Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what controls who can enter a dungeon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
I've been having sort of a problem with a person who comes into dungeons when I've got them half finished, never speaks or answers any of my menu chat comments, and doesn't really help other than by jumping into the final boss fight when it's almost over so that she never gets attacked. I didn't really mind too much because even a little help is better than none.

But last night was sort of a problem. She refused to enter the last boss fight (Krokopatra), until it was almost over. I had a run of bad luck and fizzled three times in a row, dying when Krokopatra had only 50 hit points left. Of course, by the time I got back Krokopatra was dead, I didn't have credit for the quest, and it seems the only choice was to wait a half hour or more for the entire dungeon to reset and do it all over again. If she had helped me through the whole fight we'd have won easily, or if I'd been alone the fight would have reset and I could have had a second chance to kill her.

Is there any solution to this problem? Can you prevent people from entering your dungeons? I unfriended her (she'd sent me a friend invite when we first started playing and I accepted, but we'd never cooperated on anything). Does being a friend give you permission to enter dungeons people are in?

Defender
May 29, 2009

Yes, being on your friend list does allow these people to port to you no matter where you are. The only exceptions are single player instances like Golem Tower and a few instances in each of the worlds.

Go to your Privacy Options and turn off porting. I personally keep porting off now and only turn it on when I need a friend to port to me. You can turn the porting on and off even during battle.

crisfir wrote:
I've been having sort of a problem with a person who comes into dungeons when I've got them half finished, never speaks or answers any of my menu chat comments, and doesn't really help other than by jumping into the final boss fight when it's almost over so that she never gets attacked. I didn't really mind too much because even a little help is better than none.

But last night was sort of a problem. She refused to enter the last boss fight (Krokopatra), until it was almost over. I had a run of bad luck and fizzled three times in a row, dying when Krokopatra had only 50 hit points left. Of course, by the time I got back Krokopatra was dead, I didn't have credit for the quest, and it seems the only choice was to wait a half hour or more for the entire dungeon to reset and do it all over again. If she had helped me through the whole fight we'd have won easily, or if I'd been alone the fight would have reset and I could have had a second chance to kill her.

Is there any solution to this problem? Can you prevent people from entering your dungeons? I unfriended her (she'd sent me a friend invite when we first started playing and I accepted, but we'd never cooperated on anything). Does being a friend give you permission to enter dungeons people are in?

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
There is the option of not allowing friends to teleport to you. This would apply to all friends though. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Kieran