was day dreaming about going on and kicking peeps on Wizard101, when my teacher said; "Ok, now we have a speical guest!" My first thought was Prof. Ambrose!! It was our princible.
Later, I asked out loud; "WHEN ARE WE GONNA LEARN SUN SERPENT!!!???" And then I was like and my teacher was like ?????????????????????

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
chatter2000 on Nov 8, 2009 wrote:
I have a weird one: Dressing up as a wizard101 spell for Halloween ( I tried to do that once and be a ninja pig but there was no pig costume but there was a ninja costume)

Oh and trying to shape your food into wizard hats and cards and stuff like that.

Oh and having a dream that you were playing wizard101 and on the computer screen you were playing wizard101 and on the computer screen you were playing wizard101 and on the computer screen you were playing wizard101 and on the computer screen ect. ect.
You know you've been playing wizard101 to much if top level was 40 and there were no healing pets or level 48 spells

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
One way to know you are addicted, love this game, crazy.
You spent over 1,000 dollars on this game (me)

Austin IceThorn Level 65 Pyromancer.