Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the obsidian chests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2009
I have the obsidian chest quest. I have 2 more chests to get.(ancient burial grounds and the lambrinty)I cant get in to the area where the ancient burial grounds obsidian chest is.can i have some help.

p.s. I will be in the pixie realm by mossback at 5:00 wensday.

Samuel Frostsword
lv 43

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Explorer
Jun 28, 2008
You could finish up the mossback quests to get access to that obsidian chest.

Survivor
May 13, 2009
Survivor
May 13, 2009
Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
I cant seem to find where this quest starts.. its not in the Dragonspyre quests.. Can anyone tell me at what lvl and npc you get the obsidian chest quest?

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
I have done all the mossback quests but I still have no access to the obsidian chest in the Ancient Burial Ground.

Can someone help me? Thanks!!!

Sabrina Soulbreath

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Necromancia wrote:
I cant seem to find where this quest starts.. its not in the Dragonspyre quests.. Can anyone tell me at what lvl and npc you get the obsidian chest quest?

It's in Dragonspyre alright! Although, you have to play through the story line to get it. It's a little after you get admition to the academy you get that quest. Good luck when you get it!

Lvel 45 Thaumaturge, Jennifer Angleweaver

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Penguin4ever wrote:
Necromancia wrote:

It's in Dragonspyre alright! Although, you have to play through the story line to get it. It's a little after you get admition to the academy you get that quest. Good luck when you get it!

Yes, but it is not "listed" in the Dragonspyre quests on the wiki or forums. It's available after access to the Academy, following the chain where you can then speak to Ashley (where as the second quest, me thinks) is for the obsidian chests, but alas then you're now shipped off to the Crystal Grove to aquire the crystal for your staff. =p All this for a dragon ride to Malistare? I shall see.

..I'm working on finishing the spyre (mostly after hours) if anyone needs any help. thanks all. =]

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Necromancia wrote:
Penguin4ever wrote:
Necromancia wrote:

Yes, but it is not "listed" in the Dragonspyre quests on the wiki or forums. It's available after access to the Academy, following the chain where you can then speak to Ashley (where as the second quest, me thinks) is for the obsidian chests, but alas then you're now shipped off to the Crystal Grove to aquire the crystal for your staff. =p All this for a dragon ride to Malistare? I shall see.

..I'm working on finishing the spyre (mostly after hours) if anyone needs any help. thanks all. =]

i hvae the same problem. i cant get to the obsidian chest in ancient burial grounds!
and i'm pulling my hair off :s
i have talkt to mossback. but he dont have a quest for me :-( can anyone help me?????
(sorry for the bad spelling)
thx :-D

Explorer
May 07, 2009
Necromancia wrote:
its in dragonspye at the scools you go to my tree the fire tree from caleb lionblood fire 49

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
I have also completed all of the Mossback quests and have tried speaking with Mossback in the Ancient Burial Grounds and still can't get in to complete my Obsidian Chests quest!

Would someone please tell me what I missed so I can complete this quest?

Thanks!

Tasha Moonrunner

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Mossback is in several areas of Mooshu. You also must do the Wavebringer and Oakheart quest to get there.

Here is a previous post to check to see which ones you missed. Hope this helps.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/4968.ftl#24688

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I have 2 more obsidian chests to get too. I am stuck too. Can someone please help???

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
To anyone who is working on the obsidian chests quest: You need to go back to make sure you finished all of the Mossback/Wavebringer quests. I missed one back in the Shrataki Temple and had to go back and complete the rest to get the obsidian chest in the Ancient Burial Grounds.

So going back and double checking what you've completed with MossbackWavebringer is the only way to open the way to finish the quest. I know this is time consuming and annoying, but I can't find anyother way around it so far! If I do, I will definately keep everyone posted!

Tasha Moonrunner

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
krmd wrote:
I have 2 more obsidian chests to get too. I am stuck too. Can someone please help???

Go to the area, ie, Krok, Mooshu, and look on your map. It will tell you where the chest are at.